Status: Not sure if to turn into a story or to leave it as is.

I'm Not Afraid to Take a Stand

Just let you know that, you're not alone

I stood there, admiring myself in the suit, the black certainly making me paler than before. I wasn’t ready for this, but then again who was? The death of a friend can never be easy. I stepped out of my small box room and made my way down the stairs, gripping the banister as I went. Plague sat of the small arm chair staring blankly at the wall, I walked over to the table and lent against it, waiting for the return of Despair.
“Guardian?” a soft voice spoke, I lifted my head up to violet standing in the kitchen doorway, glancing at Plague… there was always a first for everything, and seeing Plague cry is one of those times. She didn’t want me to be here, she had told me so last night when I arrived after my absence.

Three years! Three whole bloody years and now you decide to come back?!” I sighed it was true… I had left during a hard time for them, but I was being forced too, to keep them safe. She shook with rage, I dropped my bag and walked passed her and into the living room of my old house. Despair stood in front of me, his fist connecting with my cheek, I stumbled back slightly my eyes going black. “Three years! Why!?” I snapped out of the violent thoughts filling my mind and concentrated on Plague,
“Because sometimes leaving the people you love is what’s right.” Despair stormed out of the house. She stood still looking at me, her anger gone.
“I don’t need you now, you can leave” she mumbled, her voice now sad. And that was the reason I returned.


I played with the cuff of the jacket, until a hand grabbed my wrist jerking it upwards; I glared at the hand, refusing to look at the face… I knew what they saw, I knew what was coming, and nothing would make this any easier. “Falcon” it wasn’t a question it was a statement,
“Your late” I spoke calmly, I looked at the small black falcon tattoo that graced my wrist…his mark. Despair looked disgusted, he dropped my wrist and stalked over to his sister; I pulled my sleeve back down my knuckles white, I had to control my anger.

Your part of our legacy now” He looked at me, smiling… this was his plan after all wasn’t it? I sighed as I signed the piece of paper, all this to protect my family. A small mark appeared onto my wrist as I finished writing. “You must control your anger, it will get you no where here.” Falcon reached out and ripped Plagues bracelet off of my wrist and as beads hit the floor, so did my pride.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and reminded myself why I was here, Plague. I picked my keys off the table and turned round to see Despair sat next to Plague in a half hug and Violet crying herself sat the other side; things had changed since I had left. “Ready?” I asked, bringing them out of their daze. Violet sniffed and nodded. I was once part of this scene, not anymore. Despair shoved me as he walked past holding Plagues hand, her eyes had dark red rings around them… she hadn’t killed in a while, she was letting this get to her too much.
I walked out side following them, ducking under the beam of the door, they were stood next to my old black Volkswagen Touareg, the blood splatters still across its body, the dents and scratches from the many fights it’s seen. I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me; they had kept my ‘baby’ as I had called it many times before… the one thing I had expected them to get rid of. Violet glanced at me, her eyes full of pity; she turned away before closing the door. I sighed as they drove off, I hated myself, my conscious was fighting itself, to many commitments, too many promises to keep.

I sat in my new car, a new town appeared on the touch screen in the dashboard, a new person to kill. I gritted my teeth and started the car, when the Touareg was a safe distance from me, I tapped the town name, bringing up a list of details, most of these were humans who had done wrong, a few handful were stray immortals, and then there was the ocasional assasination mission. The word immortal flashed luminous green on the screen, I changed gears and stared at the Touareg, I wished they would forgive me, unfortunatly, if Plague hasn’t changed, then I wont be forgiven.
I tapped the word, this time bringing up the name of the immortal ‘Plague’. I smashed my fist into the screen, sparks flying around the car I gripped the screen and ripped it out of its hold. I opened the window and through it out onto the motoway. I grippd the steering wheel and kept my gaze on the black Volkswagen Touareg.

