Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Nine.

Adali hopped out of the shower the next afternoon. It was an odd day at her apartment. Mia hadn’t come home last night and she sent Adali a text saying she wouldn’t be home until later tonight. She assumed Mia was with Sidney so she had the whole apartment to herself. She had cranked the music in her bathroom since Mia wasn’t there to complain.

“Oh god I did the wrong thing to the right girl
My mind was only in it for a minute
Had a bad fling with a good girl
I was stupid and dumb not giving a
The blank stare out the window
If I could just sober up I could just admit
I did the wrong thing to the right girl”


Adali hummed to the music playing as she styled her hair and put on her bra and panties. She left her hair wavy and voluptuous and for her makeup she smoked her eyes out and had a nude lip. She finished off her outfit and noticed she had to be at the Arena soon so she quickly made up her purse and grabbed the ticket and the locker room pass before walking out to her car and driving off.

15 minutes later she was seated and was playing with her iPhone waiting for the team to come out. A text popped up on the screen that was from Mia.

Are you at the Penguins game?

Adali texted back that she was and why Mia asked.

Sidney said that Geno said something about you coming tonight. Are you and him hitting it off?? ;)

Adali rolled her eyes but couldn’t help the small smile that slid on her face. Poor Mia she didn’t know what was actually going on. Since Adali didn’t feel like explaining the whole thing between her and Geno to Mia- and she’d probably end up in tears anyway- she just said they had a history together and were just going out to dinner to catch up. She hurriedly said she had to go, not waiting for a response from Mia since the team skated out onto the ice.

The game went by quickly with the pens winning against the flyers 4 to 3. She smiled and clapped like the rest of the fans before sitting back down and waiting for the crowed to disperse and to let Geno have some time for interviews and to get changed.

About 20 minutes later Adali was sitting down in the lounge area near the locker room, waiting for Geno to come out. A couple minutes of sending parents emails from her phone since she figured she would be productive; Sidney came out of the locker room. He smiled at her when he saw her and started walking toward Adali.

“Hey Adali, what’s up?” Sidney asked politely. Adali stood and gave him a short hug before telling him she was good, joking that she hadn’t seen Mia in a while, earning a blush from him.

They said their goodbyes and he told her that he and Mia would have to invite her clubbing sometime causing an eye roll from Adali before pushing him out the door, knowing that he’d go and see Mia.

When she turned back around she saw the familiar Russian walking toward her, a bright smile lighting up his face.

“Ready?” He asked motioning toward the parking lot.

“I drove my car here, do you want me to follow you?” Evgeni looked perplexed for a moment before smiling once again and motioning for her keys.

“I get Sergei to drive my car home. You drop me off after?” Adali nodded before walking back to the locker room where Geno knocked before opening when the rest of the boys yelled they were decent. Together they walked inside and Adali smiled at the boys she had met at the party a few weeks back. She heard Geno ask Sergei something quietly in Russian before Sergei nodded and Geno patted him on the shoulder before turning to me and smiling once again. Geno said goodbye to the men around them and Adali waved slightly before they headed out to her car.

Evgeni insisted on driving since he’d made reservations at a low key restraunt and Adali easily complied. The car ride was mostly silent except for the music in the background. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence but just silence since they wanted to wait to have their discussion later. They arrived at the restraunt a few moments later and headed in quickly since the wind was unreasonably cold tonight.

“Hello, how may I help you?” A young waiter asked. He only looked about 16 and he was starting to grow a mustache that looked way out of place for his face. He was attempting to check Adali out but Geno quickly put a stop to that. Luckily Adali was too focused on the decoration around the restraunt.

“Malkin.” Geno said shortly and the waiter looked at the list, nodding and leading them back to a secluded table near the heater. Adali quickly thanked the boy before slipping her coat off and sitting down in the chair Geno had pulled out for her, she smiled at him and blushed slightly before she hung her coat on the coat rack next to the table. Geno followed and they silently looked over the menu.

“Hi my name is Alli and I’ll be serving you this evening. Can I start you off with some drinks?” Geno motioned for Adali to go first and she ordered just simple water while Geno ordered a diet Pepsi.

“Мне очень жаль.”( I’m sorry.) Evgeni’s voice cut through the silence causing Adali to look up in surprise. She took a deep breath and sat her menu down in front of her.

“Вы хотите, чтобы я в первую очередь? Или Вы хотели бы объяснить?”( Do you want me to go first? Or would you like to explain?) Adali asked Geno but before he could answer Adali cut him off. “На самом деле, я решил, что я буду первой.”(Actually, I’ve decided I’m going first.)

“Знаете ли вы, что вы положили меня через, когда вы только что вышли, как, что, когда
мы были 18. Я так люблю с вами, и вы вдруг просто взять и оставить на весь другой стране. Не по телефону, каких-либо объяснений, без ничего. Я должен был узнать вас осталось от твоей матери, ты знаешь, как унизительно, что было. Я должен был узнать, что мой парень, которого я любил и все в меня, оставили меня поиграть в хоккей в Америке!”(Do you know what you put me through when you just left like that when we were 18. I was so I love with you and you suddenly just up and leave to a whole other country. No phone call, no explanation, no nothing. I had to find out you left from your mother, do you know how degrading and humiliating that was. I had to find out that my boyfriend, the one I loved with everything in me, had left me to go play hockey in America!) Adali could see Evgeni open his mouth to protest but she wouldn’t stand for that.

