Status: Not sure if to turn into a story or to leave it as is.

I'm Not Afraid to Take a Stand

Today is a winding road...

Three years ago...
I waited three weeks for his return before finally coming up to the conclusion he wasn't coming home. I was left alone again, Despair had gone on a week away, he called it his 'cool down time' but we all knew he would kill a whole village, one person at a time before he returned home. I sat on the floor in the big empty house, the wooden floor letting a breeze flow in and up the back of my black top.
Tears slowly and silently streamed down my face. No one around to hear my sobs. Abandoned for the third time, once was enough for me, although my parents didn't really have much of a choice. Four days passed before I finally decided that Despair would be home soon, so I stood up and pulled my unwilling body up the stairs and to my room. I walked into the cupboard and pulled out two towels before turning to my wardrobe. I flung open the doors and gazed inside. Pulling out the tightest pair of skinny jeans I could find I sighed and pulled a baggy white tee off the shelf and threw them onto my bed. I took the towels into the bathroom and grabbed some underwear from my drawer on the way passed.
Turning the shower on, I let the water run while I pulled my hair up into a bun on the top of my head and began to take off my clothes. Throwing my top into the washing basket, testing the water first I pulled off my underwear and stood in line of the water. The cold hit me and I stood letting the water hit my face, not bothering how long I stood there. Tears fell back down my face as the realization hit me, I could be here alone forever. The rest of my existence spent alone was not something I would ever look forward too, but I knew that as soon as who ever took Tavien's place found out I was alone, vulnerable, and most likely at my weakest they would come.
A rap at the door woke me from my not so peaceful nap. I draped the black coat over my shoulders and picked up my keys from the table, dropped the phone I held and opened the door. The sun was bright and light the day too well. A small laugh sounded from beside me as I flipped my hood to cover my head and eyes. Together we stalked off towards the house of an unsuspecting immortal. Pure daylight. A crimson colour left stained on his skin. His hands forever blood red, his face splattered, his arms, torso... forever stained. This mark is how we found them, and once they had been found, they couldn't escape. We walked in and within seconds I had him on his knee's begging forgiveness, I laughed at his pitiful attempts. I never bothered to learn the names of my partners as I never kept them around long enough, one mission is all they ever got to see.
I shook my head and dropped to my knee's. I didn't want to become a killer, I liked what Guardian had made me into, I didn't know how to live without him.
A few weeks passed, still alone. The routine never changed or faltered, Id wake up, shower, go for a jog and come home to an empty house. Until it came up to the date of my parents death. I got in the car and drove 100 miles to the grave yard to see them. I didn't take flowers and I didn't cry as I knew it would have looked strange for passers by to see me cry over people I should never have met. I spent the day at the grave yard, I cleaned up their headstones and then I just sat on the grass and let the day escape.
“Rosalie?” a recognizable voice asked. I nodded slowly, squinting from the sun. A hand outstretched to help me up, I took it and he walked off interlocking my arm with his. “I'm afraid I have some bad news. And I'm sorry I have to pass this news to you here.” Guardians face flashed in my memory and his smile seemed so real, real enough to touch, but I knew that it was only my minds image. I sniffed and then spoke.
“Who are you? And what is this news?” My voice stayed strong, even though I was at my weakest.
“I am a friend of Raven's. My name is Luthar. I am afraid to tell you of a terrible parting. Daikon is no longer with us.' A tear rolled silently down my face as Luthar continued. 'It was a tragic accident.”
“Please. Tell me what happened.” I pleaded. I already felt to blame.
“Both Raven and Daikon came to me after you kicked them out and told me everything. How Daikon loved you with all of his heart, but he loved Raven in a different way. He saw you as a sister, not a lover. Once you kicked them out he said that you nearly tried to kill him, but you were strong enough not to.' I nodded remembering that day as if it happened yesterday. 'They told me that they wouldn't be around much longer. They were moving away. Going to some place in the Philippines. So I said goodbye and helped them pack their stuff. About a year after they moved they came down to visit. That's when it happened, Daikon was found hanging from a tree...”
“WAIT?! Whoa, Whoa... lets go somewhere more private. Just, just.. get in my car!” I ran over to the car and started the engine, swinging around and picking him up, I drove at top speed to a field I knew well. “Is this where he was found?” I asked pointing at the tree. Tears already streaming down my face. Luthar nodded and put his hand on my shoulder, I spun out of his 'comforting touch' and my seatbelt and ran to the tree. I dropped to my knee's as he walked over and sat cross legged in front of me.
“Rosalie, you cann...”
“SHUT UP! Just actually shut the fuck up and if I were you I'd get the fuck away from me.” I butted in, but he stayed where he sat. I lifted my head to reveal my black eyes, something I haven't had in a while. Black tears replaced the salt water which ran down my face. He grabbed at his throat as his airways became blocked. “I warned you.” I whispered. Slowly he started to gag, he coughed up blood and phlem as I sat there, tears of black streaming faster then ever.
“PLAGUE! Stop now!” I blinked and stood up. Luthar set free from the trap I'd set him in gasped and scrambled to his feet. “Or is it Rosalie again?” Despair chuckled and then saw the tears down my face finally look like water again. He sighed and punched Luthar straight in the face and we both watched as he hit the floor with a light thud.
“I don't care, call me what you wish. Where have you been? Guardian hasn't come back, its been two months Despair. You both left ME for two months.” He laughed.
“I have been comforting Raven. Although you're in a much worse state. I'm sorry. I'm here now!” he said and pulled me into a hug. I pushed away and gave him a what-the-hell-are-you-doing kind of look. He obviously understood what the look was for as he answered me.
“We're family, and it looks like you are all I have and I'm all you have. We have to make it by our selves. I know its normally Guardian who comforts you if you're really depressed, but right now, he's the reason you're in this state.” I nodded before the silent tears started again.
We were finally home and the second Despair walked in he knew it was me who had been living here alone. The smell of death was all around. I created the smell to bring me back to the first day we moved into our first house. The day Guardian had saved me.
“Rose! You haven't opened any mail?” I shook my head as he picked up the letter on top. “Looks like a damn good thing too. Look at this.” he beckoned me over and I looked down at the small piece of card...
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like it :)
chapter title from 'Boys Like Girls' - 'Thunder'