I turned off into the chruch yard, following the Touareg, the stones chrunching under the car tires. I pulled up outside the church, Plague, Despair and Violet stood outside of the church, neither of them wanting to go in, I couldn’t blame them, we wernt welcome here. I got out of my car and straightened up, I pulled my dark aviators out of my pocket and put them on, covering my eyes.

Violet walked over to me, and placed a hand on my arm giving me yet more sympathy “Why are you feeling sorry for me” I asked a slight edge to my voice,
“We were worried” she spoke softly, trying not to feel intimidated,
“no need to worry now” I spat “Just look after Plague” I stalked off towards the place where he were to be buried, a dark cloud cast a shadow over the church, a few drops of rain fell from the sky.

A small group of mortals dressed in black stood around his grave, his old and new friends; a few immortals stood around the edges of the area, careful to not intrude, all dressed in black, heads bowed. “May he Rest in peace” tears shed from many, and in that moment I realised who I truly was… I was Guardian, not a killer, not a slave but a man of reason and a place of retreat for lost souls. “From ash’s to ash’s, dust to dust” the coffin lowered into its final resting place, he was safe now. “he is with god now” a few immortals glanced at eachother knowingly. Plague fell to her knees into a sobbing mess, a few mortals turned to see who we were, a group of four, clearly distressed, yet, we were the ones who kicked him out; this is why Plague was so upset, she blamed herself. I didn’t dwell on the question everyone was thinking, what would of happened if we had stayed with him for the last 4 years? Would this of happened?. The minister ushered the small crowd away, to go to the next part of the service. A man lifted his head up, Vincent. He tilted his fedora before walking towards the grave and disspearing into thin air as if the wind blew him. Immortals scattered after paying their respect. I looked to Plague and saw her and violet hugging, atleast they had become friends whilst I was gone. Two men came from the church dressed in beige durt covered trouser and black shirts, shovels in hand. We stood and watched them bury our old friend, the rain began to pour down, making their work harder.
”need a hand?” I asked, they nodded half smiling.

We had finished in record time, the grave diggers were bent over their shovels gulping in the air, their clothes soaked through like mine. I took my suit jacket off and placed it on his grave, making a small cross across my chest “father, son and the holy spirit” I mumbled. Plague knelt down beside me touching the stone,
”Why? Why him?” she sniffed and held the cross, hanging from her neck, that I had left behind for her.
”It was fate” I outlined his name with my finger,
”you speak about it as if there is such thing”
“After all these people you killed without a second thoguht, your finally on the receiving end, finally feeling the pain pf loss” her head snapped towards me her eyes dangerously black…I shrugged it off and stood up; Despair was eyeing me suspiciously.

“what does it say?” we all spun round to see a average looking human standing there, her black hair cut across her left eye, black skinny jeans and a bright hoodie covering her head. She raised her eyebrow and looked at us as if we could kill her… oh wait.
“Here lies Daikon Johnson, 1989 – 2010 he will be loved forever, in our hearts always.” Plague answered still staring at the stone. The kid frowned
“why’d they change his real age and name?” we all looked at each other faily shocked.

“Get away from me! I don’t care who Daikon is!” a scream came from the bush near his grave, a girl with vibrant orange hair stumbled out, Despair grabbed her by the neck, anger flashing through his features,
“Lara what the hell?” The other girl said. the girl named Lara just stared at Despair with anger.
“Whats your name?” I asked the black haired girl, she smiled and held out her hand,
“Amie” Despair let go of Lara who fell to the floor coughing and turned to help Plague off of the floor. I shook her hand cautiously.
“Lara, what happened back there…?” Amie asked her,
“This crazy guy, with black hair chased me!” she held her hands out wide as if it put her point across more. “I found him crying and I asked what was wrong and then he started threatening me, so natrually a threatened back. “ I looked at her shocked,
“guy with black hair? Black clothes too?” I asked her
“yeah…” shit. I looked at Plague who had the same thoughts.

Raven.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay story time :D