“Евгений, я был готов следовать за вами туда, где хоккей взял тебя. Я готов был поднять и переместить для вас. Я был готов поддержать вас в трудные времена, давно практики, используя все! Черт, я хотел! Это даст мне шанс испытать мир, и я бы вы, человек, которого я любила, со мной. Испытывают все со мной.”(Evgeni, I was willing to follow you to wherever hockey took you. I was ready tp pick up and move for you. I was ready to support you through the hard times, the long practices, through everything! Hell, I wanted to! It would give me a chance to experience the world and I’d have you, the person I loved, with me. Experiencing everything with me.) Adali sat back in her seat and sighed. Obviously Evgeni had to process everything. Luckily the waitress came back and Adali ordered the chicken parmesan while Evgeni opted for a New York strip-steak.

“Я думал, что защищает вас. Я думал, избавляя вас от жестокого мира, хоккей. Я знал, что я сделал ошибку второго Я ступил на том, что самолет вез меня от тебя. Я хотел, чтобы вы жить нормальной жизнью, пойти в хорошую школу, получить парень со стабильной работы, которая всегда будет для вас, а не в какой-то хоккей практике или игру. Я хотел, чтобы встретить человека, который отдаст все за вас. Я хотелось, чтобы он всегда помню ваши юбилеи, дни рождения, и все под солнцем. Мне казалось, что я не заслужил ты, и я не хочу, чтобы вы пройти через все жесткие вещи, я был испуган мы бы не сделать это . И да, я признаю, что я хотела пойти и сделать что-то из себя в хоккее. А может быть, иногда это было бы слишком трудно удержаться от соблазна по дороге. Я был молод, но если бы мне пришлось повторить это сейчас то я бы, вероятно, все изменить. Я сожалею, что делает для вас каждый день в моей жизни. Я не хочу детей, глядя на труса, поэтому мне пришлось столкнуться это лицо вам и объяснить, почему я сделал то, что я сделал.”( I thought I was protecting you. I thought I was saving you from the cruel world of hockey. I knew that I’d made a mistake the second I stepped onto that plane that was taking me away from you. I wanted you to live a normal life, go to a good school, get a boyfriend with a stable job that would always be there for you instead of at some hockey practice or game. I wanted you to meet a man that would give up everything for you. I wanted him to always remember your anniversaries, birthdays and everything under the sun. I felt as if I didn’t deserve you and I didn’t want you to go through all of the hard things, I was scared we wouldn’t make it. And yes, I’ll admit that I wanted to go out and make something out of myself in hockey. And maybe at times it would be too hard to resist temptation on the road. I was young but if I had to redo it now then I’d probably change everything. I regret doing that to you every single day of my life. I don’t want children looking up to a coward which is why I had to face this, face you and explain why I did what I did.) Adali couldn’t be more shocked if you had zapped her with an electric shock machine. She knew Evgeni wasn’t lying by the way he was looking at her, with complete and genuine honesty. Through his whole explanation Adali had tears come to her eyes, and she tried as hard as she could to blink them away. But as she reviewed the whole thing a few escaped. Geno noticed and got up quickly, coming to a stop in front of Adali.

“Не плачь. Я не хотел, чтобы вы печальны. Я просто хотел объясниться с вами.” ( Don’t cry. I didn’t mean to make you sad. I just wanted to explain things to you.) Adali wiped the tears away quickly and smiled at the man in front of her.

“Я только и ждал, чтобы слышать то время как сейчас, они только что с облегчением. Не беспокойтесь слишком много.”( I’ve just been waiting to hear this for a while now, they’re just out of relief. Don’t worry too much.) Evgeni smiled at her and rubbed her knee in a comforting way before going to sit back down.

“Гено Я хочу, чтобы мы были полностью честными и открытыми друг с другом. Я не хочу, чтобы вокруг фигня, как мы делали раньше. Я хочу знать все, что вы хотите мне сказать. Я хочу знать, где все это дело идет. Мне нужно, чтобы быть честными и открытыми, и если вы, я сделаю то же самое.”( Geno I want us to be completely honest and open with each other. I don’t want to bullshit around like we did before. I want to know everything that you want to tell me. I want to know where this whole thing is going. I need you to be honest and open and if you are, I’ll do the same.) Adali’s face had grown serious and she looked slightly anxious.

Evgeni had slightly tensed up at the words Adali was telling him. He wasn’t sure how’d she would take some things and how’d she take him still loving her. He knew that it was a large gap that they were separated but he knew that she was still the same girl that he knew 4 years ago.

Yes, she’d changed but he’d love those things about her too. Maybe it wasn’t love right now, but it was pretty close to it. He took a deep breath and connected his eyes to those beautiful gray ones.

“Ладно.”(Okay.)
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...Here is it :)
Explanations everywhere! So just an FYI the next few chapters are going to be pretty...let's go with intense.
Comments make me want to update faster!
<3

P.S. Click for Adali's outfit!