Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Fünfzehn.

Adali’s head was filled with millions upon millions of thoughts as she drove back to her apartment. She had a dreaded feeling in her stomach to face Mia. She didn’t feel like talking or explaining her feelings to her tonight, or any other time soon for that matter. Yes, Mia is a good friend but all good friends have flaws and Mia is quite a nosy person and often needs to find out things that don’t pertain to her or any of her business.

Adali just couldn’t help but feel confused and hurt by what had happened. Adali didn’t know what that whole story was, that was true, but it made her come to a realization that what Mia had said earlier that day while they were shopping was true. Adali and Evgeni were practically a couple. If you had asked anyone on the street that looked at the both of them then they probably would say that yes, they did look like a couple and that’s what Adali feared. Not of what people thought about them but what they had been oblivious to. Adali went out of her way to do things for Evgeni, and he did the same for her, but she wasn’t sure what both their intentions were.

All these thoughts made Adali even more confused and mostly scared. She was scared she was falling right back into Evgeni’s trap again and Adali wasn’t sure if he would up and leave again like last time. She wasn’t sure if she was ready to be in a relationship with him because even after all these years, seeing him and being around him didn’t take away the sense of not trusting him. She didn’t want to go down that road again.

Adali had thought she was making a new road with Geno and they were heading down it quite nicely but once she got a reality check and stepped out of her little bubble for just a mere few minutes she realized she was going right back down that same road again.
Adali’s taxi pulled up to her apartment and she paid the driver before thanking them quietly and heading inside. She slipped her shoes off along with her coat and noticed a pair of large men’s tennis shoes. She assumed Sidney was staying the night and Adali only hoped that they didn’t start getting it on while she was trying to sleep. She walked back to her room quietly and locked her bedroom door once inside. She stripped her clothes off slowly while walking to the bathroom where she started the shower and took her makeup off along with her contacts. She slipped inside the shower and felt the hot water beat her back. Adali wasn’t surprised when she still felt tense once she walked out and dried off.

Adali didn’t have very much energy so she simply slipped on a rather large shirt before crawling into her cool bed and falling asleep rather quickly. She was so mentally and physically tired that her eyes shut on their own.

*

Adali woke early the next morning for work. She solemnly got ready, having just a simple dress on her body along with her normal coat and heels. Her hair was back into a clip and her face was bare of makeup.

She didn’t bother checking her phone since she assumed no one would be on there so she just simply placed it into her purse before walking out of the warm apartment and heading to work.

Evgeni sent another text to Adali as he impatiently waited at his apartment a few blocks down from the school. He didn’t know what had happened with Adali last night and it had worried him. She had just abruptly got up and left saying she had to go. He had texted her later on that night but he got no answer, he attempted to call her, again no answer. This morning he knew she had work but he remembered Mia saying she was allowed to use her phone during the morning and a lunch break.

It was still pretty early in the morning but he had a morning practice so he was already up and he knew Adali would be too. He just didn’t understand why she was ignoring him. Maybe he was overreacting but when a girl just ups and leaves like that you would want to know what happened too.

Geno sighed before putting his phone back into his pocket before grabbing his hockey gear and walking out to his car. He hopped inside and drove to the arena, not even in the mood to play hockey. He had replayed last night over and over again but nothing seemed to stand out to him.

He was still thinking about what had happened when he walked inside the locker room and started putting his gear on. Apparently most of the guys greeted him but he didn’t hear them since he was focused on his thoughts and what he was doing.

“Geno, man what’s up?” Sidney asked Evgeni with a slap on the back. Evgeni looked up at him with a sigh and a shrug and Sidney sent a look to the rest of the guys watching.

“What happened man?” Petr asked him and Evgeni just shook his head and ran a hand through his hair.

