Sequel: Follow Me Home

Lead the Way

Intruder

I glanced at the clock it was only noon. There was no way the boys were here already so who could that be. She panicked a little bit grabbing the cell phone from the dresser and held onto it and then got the bat that Jimmy hid under the bed out and grabbed a hold of it in the other hand as I moved out of the room looking for some one to sneak up on me.

I made my way down the stairs and pushed my way into the kitchen not seeing anything broken their I raced down stairs to make sure nothing was broken when I saw that Jimmy’s drums were ok I let out a small breath I didn’t know I’d been holding in. I walked back upstairs the Bat still in hand and opened the back door to see if what had caused the crash was out there.

“You are causing that entire racket?” I laughed as I bent down to great a small kitten that had some how gotten in the house and was now standing at my feet by the back door. It mewed at me and stretched its paws out. It was a gorgeous kitten, fluffy brown and black fur with little patches of white and it had the cutest little ears and tail. I shook my head kissing the top of the kittens head.

“I’m sure Jimmy won’t mind if I keep you huh?” I said softly as I picked up the mewing kitten and held it against my chest. I found an old cage jimmy had from when he’d had a puppy and found a little dish tub which I then filled with corn cornels as a substitute for cat littler and I put the kitten into the little cage. I looked at the time now it was twelve thirty and I needed to get lunch ready for the boys. I moved the cage to the corner of the kitchen so the kitten wouldn’t be trampled when five hungry boys came running into the kitchen in only a half hour.

I pulled out 5 of Jimmy’s frozen Pizza’s they were his favorite thing to eat after all. I preheated the oven and waited until the little light went off and I could put the pizzas in. I slid them into the oven turned on the timer and sat down at the table looking around really just observing the place. The kitten mewed wanting something to eat I bit down on my lip trying to think of what I could feed it. I knew Jimmy had some old dog food around…maybe the cat wouldn’t mind eating that. I went into his cupboard and dug out the old dog food and put some in a small bowl and gave it to the kitten.

I watched the kitten for a minute to make sure it would eat the food before putting the dog food back and getting a small dish of water for the kitten and put that in the cage as well before smiling softly. I walked through the house and made sure it was straightened putting the bat back where it belonged and made my way down stairs just in time for the pizza to ding. The boys fell through the door at the same time that the pizza dinged so I wasn’t sure where to run to first. I figured they’d forgive me if I didn’t help them off the ground faster then they’d forgive me if I burnt their pizza.

“Food! I need Food!” I herd the deep raspy voice call from some where in the pile causing me to laugh as I raced past them and pulled the pizza’s from the oven setting them on the counter and getting plates out for everyone and sticking a pizza for me in the oven now.

“Come get it! The pizza’s on the counter!” I called from the kitchen bracing my self for the stampede. All at once they ran towards the kitchen trying to get through the door at the same time the girls all filed in behind them two I had seen before and three, I hadn’t. Unfortunately one of the two I’d seen before was my sister.

“Oh my god you’re amazing!” One of the boys said in the frenzy of getting food. I set out enough beers and cokes for them as well incase the girls didn’t want beer.

“It wasn’t a problem. All I did was stick them in the oven that’s all.” I mumbled laughing softly looking at the girls. My sister looked furious and the others looked slightly amused. I looked down at my clothes. “Damnit!” I cursed. I was still in Jimmy’s boxers and His oversized t-shirt.

“What is she doing in your clothes!” Leana shrieked and all five boys plus Val and I all groaned in unison. I had to hide a small giggle when we all groaned at the same time.