I Can Transform You

Mission

POV: Gerard

After bumping into Ray, I walked round the corner and saw yet another familiar face.

“Hey badman!” Bob greeted me, smirking. “You’re back then!”

Badman. What even…

I smirked back at him.

“Hey.” My mind was fully focused on my plan, and it just so happened to involve Bob. “Man, I need a favour.”

“Sure thing, bro,” he agreed, without even asking what I needed him to do. Bob’s awesome like that. That’s why I come to him for these things.

Ray would stand there for hours interrogating me about what I needed him to do and why, then he’d weigh up the pros and cons of said task, and I would probably want to take my own life by the end of that taxing conversation.

“Okay, well, I don’t have time to explain, because I’m late for a meeting, but when you get out of first period, I need you to come to Harrison’s office with a distraction, and get him to go with you,” I explained vaguely, causing Bob to narrow his eyes at me.

“What kind of distraction?”

“I don’t know… Whatever gets him to leave me alone in his office. Use your imagination!” I retorted dismissively.

Bob looked thoughtful a moment, staring off into space, clearly trying to think of something right here and now on the spot.

“Huh. Well, alright,” he eventually shrugged nonchalantly. Then, he added, “Plotting revenge on a certain someone, by any chance?”

I flashed a wicked grin.

“Yeah, it’s gonna be sweet.”

“What are you- oh shit, shhh!” Bob suddenly interrupted himself, widening his eyes at me and shaking his head vigorously.

I frowned deeply at him.

“What-”

“I wasn’t expecting to see you back here so soon,” an unexpected voice suddenly cut me off.

I span around immediately on the spot and found myself face-to-face with the last person I wanted to see. Literally, the last person in the world. I’d actually rather turn around and find myself in front of Adolf Hitler. Or his corpse, rather.

“Yeah, well… You’ll be seeing a lot of me today. Maybe not any other day,” I shot back coldly, speaking in riddles again.

Frank furrowed his eyebrows at me, trying to work me out. And failing miserably.

“Why? Are you going somewhere?” he questioned cluelessly.

“No, I’m not going anywhere. But you probably will,” I told him bluntly, making him frown harder. “You won’t stick around after I get my revenge.”

He’s a fucking coward. I bet he’ll flee from school in a heartbeat. He wouldn’t have the guts to stick around and face his peers. To face the truth.

I saw the panic flash in his eyes at my words, but he averted his gaze to look around the corridor, before finally focusing back on me. His expression hardened.

“For fuck sake, Gerard, we’re not in third grade anymore!” he hissed, his eyes still darting around the corridor in paranoia, keeping an eye on on-lookers. “All this revenge shit is just fucking immature!”

Clearly, he was shitting a brick. Unfortunately for him, my intentions were more on getting even than getting over it.

I opened my mouth to voice my thoughts, but Bob suddenly cut in and beat me to it.

“You deserve exactly what you’re gonna get. It’s called karma, asshole,” he growled, taking me by surprise slightly.

Frank snapped his head in Bob’s direction, his eyes burning holes in him.

“Was I talking to you?” he spat irritably, eyes darkening.

He has a point... I mean, I know Bob enjoys a good argument, but this doesn’t really concern him. He’s just digging his own grave right now and he’s about to fucking jump headfirst into it.

“Wait… You’re that Bryar kid,” Frank realised suddenly, and he looked angrier than ever with this revelation. “I’ve got a fucking bone to pick with you…”

Before Bob could even get a word in, Frank was flying towards him with his fist raised. I dove in between them, holding them both back, getting crushed in the process as they both tried to attack eachother.

“Leave it, Frank!” I yelled, shoving him hard enough to make him stagger backwards. He was breathing heavily and he looked menacing, but he froze on the spot, listening to me. “No one is fucking scared of you anymore! You’re nothing but a phony, and soon enough, the whole school is going to know it. Say goodbye to your precious reputation.”

I could actually see my words cutting through Frank’s stony exterior like knives, chipping away at him, until I could actually see emotion in his eyes… Until I could see the real Frank Iero, just for a moment.

