The Father I Never Wanted is the Person I've Always Needed

find anything you like

“Come on Sophia you can’t lock yourself up there forever and I really don’t want to go shopping by myself.”

Is sighed putting the book on my bed. “You did when I wasn’t here.”

“Please?” I couldn’t believe the girl really was using the puppy eyes on me.

I rolled my eyes and claimed off the bed. “Fine but you owe me.” she smiled clapping her hands yelling ‘yay’ I slightly glared at her perkiness but followed her down the stairs

“I only have to get a couple things for the cookout tonight.” I nodded and fallowed her into Wal-Mart, I listened as she told me story’s about her and Matt and how they got together. I think she was trying to use her story’s to get me to like him but it wasn’t working and finally I had to get away.

“Hey Val I’m going to go look at some C.D’s.” She looked a little disappointed but agreed that she would come find me when she was done. I nodded and practically ran away from her. Don’t get me wrong I love Val she’s been nothing but nice to me for the last two days but I just can’t take all the talk about Matt being this great guy when we all know that he’s not, or at least I know that and I’m not going to let him trick me like he has everyone else.

I guess I was to busy in my thoughts to think about where I was going because the next thing I knew I was on the ground.

“Oh shit I’m sorry about that.” I glanced up at the voice and almost drooled all over myself. A boy stood in front of me, he was about my age. He had Black hair that covered his forehead and his eyes I could have sat on that dirty floor all day and stared into his eyes.

He held his hand out to me “Its okay my fault should have been looking where I was going.” His smile was to die for. “I’m Dylan.

I smiled “I’m Sophia.”

“Are you new around here? I’ve never seen you before.”

“Uh, yea I just moved here to live with my dad.” My smile now was fake.

He stared at me for a moment. “You don’t seem to happy about that?”

I laughed “That’s cause I’m not.”

He was about to say something but shut his mouth glancing down at his phone that I hadn’t even known was ringing.
“I got to take this but I’m having a party tonight at my house. You should come.” He handed me a paper with his address on it.

“Yeah I’ll try.”

He took my hand, not taking his eyes from mine and kissed it “I hope to see you there Sophia.” With that he turned pulling his phone to his ear. I must have looked stupid just standing there staring at him but I really didn’t care he put all the guys at my old school to shame with that smile.

“Earth to Sophia, did you find anything you liked?”

I didn’t take my eyes off of his back until he was out of site “I sure did.”

Val looked at me strangely. “Well… I’m ready to go if you are.”

I nodded putting the flyer into my back packet. “Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS