Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Zwölf.

A few hours later Adali was slipping her shoes off as she entered her apartment. She heard some bustling in the kitchen so she went and set her stuff down in her bedroom before going and grabbing water. Mia turned around and smiled at Adali when she walked by.

“I made you some breakfast.” Mia said sheepishly.

“I already ate, but thanks.” Adali said before walking out into the living room.

“I’m sorry Adali, I just…Well we.. I-“ Adali cut Mia off.

“I’m not mad Mia I’m just annoyed. Next time just have some consideration and go to Sidney’s place since he doesn’t have any roommates.” Adali told her before flipping on the TV. She could hear Mia sigh in relief before she walked over and plopped down on the couch next to her.

"So…Tell me what happened.” Mia told Adali happily. Adali rolled her eyes and shrugged, her eyes still on the TV.

“Nothing really. He talked and I talked and we decided we were going to try and be friends.” Adali told her, which was true. She and Geno talked over breakfast and Adali told him that yes, she wanted him back in her life but she couldn’t just jump back in to a relationship. So they decided they would be friends and see where it went from there.

“Friends?!” Mia screeched causing Adali to jump and look over at her oddly.

“No, you guys were supposed to get together so we could go on the cliché double dates with each other!” Mia told her, pouting slightly when she was finished. She giggled loudly and rolled her eyes at her crazy friend.

*

For the next week Adali was busily working. . It was parent meeting week and they also had two field trips for the primary grades which kept Adali unusually busy. She barely saw Mia since it was finals week and she only talked to Geno through text. Both Mia and Adali were too stressed to chit chat when they came home at night so they usually just stayed inside their rooms.

It was Thursday night when Adali rushed through her apartment door and into the nearest bathroom. She suddenly puked up all of her meals she had eaten today. She sighed and leaned against the bath tub, her face a pasty white with a sheen of sweat covering her whole body.

She felt the sensation again and leaned over the toilet emptying the rest of her stomach. Her throat was burning but she didn’t have the energy to get up off the bathroom floor. Her vision started to become blurry and the next thing she knew she was blacking out and slouching onto the cold tile of the bathroom floor.

On the other hand, Mia was just finishing her last final for the week and she was finally free. She was heading home to grab an overnight bag since Sidney had insisted she come over after practice and “celebrate” her finals ending. She had giggled when he told her his idea but didn’t protest in any way.

Mia went to grab her keys to open her apartment door when she saw it was still cracked open slightly with Adali’s keys in the lock. Immediately Mia got nervous. She pushed the door open to see Adali’s purse on the ground with various things outside of it as if someone had thrown it. Mia closed the door behind her before checking the living room and kitchen in search of Adali. She saw a faint light of the hall bathroom on and Mia went to investigate what was going on. She saw the bathroom door was still open and she hurried over to it. She gasped when she saw Mia slouched on the floor, her face pale and the toilet full of vomit.

Mia got down on the ground, checking Adali’s pulse which was faint but still there and her breathing was slightly ragged. Tears immediately sprung to Mia’s eyes before she shakily went to go get her phone. She called an ambulance to come and get Adali since she didn’t know what else to do.

The paramedics arrived a few minutes later and placed Adali on the stretcher. Mia grabbed her purse before following them outside and getting inside the ambulance.

“Do you know what’s wrong with her? I just came home to find her like this.” Mia asked the closest paramedic to her. The young woman turned to her and smiled slightly.

“We’re not for sure but it just seems like she had a severe virus or food poising.” Mia thanked her before turning her attention back to Adali. Mia took a shaky breath as she saw how pale Adali was. Usually Adali always had tan skin with a slight glow but now all that was gone and she looked sickly.

They arrived at the hospital minutes later and rolled Adali inside. Mia followed obediently and stood back against the wall as they placed her onto a hospital bed. Mia could tell that since they weren’t rushing around and yelling that she wasn’t too bad off. The men left the room while the women changed Adali into an unflattering hospital gown before connecting an IV to her and smiling at Mia and then leaving the room.

Mia went to go pull up a chair to Adali’s bed when she heard groaning. Mia whipped around to see Adali slowly opening her eyes. Mia rushed over.

“Adali, sweeties are you okay? You’re in the hospital.” Mia told Adali since Adali was looking around confused. Adali finally had a realization before looking down at her arm and sighing.

