Road to Nowhere

Adam.

Adam sighed in his failed attempt of calming his sudden anger. The doorbell rang twice until Laura, he assumes, reached the door welcoming the strangers into his family’s home. Arguments always rose between him and his mother about how trusting she was. But that was never the case; they were adopted in an unorthodox way and bestowed upon them. Lost puppies, Adam would call them behind their back and to their face.

His room was small, but doable. Adam rarely let people in; however, Tyler was normally with him enjoying the silence or talking which was done most by his little brother, like always. Adam avoided conflict like the plague and in result some individuals as well. It took a lot for him to open up to someone other then his bedroom walls.

A soft knock on his door made Adam raise his eyebrows. He untangled his arms from his pillow and sat up straight. Adam made a grunting noise that resembled cavemen.

“Ma wants you to come down,” Adams adopted younger brother, Tyler spoke through the door. Of course their mom would have Tyler fetch him; Adam never denies his brother.

“Why?” Adam asked sarcastically, pulling on his sweater. In three strides Adam was opening the door. Tyler looked up to him, ready to answer.

“Don’t answer that, Tyler.”

Tyler grinned and pulled on Adams sleeve.

They both walked down the wooden stairs slowly as Adam wanted to stall as much as he could. Tyler rambled about the new additions. Adam closed his eyes, thinking of something different, but adding his word when needed. His family was big enough, what are they bringing to the table?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are cool :)
Just like you <3

x
Rotten