‹ Prequel: Sweeter Than Poison
Status: Short story, each one will have a short story as a sequel. Not a next chapter.

Poisonous Kisses

Overpowering Shadow

Damn him, damn him, damn him!

I walked slowly, ackwardly, along the street, feeling the cold night air hit gently against my face. I wore a gray hoodie, black, tight jeans, and my black Converse sneakers. I shivered in my own body, feeling more cold than I usually do. It was time to face the obstacles in my way, and this time I had a secret weapon with me. My Devil Lord.

This perfect looking demon had been summoned by my suspicious magic spells book I'd bought at the bookstore. It wasn't the smartest thing to do, but what else was I supposed to do? My mother was ill-still is- and I didn't have the money to take care of her properly. She's sincerely dying. It scares me that for a reason like my father dying and leaving us with no way to support ourselves, my mother would die so easily. I couldn't let that happen. I made a deal with the Devil Lord, in exchange for him granting my wishes, he wishes for my body. Huh. Whatever that means. It scares me, though. The first time I'd met him, I almost had a heart attack. But I still did it. I formed a contract with the Devil Lord. And now I was headed to my room to meet him.

I opened the door to my house, walking inside into the living room. The tv was on, and my mother laid there on the sofa, resting. Her skin looked pale, and ghostly. Her hair was slightly wet, probably from sweat, there was small purple bags under her eyes. It broke my heart to see her like this.

I quickly made my way up to my room, opening the door abruptly to find my expected bargain sitting cross legged on my bed. How odd. He looked so comfortable.

"Hi," I whispered ackwardly to him.

A sexy, devious smile spread across his perfect white skin. "Again with the shyness?" he remarked, standing up and walking towards me, his black boots making no sound against my wooden floor.

"Um, no," I responded quickly. "I was just...s-s-saying hi."

He chuckled, placing his hand under my chin. "And what may I do for you tonight? Are you ready to make your wish?" His crimson, red eyes went right through, stopping my heart for what felt like three seconds of painful silence.

"I-I-I...Not yet!" I managed to say. "I...don't want it...just yet."

He frowned, showing an obvious disappointment to my denying of our exchange. I would get my wish. He would get part of my soul. Of course, that would seem disappointing to him. He released me, walking back to sit on my bed. I exhaled in relief. Ah, what a fool!

"If you wish so, then so be it..." He sighed, actually showing some normalness after these past two days. He always seemed so far away, devious, and perfect, that I would have never imagined I'd get to see him show any human emotion. He continued, interrupting my thoughts. "I must say I was looking forward to it. You looked so tasty!" He cross his arms over his chest, pouting a bit. I was amazed. He really did look like a normal human being. Except for the striking perfection, and all.

He turned his head at me, noticing I was staring at him, thoroughly. "Something wrong?"

A bright color of red splattered on my cheeks, as I stuttered, looking for an answer. Might as well be honest. "Um, I-I-I was just thinking that you looked like a normal person there, that's all."

Before I knew it, a dark expression overtook his features. In the blink of an eye, he was standing in front of me, looking straight into my eyes, a dark shadow overpowering me. Did I offend him? He placed his smooth hand over my neck, tilting his head, that serious expression still taped to his face. "Are you saying that I look just as weak as a frail human? I assure you, I am far more powerful than a mear mortal. Do you want me to demonstrate?" He tightened his grip on my neck.

My eyes widened at the realization of his words. He felt...like killing me. Just because of what I said. And he could, too. "No! I didn't mean what I said!" I insisted. "I swear, I just meant that...you looked disappointed-like a human would be-about the fact that you couldn't..."

He released his grip once again, still looking into my eyes. A small smile overtook his lips, as he chuckled softly. His breath... It took my breath away. "Yes, yes, I was. I can see how that is similar to a human, I apologize. But I did mean what I said. You looked so tasty..." He traced a line across my chest, my heart stopping altogether.

My feet failed me, as I stumbled upon him, his arms securing me. Making sure I didn't faint, right there and then. He helped me walk over to my bed, and I laid down on my pillow, feeling suddenly light headed. His awe inspiring laughter rattled through my ears, as he sat down next to me, looking into my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at the answers on the back of the book, and smiled to myself, satisfied I got them all right. I was in Math class at the moment, sitting by the window, doing my classwork on my own, while everyone else were doing the problem together. I sighed, and closed my book.

"I'm done..." I whispered to the class helper, handing him my notebook. He was a college student, about twenty years of age. He was cute, that I sometimes noticed absent mindedly. He smiled at me, and shook his head, laughing softly. "What?" I said.

He looked at me, and replied, "Nothing. Just wondering why I'm surprised to see that you're the first one done."

I smiled a small smile, and turned my head towards the big window, taking about the size of the whole wall. A bird flew pass it, making a shadow on the floor, which I stared at for some reason. A shadow... As I looked up, a gasp left my lips, bringing everyone's attention to me.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry."

They turned away.

I turned my head slowly back to where I was looking at. The Devil Lord was still there, hanging upside down from the ceiling, smiling. "What are you doing?" I mouthed with my lips.

His eyes glowed a bright red, that devious, sexy smile overpowering me again. He mouthed back, "Watching."

My eyes widened at his bluntness, and my cheeks turned red. I would never be the same again.
♠ ♠ ♠
A sequel, like I promised, for you guys. Sorry for the errors.

This time I hope you like it. :)
Comment!