“Я сидел за столом с Адали прошлой ночью, и, как вдруг она просто встал и ушел сказав, что она идти или что-то. Я пытался позвонить ей позже, но она не отвечала, а теперь она не отвечаешь на мой текст или что-нибудь. Я просто беспокоился.”(I was at dinner with Adali last night and like suddenly she just got up and left saying she had to go or something. I tried to call her later but she didn’t answer and now she’s not answering my text or anything. I’m just worried.) He told him and Petr explained what he had said to Sidney.

“Well she came home last night, Mia and I heard her, but she just went into her room. Then she left really early this morning. Mia hasn’t talked to her either.” Sidney told him and Evgeni just sighed.

“I not know what wrong. Or what I did.” He told him and Petr spoke up.

“Explain everything. Maybe you left something out.”

“Ну, мы пошли на ужин, а затем Оксана подошла и говорит, привет, а затем она просто-”(Well we went to the diner and then Oksana came up and said hi and then she just-) Evgeni was cut off by Petr.

“Какого черта человека? Оксана подошла и сказала привет? Что случилось с этим?”(What the hell man? Oksana came up and said hi? What happened with that?) Poor Sidney was looking pretty lost and Petr filled him in and Sidney asked the same questions Petr did.

"Она просто сказал привет, и она отлично провели время в ту ночь, и она хотела сделать это снова когда-нибудь. Она положила ее номер телефона, а затем она уехала.”(She just said hi and she had a great time the other night and she wanted to do it again sometime. She put her number in my phone and then she left.) Petr rolled his eyes and explained to Sidney what I said.

“Well that didn’t help your whole plan to get Adali to warm up to you again. Oxanna practically screamed that you two fucked each other.” Sidney told him and Evgeni groaned loudly, smacking himself right in the face.

“I so stupid.”

“Yes man, sometimes you are.” Petr told him and then all the men went out to play some hockey.

*

It was lunch break at the school and Adali was sitting alone in her classroom, taking bites of her salad every now and then. She was grading papers and making lesson plans for the rest of the week, or well until the week was cut off from their 5 day weekend. Friday was a professional day and then Monday and Tuesday the school was closed for the end of the quarter.

A loud buzzing caught Adali off guard and she jumped slightly and looked around. She still saw no one in her room but the noise was still there. She could practically see how stupid she looked when she realized it was her phone. She searched her purse quickly but the buzzing stopped and she knew she had missed the call. She sighed and kept looking until she finally found it at the very bottom wedged underneath her compact mirror and some peppermint gum.

It said she had 4 missed calls and 5 new text messages. She was slightly shocked but checked who the calls were from. 2 from Mia and 2 from Evgeni. She sighed and checked her texts.

Everything okay? Which was from Evgeni last night.

Adali, you ok? Another from Evgeni this morning.

Stop ignoring my calls bitch! From Mia a few hours ago.

Adali! It’s Sidney, Mia gave me your number. Just thought I’d give you mine since I’m that good (: Adali chuckled at that and texted him back.

Come off your high horse jackass. I’m saving you under that name :)
She placed her phone down on her desk and went back to eating her salad when Charlee, the secretary came in her room with a phone in hand.

“Phone’s for you.” She said while covering the mouth piece.

“Who is it?” Adali asked.

“She said her name is Mia the ignored friend.” Charlee said with a giggle and Adali rolled her eyes and motioned for the phone.

“Hello?”

“Oh my god, like a fucking hour later you finally pick up. What the hell do you not have your cell?”

“I just checked it. Sorry.”

“It’s fine. I just hadn’t talked to you. How was the rest of last night?” Adali cringed and held her head with her hand.

“Fine I guess.”

“What do you mean fine?”

“Like I said, it was fine.”

“Well tell me what happened.”

“Nothing happened. We ate, I came home, slept and now here I am.”

“Well that’s boring, did he at lea-“

“Oh sorry the kids are coming in. Bye.” Adali said rather quickly before hanging up and walking the phone out to Mia.

“Everything ok?” Charlee asked and Adali shrugged.

“Just peachy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is a shitty chapter..I've been writing a lot thoughh so another update laterr today! (:
i love me some comments so....drop a line? :D
<3