Sequel: Our Love
Status: Redoing!

Young Love

Twelve.

Picking Namid up in the old pickup his father let him have, Paul and Namid were on their way to Sam and Emily's for the last dinner of the summer. Tomorrow school was starting again. Paul would be going into his senior year and Namid into 5th grade. Talk about a big age difference…

Paul had a lot of stress running through him which was causing him to be a bit jumpier than usually. If he saw himself at the moment he would look like a paranoid fool. Not only was he worried about this dinner but also school. This was his last year, and Namid was only halfway through it. What would the next few years of her still in school and him out of it be like?

8 AM through 3 PM Namid would be in school and away from him and not to mention she'd have homework! Paul shook his head trying to clear the thoughts from his head. The last thing he needed at the moment was more stress!

Taking a left turn and driving on the street for a few seconds Paul pulled up to Sam and Emily's house. That was probably the shortest drive in the history of nerve-wrecking and anxiety filled drives ever! Maybe he should turn around detour to Oregon or something..

"Are we here now Paul?" Namid asked while unbuckling her seat belt. He opened his mouth to lie but heard a voice from inside the house blab to everyone that they arrived.

Paul sighed. "Yes Namid we are." He hopped out of the driver's seat and walked over to the passenger's side to open the door for her. Yeah chivalry isn't dead… yet.

Namid grabbed his hand, and they started walking towards the front door. With each step the outgoing and spunky girl he imprinted on disappeared and a shy, timid one replaced her. With each step the caring, loving, and doting man Paul was around her disappeared and a hot-headed, protective, werewolf replaced him.

No one better get on his nerves today or this will get hairy, literally!

/

Namid sat on the couch in the living room with her mouth slightly agape and wide eyes.

These. People. Were. Nuts.

The night on the beach weeks ago didn't seem like it was this crazy. When Paul and her first entered she swore there were 500 tan muscular men in La Push, and they were all in Ms. Emily's living room. Thousands of hands patted her back and ruffled up her hair for thirty minutes.

All Namid could remember of those long minutes is a blur of tan bodies, black hair, and sun worthy heat.

The space next to her is soon taken up by the big girl with the short hair and permanent scowl. Namid timidly followed the frame of her muscular frame all the way up to the woman's face with a scowl on it.

"So you are Namid." The woman said leering down at her with a hard stare. Namid visibly gulped.

"Ye-yes." Namid stuttered. The woman blew air out of her nose slowly, scowl still present. Namid shifted uncomfortably under the woman's hard gaze. This woman was extremely intimating.

"Hmm." Was all the woman said, and Namid started sweating. She started twitting her fingers on her lap deciding if she should try the cuteness face on the woman in hopes to break her.

Namid took a deep breath and looked up at the woman though her lashes and twisted the corner of her lips up into a small smile. "What's your name?"

The woman just arched an eyebrow and gave Namid a look like 'you honestly think that works on me?' Well, it was worth a shot.

"Leah." Both Namid and the woman, who was now Leah, turned to face the man who had his arm wrapped around the scarred woman, Emily.

"What Sam?" Leah snarled giving the man an eviler look than she had sent Namid seconds ago.

"Be nice to Namid." Sam said sternly giving Leah the evil eye back to her.

Leah turned and faced Namid again and gave the girl a condescending smirk. Looking directly at Namid she said, "What, am I 10 years old? I don't need someone to tell me what I can and can't do. I'm not a baby."

Okay so it wasn't that bad, but it still hurt. Namid turned her eyes to the floor, and her eyes began to water. No one had ever been so mean to her before.

"Leah!" A voice snarled, but this time is wasn't Sam but Paul. Namid looked up to see a shaking Paul who was giving Leah the nastiest glare ever. And she thought Leah and Sam's were bad… Namid would hate to be on the receiving end of Paul's.

"Oh shut up Paul." Leah growled back and returned the glare. Leah stood up from her sitting position on the couch and started shaking also.

"Move away from Namid now." Paul demanded and flexed his muscles subconsciously. Leah smirked.

"Nah, I was just getting to know Namid though. Shouldn't she know about the furry problem?" Leah turned to face me and gave me a fake smile. "Sweetie, Paul's been lying to you we are all wolv-." She was cut off from Paul launching himself at her and her bracing herself for the impact. Before Namid could blink both Paul and Leah disappeared outside.

Her brain was still trying to process what had just happened in the last 5 minutes when Kim and Emily came rushing to her with concern on their faces.

Namid heard them talking to her yet she couldn't compute what they were saying to her since her brain was still catching up on everything. So she just sat there mouth wide open and a black stare on her face. This is an extremely strange dinner. What did Leah mean? What is Paul lying about?