“H-Hospital?” Adali asked her and Mia could barely make it out since her accent was so strong from just waking up. Mia nodded and explained how she came out and Adali was passed out on the ground. They heard a knock and both turned toward the door.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Daphine. Ah, Ms. Brandt I see you are awake. How are you feeling?” The doctor asked as he walked over to Adali while checking her chart. Adali cleared her throat before answering.

“Not much better than before. What exactly is wrong with me?” She asked, her accent still poking through more than normal.

“Well it’s nothing too life threatening you just seem to have a severe case of food poisoning. Have you eaten anything odd lately?” Adali thought about what she had been eating lately. She just ate some normal, not out of the ordinary items, except when…Shit.

“Oh, I ate at this odd Chinese place. I was really hungry and that’s all I could find. I think it was called like Tu Yong or something.” Adali replied to the doctor and as soon as she was done Mia gasped.

“Oh my gosh, Kathy ate there and she got really sick too. It must be there food.” Mia told them and the doctor shook his head disapprovingly and sighed before telling Adali to just stay in bed for a few days and some other details and he prescribed some antibiotics for her before telling her she could leave in about an hour.

“I’m going to call Sidney because I was supposed to stay with him tonight.” Mia told her before turning and walking to leave.

“Mia, I’m fine for tonight. He said I’ll probably just sleep most of the time anyway. Invite Sidney over if you won’t go over his place. Okay?” Adali asked and Mia rolled her eyes before nodding and continuing out into the hallway. She dialed that familiar number and planned on leaving a message since she knew he wouldn’t pick up since he was in the middle of practice.

“Hello?” Mia heard Sidney’s voice call into the phone. She smiled a little shocked that he actually picked up.

“Hey, I thought you were in practice?” Mia asked him.

“We just got a little break. You have some good timing. What’s up baby?” He asked her and Mia smiled at the pet name.

“I’m at the hospital and-“

“You’re where?” Sidney cut her off sounding concerned and worried.

“Babe, you didn’t let me finish. I’m at the hospital with Adali, the one that’s actually in the hospital.” She could hear Sidney sigh in relief.

“Wait, Adali’s in the hospital?” Mia was about to reply when she heard a loud voice in the background.

“What?” She could hear the Russian accent through the phone and assumed it was Geno.

“Baby, I’m going to put you on speaker okay?” Mia agreed and could hear him press a button before getting bombarded with questions about Adali and herself. It seemed that the Russian part of the team had taken quite a liking to Ms. Adali herself.

“Okay, okay. One question at a time. Yes, Adali is in the hospital, yes she is okay, she’s going to be out of here in an hour. She had a severe case of food poisoning but he said the worst of it is over so she’ll just be tired from her body healing itself.” She explained to them and most of them quieted down.

“So anyway I was calling to ask if you wanted to come over my place instead of me coming over yours.” Mia asked Sidney. She heard some mumbling before she got an answer.

“Sure. As long as I get to see you.-“ She heard a few boys yelling whipped and she giggled when Sidney cussed at them. “-But Geno wants to know if he can come too.”

“Of course he can. So I’ll see you guys at half past 7?” Mia asked, looking at the clock across the hall that read quarter to 6.

“See you then. Bye babe.” Sidney told her before hanging up after Mia told him bye also. Mia walked back into the room to see Adali flipping through the crappy TV channels on the hospital TV.

An hour later Adali and Mia were waving down a taxi while trying to stay warm. Luckily one pulled up and they arrived at their apartment 10 minutes later. Adali sighed when she saw her purse on the floor. Mia went into the kitchen and turned up the heat before lighting a couple candles and placing them around the house in case the smell made its way around.

“I’m going to go take a shower.” Adali called to Mia who told her to not be too long since she’d get worried. Adali rolled her eyes but was grateful for her friend being there for her. She reminded herself to thank Mia when she got out and didn’t smell like…well hospital.

Almost 15 minutes later Adali came back out into the living room dressed in black leggings and a sweatshirt. She had slipped on her favorite pair of slippers and let her hair dry naturally.

Her glasses were perched on her nose and her face was bare from makeup. Adali went over and hugged Mia tightly, thanking her for taking her to the hospital and being there for her. They both had tears in their eyes when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Mia said while sniffling slightly causing Adali to follow before they both chuckled at themselves. The doorbell rang again and Mia rolled her eyes before running and getting the door. Adali walked into the living room and snuggled herself into the couch. She heard the door close and she assumed Mia led Sidney into the kitchen so she was shocked when Evgeni stood in front of her.