Seeing him looking so broken and vulnerable almost made me want to apologise, even though I had nothing to apologise for. But Frank didn’t stick around a second longer and wait for an apology; I blinked and he was gone. Running away from emotion and vulnerability.

“Holy fuck. You’re literally going to destroy him,” Bob suddenly whispered, astounded. Then, he turned to me with a contradicting look of joy on his face, grinning in evil delight.

“Yeah…” I nodded, deep in thought and staring vacantly where Frank had just disappeared.

Already I was having doubts, caused by a guilty conscience. The voices in my head were beginning to contradict eachother.

“He deserves what’s coming to him.”

“But you know how emotionally unstable he is… Do you really want to push him over the edge?”

“Yes, I want revenge. I want the school to finally know the real Frank Iero.”


“Um, right, well I better go,” I spoke aloud, trying to drown out the war of voices in my head and shake off the bad feeling in my gut. “Don’t forget… End of first period.”

“It’s a date!” Bob exclaimed gleefully.

***

Despite knowing that Matty was as much to blame as me for the fight yesterday, I knew I had to lie through my teeth and take full blame. I didn’t want Principal Harrison dragging Frank or Matty into this. That wasn’t part of the plan.

“So, you’re telling me, you accept full responsibility for what happened?” Harrison concluded from my selfless outpour.

“Yes. See, I’m having a hard time at home, and he made a comment that upset me, and I just - I lashed out,” I explained, mostly telling the truth. Just missing out the part where he told the whole class confidential information about my life that only three other people know. “I shouldn’t have. I’m sorry, I won’t do it again.”

(Unless he provokes me again, that is…)

“I’m still in shock, Gerard. I never expected this from you! You’re one of our star pupils!” Harrison exclaimed, eyes wide in disbelief.

People change. Get over it.

“I know, I’m so sorry I disappointed you. If you give me a second chance, I will definitely change my attitude,” I lied through my teeth, making no such promise to myself to forget my pride and change my defiant attitude in the long-run. “I’ll be that star pupil you know and love once again!”

Luckily for me, he couldn’t tell just from looking at me now that the ‘star pupil’ quality in me was long gone.

“Well, I do have faith in you… I know you’re capable of achieving high grades and making us proud,” he smiled, making me feel guilty for just a second, before I shook myself out of it. Old habits die hard and all that.

“So… That’s a yes?” I assumed hopefully, knowing I had him wrapped round my little finger again.

“Yes.”

Fuck yeah! Too bad I’ll probably get expelled again later today for what I’m about to do…

“Thank you, Sir,” I smiled appreciatively, glancing at the clock on the wall and starting to panic slightly. Bob was supposed to be here by now. If he arrived after Harrison had already kicked me out of his office, the plan would go to shit.

“Say, uh, Sir… would I be able to give a presentation in an all-school assembly this afternoon?” I asked, putting phase two of the plan into action and stalling him at the same time.

“Depends what it’s on,” he raised his eyebrows at me.

Frank Iero’s life.

“Oh, well, I was thinking I would talk about the importance of education and how to ensure you get the grades you’re capable of,” I made up some bullshit yet believable subject, evidently sparking Harrison’s interest. “I have a few tips for my fellow students. I want them to know everything they deserve to.”

Harrison nodded slowly, absorbing my suggestion, before declaring: “Sounds good to me.”

Such a sucker.

I grinned in relief and opened my mouth to thank him again, when suddenly, finally, Bob burst into the room, all out of breath, like he had just been racing a cheetah.

“Sir! Come quick!” he cried, eyes wide and tone desperate.

Fighting the urge to jump to my feet and ask if the school was on fire, I stared at him in awe of his acting talents. Clearly when you give Bob a role to play, he goes fucking Robert Downey Junior on your ass.

“Wha - Bob, can’t you see I’m in a meeting?” Harrison frowned, failing to be panicked by Bob’s (fake) panic.

