Status: Done

True

True (A Jasper Hale one-shot)

"Jake! I'm off to school, bye!" I said as I headed out the door.

"Alex!" He called out, and I came running back to his garage.

"What now?" I whined.

"Try to stay away from trouble, okay?" He reminded me.

"Okay, I'll try. But you do know trouble seems to find me everywhere I go, right?" I joked.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just take care of yourself, alright?" He said and gave me a hug.

"Okay. You too. Don't go working too hard." I giggled then headed to school.

* * *

'Finally, lunch.' I thought as the bell rang. I walked with Bella to the cafeteria, and she invited me to sit with her and the Cullens. I thought it would be a bit awkward since I never really knew them and all-just by names and faces, but still, I ageed. As soon as we went near them, I felt... calm. I don't know why, but I just did.

"Guys, this is Alex. Alex, I guess you already know them, right?" She said, introducing me to them.

"Yeah. I do." I replied.

"Hello, Alex." Edward and Alice greeted.

I said 'hi' to them and sat down next to Bella. Then that was it. I found myself looking at Jasper Hale. He had golden honey blond hair. He's muscular but lean. And like his adoptive siblings, he has pale, marble-like skin and bruise-like purple shadows under his eyes. And of course, there was his golden eyes. As soon as I laid my eyes on him, I felt calm. Then we were talking. I don't know how that happened, but Jasper and I just seemed to click.

* * *

Weeks turned to months and Jasper and I hung out more often. And everytime I hang around him, I could feel something that even I, myself can't explain.

"Okay, Alex, tell me the truth. You like Jasper don't you?" She asked with a smirk.

"What? No. No, I don't. What made you think that?" I denied.

"Well, you always seem to be looking forward on being with him everytime I invite you to hang with me and the Cullens, so I just thought.." She said.

Damn. Bella was right. I mean, I even caught myself thinking of him at times. Ugh, no! It can't be. I can't have feelings for him. Our families hate each other. Jake's already stressed because of Bella and Edward, and I don't want to be added to that. But.. I don't want to not be around Jasper. He wasn't like the other guys I met. I did find myself looking forward on meeting him at school, but then again, how would Jake react? Of course he wouldn't like it. At all. And if I do have feelings for him, how would i know if he feels the same?

It took me a lot of thinking to figure out what I really feel towards him until...

"Alex, may I ask you something?" Edward asked as he walked with me and Bella.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"Do you have feelings for Jazz?"

I didn't answer. I still wasn't sure.

"`Coz, he told me that he loves you. He actually asked me to help him out on how to tell you what he feels. So, I just wanted to know if you feel the same towards him?" He asked again.

"I think.." I started and both Bella and him stared at me.

"I do." I finally said with a smile and they smiled back.

I love Jasper. And this time, I'm sure of it.

* * *

"So, Edward told you, huh?" A familiar voice asked.

I turned around and saw him. Jasper Hale.

"Well, yeah.." I said, then blushed.

He walked over to me and lifted my chin, making me look at him.

"Alex, I love you. If ever I hurt you, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." He said as he pulled me close to him and hugged me.

"I love you too, Jasper." I said and he kissed me.

"So, what does this mean?" I asked as we pulled away.

"I guess this means I'm your boyfriend?" He replied and we shared a laugh.

* * *

"What?! Alex, you know how complicated it is! And still you want to be with him?!" Jacob screamed. He didn't like the idea of me being involved with Jasper.

"Jake, I'm sorry. But I love him. Please, understand me." I pleaded.

"God, Alex! I just don't want you to be hurt and in danger! Don't you know that you're risking your life everytime you're with those bloodsuckers?! And why the newest member?! He might not be able to control himself, just like what he did on Bella's birthday."

"Yeah, but Bella didn't die!" I said - my voice raising.

"It's because Carlisle was there. And so was Edward." He explained.

"Yeah, she's with Edward. Until now. And you accepted the fact that Bella loves him-even though he's a vampire. Because you want her to be happy." I countered and he didn't answer.

"Jake, don't you want me to be happy?" I asked softly.

There was a long silence, but he finally managed to calm down, then he sighed.

"Alex, I do. I want you to be happy but--" He started as I cut him off.

"Then please give Jasper a chance. He'll be more careful now." I said and moved a bit closer to him.

"Fine. I'll give him his first and last chance. But tell me if he hurts you, 'coz when he does, he's dead. Okay?" He said and sighed in defeat.

"Thanks, Jake!" I said happily and hugged him.

* * *

"So, how was last night?" Jasper asked as we entered his room.

"Well, of course, he flipped out. But he agreed to give you a chance." I said smiling at him.

"I love you, Alex." He said and laced his hands with mine.

"I love you too, Jasper." I said and we shared a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a bit confused with the rules. I dunno, hope this turns out okay. Lol.