“Evgeni, hey what are you doing here?” Adali asked with a smile on her face. Geno returned the smile before pulling her into a hug asking if she was okay. Adali was about to ask how he knew but he cut her off by telling her Mia and Adali knew that she had told him.

Adali and Geno were sitting next to each other on the couch and chatting when Sidney and Mia came in. They looked slightly flustered and Adali rolled her eyes and gave Geno a look which he laughed at. Mia blushed while Sidney rolled his eyes before asking Adali if she was okay.

“I’m fine, really. I smell food though.” Adali said trying to hold back the grimace that wanted to grace her face. Sidney nodded saying he brought Thai food. Adali attempted to smile but they all saw through her.

“Food doesn’t seem so appealing still does it?” Mia asked Adali. Adali shook her head no and bit her lip to keep from smelling the thick scent of food.

“I’ll just go back into my room while you guys eat and then just come and get me when you’re done, okay?” Adali asked them, covering her mouth when she was done to keep herself from gagging. Mia and Sidney nodded but Geno stood up and lead Adali back to her room. She was going to protest but if she uncovered her mouth and the smell was still there she knew she’d loose it.

Once they got back to her room and the door was closed Adali uncovered her mouth and took a deep breath. Geno rubbed her back comfortingly and Adali looked up and him.

“Go eat.” She demanded, he chuckled at her demand before shaking his head no.

“Already eat.” Evgeni told Adali but Adali didn’t believe one bit of it.

“Evgeni Malkin. Please.” Adali begged him and Geno sighed before looking back down at the woman standing in front of him.

“I be back.” He told her before going to get something to eat. She smiled and went pee before turning on the TV to wait until the gang was finished eating. She was working on her laptop when Geno came inside her room and smiled happily at her, motioning toward the living room. She nodded and shut her laptop and walked back out into the living room. She was happy to smell that there was no food odor, only the smell of the new Yankee candle the girls had bought a few months ago.

All 4 of the young adults sat on the couches in the girls’ living room. Adali was laid out on the couch with her thighs in Geno’s lap who was comfortably sitting under Adali. Sidney and Mia took the loveseat with Mia laying her head on Sidney’s chest with his arms wrapped around her.

Together they all watched a new episode of Deadliest Catch, but in reality Geno and Adali were quietly talking in Russian. Geno was telling her about practice and how they played a huge prank on the coach. Adali giggled at that and Geno was telling her how worried he was when he heard she was in the hospital. She told him how she was feeling funny all day and suddenly she shot up in her seat. Evgeni shot forward also, worry creasing his forward.

“I need to call in sick to work and write a list for the substitute.” Adali told him sadly, she groaned and fell back against the couch. Geno moved the hair off her forehead and rubbed her leg. Adali got off the couch before coming back a moment later, laptop and phone in hand.

She laid back in her original spot and Geno automatically grabbed onto her legs while watching TV. Adali was about to write a lesson plan when she stopped and looked over at Sidney and Mia who were watching the TV kissing every so often.

“Geno, do you guys have practice Monday?” Adali asked Geno quietly. He turned to her and thought about it for a minute, he held up a finger and lifted his butt up off the couch and got his phone. He checked on his schedule.

“Early morning skate at 4. That it.” He replied quietly and Adali nodded.

“I was thinking about us four hanging out. Is that okay with you?” Adali asked him and Geno gave her a ‘duh’ look and chuckled at her. She smiled at him before writing a lesson plan for tomorrow.

“Hey guys?” Adali called to Mia and Sidney. They both turned to look at her.

“You want to hang with me and Geno Monday? We could do something together.” Adali said, winking at Mia which caused her to roll her eyes.

“Yeah as long as I can take a nap after my early morning skate and sleep a little.” Sidney said which caused Geno to grunt in agreement. The girls nodded and it was decided. Adali wrote another lesson plan for Monday. She got up off the couch again and sat her laptop in her previous spot before taking her phone into the kitchen and calling Mrs. Call. She explained what had happened and Mrs. Call agreed immediately. Adali profusely thanked her and went back into the living room. She sent her boss an email along with the school secretary, Charlee. She also sent the lesson plans to Mrs. Call and closed her laptop and set it on the table sighing happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the length ):
I'm losing a lot of motivation for this story..
Comments would be nice (:
<3
P.S.
Adali's outfit.
Anyone else obsessed with Deadliest Catch like myself?
(: