Sequel: Follow Me Home

Lead the Way

Sick Little Man

A few months had passed now and since they had hit it big almost right away the record company had bought them a tour bus which was a step up from the small van we’d been driving around. We have Val on tour with us and Michelle too but Gena and Lacey had to stay home and work. They would get flown out sometimes depending on where we were and how much money we had. Val and I had been working our asses off to make sure that the boys got to where they needed to be and had time to rest and eat and take care of them self’s.

Today was one of those days I was going to have to play mother hen. I rolled over in my bunk with that gut feeling just in time to hear one of the five men running to the bathroom to throw up. I sighed and climbed out of my bunk in my shorts and tank top walking to the bathroom to see which one it was over the toilet.

My heart sank a little when I noticed it was Jimmy Shirtless and only in his pj pants leaned over throwing up. I sighed softly trying to figure out what could be wrong with him, he was one of the few that hadn’t had anything to drink last night. I rubbed his back to let him know I was up and went and got him a glass of water. I had to admit over these past few months I was falling harder and harder for my best friend. I was denying it as much as I could but I wasn’t sure how much longer I could deny it. I wasn’t even sure he felt the same way I did.

“Hey bub” I said softly as I walked back in the bathroom and he was leaning against the wall now. I sighed gently as I sat down next to him handing him the glass of water and flushing the toilet. I stood up again getting a wet wash clothe and sitting back down next to him.

“Hey” he croaked out looking at me. His black shaggy hair was stuck to his forehead and in every direction and he looked like he’d been sweating. I bit down on my lip He shouldn’t play tonight but I doubt me telling him that was going to stop him.

“Drink that you haven’t had much to eat lately.” I told him softly as I nudged the cup in his hand. He nodded and took small sips from the water before setting it down on his other side. He curled up into a little ball and set his head on my lap pressing his face against my thighs.

“I feel like shit” he mumbled into my legs as I ran my fingers through his hair and set the cool wet clothe on the side of his face.

“I can tell.” I sighed as I picked up the wash clothe and ran it down his arm just trying to sooth him only looking up and stopping what I was doing when Some one knocked on the door frame.

“Need some help getting him to the back?” It was matt he didn’t look all that great either he had kind of a pale look on his face but it could just be the make up from last night.

“Yeah But be careful with him” I instructed and he laughed at me shaking his head and picking jimmy up carrying him to the back of the bus where he could have more space to lay down. I grabbed a bucket. Ice water and a cold wash clothe and followed Matt Back to the back of the bus where he’d laid Jimmy out on one of the benches.

“I’ll be upfront if you need me” Matt said gently and walked out of the back and left me and jimmy there. I got up onto the bench and moved Jimmy’s head so it was back in my lap and started to run the wet clothe over his face every now and then I’d set the clothe down against his forehead and just play with his hair.

“What did you eat last night Jim? I know you didn’t drink like everyone else.” I said softly threading my fingers through his greasy hair and making a face. I needed to get this man a good shower and I knew we’d be in town at least over night. I could find him a shower in that amount of time. I’m sure they had a shower backstage…maybe.

“I don’t know” he grumbled his stomach heaving as he spoke. I sighed lightly running my hand down his back just trying to calm his stomach down so he wasn’t puking all over everyone.

“You’re not going to let me talk you into canceling the show tonight are you?” I asked softly closing my eyes as I stroked the soft skin on his back.

“No. I can’t let them down like that. I have fans that need me.” I sighed I knew that would be his answer. He was a very dedicated drummer and he loved the fan he had and I knew he’d never want to let them down.

“I had a feeling you’d say that.” I laughed lightly careful not to jog my body to much and make him puke again. “Well I can’t make you stay back and I’m not going to but just get some sleep ok?” I said softly leaning awkwardly to kiss the side of his head.

“Mk but don’t move from under me” He mumbled and I made a face that he couldn’t see before chuckling lightly.

“Ok I promise not to move just get some sleep Kay?” he nodded his head slightly and shut his eyes. I continued to play with his hair trying to keep his stomach at an even level so he could sleep.