Sequel: Our Love
Status: Redoing!

Young Love

Ten.

"What do you mean you already knew?" I asked them. I honestly had no idea what to think or say right now.

"Yeah dude. No matter what you think you are pretty transparent." Quil said.

"Meaning..." I said slowly. I thought I was so careful!

"Dude, you cannot hide a secret to save your life. Especially when in your wolf form." Jared laughed in his head.

"All we've been hearing all week is 'OMG Namid is so awesome, she is so funny,' and 'I hope I don't have to play dress up again.' By the way, loved the dress." I growled at Leah's comment. I could practically hear her laughing in my head. Only she would make a joke like that, no one else is that despicable.

"Yeah, now we are in the same boat." Quil commented, "I'm not the only one with a single digit imprint."

"Hey! Mines turning 10 in a few weeks!" I defended myself. It wasn't that big, only a few years.

"Same thing, it's still a huge difference between your ages. Like 6 years!" Embry now pointed out.

"Okay I get it…" I growled. No need to rub it in my face.

There was a period of silence from talking, I could hear everyone and what they were thinking about, thanks to my wolf abilities, and strangely enough they were not about Namid and me.

"Well not everything is about you, you know." Leah just had to pipe in and ruin the silence.

"Leah!" The alpha commanded. Finally Sam decided to butt in. Just what I needed, a Leah vs. Sam showdown.

"Oh, sorry." Leah said sarcastically before muttering a few choice words. I should have done this in human form.

"So why didn't you guys say anything?" I questioned them. They had held it in for almost two weeks. If it had been me I would of blabbed the second I found out.

"We knew you were self-conscious about her. So we didn't pick on you." Quil answered me.

"Why?"

"Because that's what friends do." Quil answered me again.

When he answered me I couldn't help but feel like total crap. It was no secret that when Quil told us about imprinting on Claire I was the first to pick at it and call him some distasteful and crude names in sick humor. I guess this was my karma or payback or whatever you call it.

Quil and I have never really had the best of relationships. We were cool and all but it was nothing like his relationship with Jake and Embry or my relationship with Jared and Sam. Even though we were one pack we still had cliques between us that separated us. And not to mention really nothing in common besides a furry problem.

But now we had something , something that was the most important thing in our lives, something that neither of us could or would live without. Our imprints. That is what connected us now. Our imprints made us brothers. They made us have something in common with each other, no longer are we in this alone.

=/=

A few hours later I was back at home watching the television when I heard a knock on my door. I stood up from the couch and happily turned off the stupid rerun of Home Improvement. Phasing back from telling the news I returned home and instead of going over to Namid's house like I usually do, I had to find something to do at my house. I had a messy bedroom that I could clean, or I could watch stupid sitcoms on the television and numb my mind. I obviously chose the latter.

Back to the knocking, when I got to my front door yelling up to my father that I got it, I opened it to find Quil at my front porch.

Normally I would have said something sarcastic about why he was here, but now I don't mind. Now we were brothers.

"Sup bro?" I said nodding to him. I opened the door all the way and let him inside. With just my dad and me we kept the front entrance of the house clean. No comment on the rest though.

"Nothing much just wanted to come over and talk for a second about what you were thinking about earlier." He said while walking into my house.

"Oh, okay." I replied. My defense walls started to build up and my face became unemotional just a bit. I made sure it looked very stoic just in case he came over to rub in my face about my girly emotion breakthrough I had. Though I would be hurt if he did, I wouldn't have anger towards him since I, unfortunately, would have done the same thing if not for something to change my outlook on life a few weeks ago.

"I just wanted to let you know that I feel the same way. I always thought I was a freak and alone because of Claire. It also didn't help all the fazing I got from you." He said. Guilt rose up in me.

"Yeah about that I just want to say how sorry I am for all I put you through. I cannot believe what I said back then." I started. I almost wanted to start crying. Man hanging out with Namid really made me start to turn into a girl.

"Water under the bridge bro." Quil waved it off, but I wouldn't have any of that.

"No really, I don't apologize for much even though I should so hear me out." I said. "I should have never said any of the things I said because we are a pack and brothers. Brothers would have never done that to each other. Being with Namid is helping me really focus on myself and my insecurities, and how I lash out on people because I am too freaking scared to do anything about it."

Quil looked at me with wondrous eyes. I was really emotional right then and if Quil really wanted it I would have even given him a hug. I really need to man up.

"Um well, thanks man I should probably get going." Quil said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. I shook my head to clear my own thoughts.

"Uh yeah, that'd be good. So I'll see you later then?" I said strangely. He needs to leave now before I grow fairy wings and start singing sing-a-longs, like Mr. Rodgers or something.

"Yeah." He answered as he opened my door and started walking out.

He finished walking down the stair of my house's front porch when he turned around and smirked at me.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, Emily is making dinner on Saturday and wants you to come… With Namid."