Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Eins.

Adali Brandt’s long chocolate brown hair flew away from her face as she walked down the streets of Pittsburgh. It was abnormally cold today which caused her to rethink her outfit consisting of a long trench coat covering her black tights and a belted dress, but as always beauty has its price. She saw the bright red doors that always put a small smile on her face come into view causing her to pick up her pace and rush inside once she got there.

Adali savored the warm air inside, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath before opening them and seeing an amused Charlee, the secretary of the school. Charlee was almost the same age as Adali causing them to click instantly when she started working there almost two months ago. Charlee was definitely a looker with her long blonde hair always kept perfect and her bright grey eyes attracting anyone around her. It was hard not to notice her.

“Morning Adali. Chilly outside?” Charlee mocked causing Adali to blush slightly and laugh at herself. She walked over toward Charlee’s desk and untied her trench coat, hoping some of the warm air would warm up her frozen body.

“I guess I should be used to this but I still haven’t.” Adali replied and waved at Charlee before opening the door into the hallway of the school. Her black pumps clicked on the marble floor beneath her while she looked at the stripped colorful walls that were covered with encouraging posters and lockers for the older ones. She found her bright purple door that entered into her first grade classroom and walked toward it, unlocking it and letting the smell of crayons and fruit snacks enter her nostrils before walking in completely.

Adali always got at the school earlier than needed but she enjoyed the peacefulness of her classroom before her students got here, although she did enjoy the noise more than quiet, it was still nice. She took her coat off completely and hung it up on the coat rack behind her desk in the front of the room, placing her purse on the ground next to it, and taking out her blackberry and putting it on the desk incase her best friend Mia decided to call.

She’d met Mia back in college in London where Adali had earned both her master’s and bachelor’s while Mia only earned her bachelor’s, which was the reason why Mia had moved out here also. Mia had received a scholarship for the University of Pittsburgh while Adali had gotten a call about her dream job in Pittsburgh also. They both had accents; Mia’s more prominent and recognizable than Adali’s since Mia lived in England her whole life. Adali on the other hand was from all over. Her mother was from Germany while her father was from Russia and she could speak both languages fluently, along with English. The girls decided to move out to Pittsburgh together since they both had opportunities waiting for them and they luckily found a spacious apartment close to the University and school.

Adali smiled when she heard the familiar pitter patter of little feet and the bell ring loudly before the door opened and she heard the loud talking of her first grade class.

“NO! It’s called spider-MONEY! Not monkey!” She heard little Andrea tell Bradley causing her to chuckle slightly and get up from her desk to greet them all. They all smiled and waved, yelling about how their weekends went and how they found cools rocks and such causing Adali to laugh loudly, already knowing today was going to be a good day.

*

Adali came home to an empty apartment which meant either Mia was out or she was coming home late. The answer was most likely the first guess. Adali sighed and put down her bag full of papers to grade and her laptop on the couch before continuing into the kitchen. She popped open the fridge and grabbed a water before heading back to her bedroom and slipping into more comfortable clothes.

She walked back out into the living room in just a pair of old college sweatpants and a white tank top with her hair thrown into a messy bun and made herself comfortable on the couch. She flipped the T.V. on to a rerun of Cake Boss and settled in for the rest of the night full of grading papers and watching T.V. a regular occurrence on most week days.

As she sat there though, her mind started to wander. Memories flooded her head, most with that certain boy that broke her heart. She shut her eyes tightly, wishing them away. It was still too fresh and hurt too much. The day that it all happened popped into her head and she shook her head fiercely not wanting to remember it at all. Luckily for her, her mind complied and her thoughts were pushed away. She vowed never again to think of that stupid boy, but even she knew that was a lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short!
I promise the next ones will be longer.
Please tell me if you like this.
Comments would be great :)
<33