Status: finished! suquel will be out soon enough(:

To Go Outside Is to Take a Chance

Chapter Twenty-Two.

"Leah,calm down. I'm going to go order some hot chocolate, okay? When I come back we can talk." said Alexa. I tried to breath evenly,but my sobbing wasn't helping. By the time Alexa came back, I had evened out my breathing, and calmed myself down.
I gripped the steaming cup,my hands over-lapping slightly. It was quiet for a moment, until Alexa spoke.
"What's wrong?" she asked.
I sighed,contemplating on whether to answer. I decided for,as she is,in fact,my best friend.
"My parents.Dad's gone. My real dad's back. He's moving in today, and him and mom are getting married.." I said, all in a huff.
Alexa was...well, you could say, she was simply shocked.
"When...did they establish that they were getting married?" she asked.
"I don't know. Mom must have been with him for a while. But i can't put all the blame on her,dad was never around anymore. Still...he left me and Justin years ago,before we were born. Didn't even try to meet up with us.." i told her.
"Well,honey, the only thing you really can do, is live with it. Go home. Appear strong. Ignore him. You did your test for school, your results are coming tomorrow! Do whatever you want with your life! Become FAMOUS!" she exclaimed.
I don't know if it was the hot chocolate I was sipping,or the speech Alexa made,or maybe the realisation of it had hit me,of what i could do, that I became happy,excited even, and a bright grin spread out on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's extremly short, but there will be another chapter today :)