“It’s the Chess team, sir… They’ve gone wild!” he exclaimed, making a point to avoid my eyes and ruin his starring moment.

WHAT. The chess team. I tell him to come up with something imaginative and he comes out with the motherfucking chess team? What wild thing have they done? Switched the King and Queen’s positions on the board?

I bet Ray put him up to this. There was a reason I didn’t go to Ray for help with this, damn it!

“The chess team? What in God’s name…” Harrison trailed off with a sigh. “What is happening to this school? Next you’re going to tell me the football jocks are doing their homework and passing exams.”

Hey now, let’s not get carried away. There’s no way Matty or Frank would ever do their homework.

I looked at Bob with my best ‘what the fuck’ expression and made a hand gesture to tell him to keep going.

“Uh, yeah, sir, you gotta put an end to this madness… They’re attacking people with Bishops and Pawns!”

A mental image of Ray pelting innocent victims with random Chess pieces entered my head, and I snorted loudly and had to disguise it as a coughing fit. HOW is Bob keeping a straight face through this?!

To my complete surprise, Harrison jumped straight to his feet, looking outraged.

He looked at me and said “I’ll be right back,” and without further ado, practically ran out of his office with Bob.

Clearly there will be fucking around where chess-related attacks are concerned.

I just stared after the two of them in disbelief for a moment, wondering what the hell had just happened. And then I remembered I had a plan to be cracking on with.

I leapt up from my chair and practically launched myself over Harrison’s desk to get to the filing cabinets behind where he was sitting just seconds before.

“Please don’t be locked,” I begged the cabinet desperately, and to my pleasant surprise, it wasn’t. I flung the doors open hurriedly, and found myself faced with hundreds of videos tapes from the school’s CCTV cameras.

“Jesus Christ,” I groaned, realising I may not have thought this all the way through.

My hands grabbed at random videos and I searched wildly through the labels, before realising they were in classroom number order. Brilliant! Now, if only I could remember what fucking classroom Frank and I were in when he confessed his love for me…

I squeezed my eyes closed for a moment and just concentrated, straining my memory.

‘Come on, Gerard, THINK. It was only yesterday! What goddamn classroom did you pull Frank into?’

‘It wasn’t one I’ve ever had lessons in… But it was in the same corridor as my Math class… So, it must be M something…’

‘THINK HARDER.’

‘Um, ah fuck… OH. The boys’ toilet was directly opposite, and that’s about halfway through the corridor… So, the room number must approximately be 13.’

‘Fucking hell, give up on this now. Just give up.’


Ignoring my own sceptical brain, I grabbed yesterday’s M13 video tape, slammed the cabinet shut, jumped back over Harrison's desk and landed in my seat, and shoved it in my school bag, JUST as Harrison walked back in the room, shaking his head and muttering something about “moronic students everywhere”.

Providing I got the right tape, phase three of the plan is complete. Oh, and I should be a fucking undercover agent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first things first: I'M SORRY! I thought I was over this story.. Turns out I'm not. I lost my way with it and my inspiration, but all of your comments gave me motivation to find it again. This story is damn popular.. God, I don't deserve all you wonderful readers!

THANK YOU ALL for commenting:
cutelilblondey00
Just.a.Kid
X_Los3rfac3_X
angy_kaulitz
OhCatherineMyCaptain
cyanidexromance
WeAreAllDeadNow
reject_revenge
tyckerommcr
Dumb_dumb
XxDemented_SoulxX
Psychephobia
Sweet Pandemonium.
Chaotic Lover
LiL_McR_FaN
XxVesperusxX
Fire Spider
sala_samobojcow
SingingSinner
XxToRii_LUVxX
Jael'sChemicalLove
hufflepuff4life
merci.pour.le.venin.
TheBall00ns
LeATHERMOUTH_13
MLadySailing
Spit
xDisasterKidx
Laceration Gravityy
x's and o's
FrerardIsReal
vaticann
FadeToBlack.
murderscene
mcrjunkie
lesbianwooman
<3