Status: Just starting... Hopes ya like it!

Just Kidding, I Don't Love You. Well... I Don't Think So.

Free

The plane touched down in Brookings. Nicolette sighed in relief.

"What are you so happy about?" Jake teased.

She stuck her tongue out at him. He chuckled.

"So, uh, Nicolette," he said. "Where are you going to be staying?"

She shrugged.

"I don't know," she said, biting her lip. "I guess I didn't really think about that. I should have planned that out."

"You can stay with me for awhile if you want."

"Really? You would do that? Because I could just get a hotel room... I mean, I don't want to be a bother..."

"No, really, it'd be fine." he said reassuringly. "I'm sure my roommate won't mind, either."

Nicolette nodded. "How old are you, Jake?"

"I'm a senior in high school."

"Oh, good. I am, too. Where's the high school?"

"I can drive you tomorrow, if you'd like."

"Thanks," Nicolette said gratefully. "I have no idea where anything is."

"I can help you out." he said.

She lugged her stuff out of the baggage claim and into the trunk of Jake's car.

"Okay. So my roommate's name is Sam. He's a really nice guy. I'm sure you'll like him, and well... who wouldn't like you?" Jake said.

Nicolette blushed.

They pulled up to a nice apartment. Nicolette gawked for a second before she snapped out of it and grabbed her stuff out of the trunk. She only grabbed like clothes and crap because she knew she wasn't staying forever.

"I'll only stay until I find a place more permanent, I promise," she said.

"Really, Nicolette, it's no trouble," he says, a smile on his face. "Don't worry about it."

Jake unlocked the door.

"Hey, Jake," a good-looking guy with curly blond hair said. "Oh. Who's this?"

"This is a friend of mine, Nicolette."

"Well, hi. I'm Sam," he said, putting out a hand for a handshake.

"Nicolette."

They shook hands.

Nicolette became good friends with Sam.

"Do you know if there's any houses for sale?" she asked. "I've been looking for somewhere a little more permanent."

Sam nodded. "I can help you out."

"Thanks!" she said, with a grin.

He grinned, too. Nicolette's joy was just so contagious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments :D