Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Zwei.

A few mornings later Adali was on her usual morning jog around the neighborhood when Mia waved her down from their apartment. She crossed the street quickly and popped out her earphones of her Ipod she was listening to and hit pause.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Adali asked Mia, her lightly laced with concern.

“Nothing, I was just wondering…Will you come to dinner with me tonight?” Mia asked, her voice pleading.

“Dinner? Who with? And why do you need me?” Adali asked, confusion covering her features.

“Long story. Come inside I made you some breakfast.” Mia told her before promptly turning around and heading up to their apartment. Adali sighed deciding to give up on her morning jog and followed Mia inside.

The apartment was filled with the fragrance of a home cooked breakfast and Adali’s stomach grumbled from just the smell of it. She walked into the kitchen and got her plate and filled it immediately before going into the dining room and sitting across from Mia.

“Spill.” Adali demanded before digging in. Mia bit her lip slightly before sighing.

“Well, you know that boy Sidney I’ve been hanging out with for the past couple weeks?” Mia asked and Adali nodded, remembering the times that Mia came home and gushed about this boy named Sidney, it reminded her of the times she used to come home and gush to her sisters about that stupid boy.”- Well he wants me to meet some of his friends tonight. I think he’s pretty close to asking me to be his girlfriend but I don’t want to go alone….So I was wondering if you’ll come.” Mia told Adali.

Adali looked pretty doubtful; she really wasn’t a big fan of men and especially not with them in large groups. Plus Mia would probably abandon her for Sidney which would leave her all alone with the guys. Definitely not. She opened her mouth to tell Mia she really couldn’t but Mia cut her off.

“Please Adali? We’re going to your favorite restraunt and everything! There’ll be other girls there too!” Mia begged and Adali couldn’t deny that voice.

“Fine! I’ll go! But you owe me.” She told Mia before cleaning her plate and going to get ready for work.

“I’ll see you after work! We can get ready together!” Mia called back to her once again before she shut her door.

*

Adali opened the apartment door and sighed in relief as she took off her flats and coat.

Today was a long day for her. It seemed as if all the kids were in a bad mood and she still had to make lesson plans for the rest of the week along with setting a field trip up for the 2nd and 1st grade classes. She unwrapped the scarf around her neck and walked toward the kitchen in search of something to eat.

“ADALI! You’re home late!” Mia yelled, stopping Adali in her tracks. Mia came bounding out of her room, her hair in curlers and only one eye done in makeup making her look deranged.

“Shit. I totally forgot. Sorry Mia.” Adali apologized genuinely before continuing her way to the kitchen. Mia’s facial features softened and followed her best friend quietly. She hopped up onto the counter and watched as Adali slowly got her drink and a quick snack together.

“You aren’t going tonight.” Mia stated to Adali causing her to look up at Mia with shock.

“What do you mean?” Adali asked, confusion lacing her voice as she bit into a carrot with ranch on top.

“I can tell you haven’t had the best of days and I know from a first-hand account that going to a dinner where you barely know anyone won’t really help that. Especially since you’re trying to make a good first impression.” Mia explained watching as Adali’s face went from relief to guilt. Adali felt horrible that she didn’t at least try and fake happiness, knowing this night was pretty important for her best friend. She vowed to make it up to her somehow.

“I’m so sorry Mia; I promise I’ll make it up to you big time! Okay?” Adali promised her best friend before hugging her tightly.

“Well, you can start now by helping me figure out what to wear and doing my makeup since we all know I can’t do it to save my life.” Mia told her causing her to look up at her runny makeup that looked to cakey for her skin since Mia was never used to putting it because of her beautiful skin. Adali smiled slightly and led Mia back into Mia’s room- straight into their combined bathroom and started to work on her masterpiece.

20 minutes later Mia came out of the bathroom smiling, her makeup looking perfect and natural. Adali only put on enough to accentuate her natural beauty from her light brown eyes to her perfect skin. Adali chose a simple outfit that wasn’t too formal but still showed some formalness to it and paired the outfit with a pair of black pumps from her own collection.

Mia finished straightening her bouncy brunette bob and smiled at the sight.

“Thank you so much. What time is it?” Mia asked from the bathroom once again.

“I’m not sure. What time is he su-“ Adali asked but was cut off from the doorbell ringing.
Adali rushed off Mia’s bed and made sure she look some-what friendly and hurried to answer the door. She opened it to reveal a young brunette with long-ish hair that slightly curled and bright brown eyes that looked wise compared to his age. He smiled politely at Adali and she noticed how nice his smile was, knowing that was one of Mia’s biggest turn-ons.

Adali ushered Sidney inside and introduced herself before offering him something to drink, which her denied politely.

“I’ll go get Mia.” She said beforerunning walking quickly to get Mia out of the bedroom.

“He’s here! Go get ‘em tiger!” Adali joked as she talked quietly so Sidney wouldn’t hear. Mia smiled before walking out to greet Sidney. From the way his eyes lit up when he saw Mia, she knew this relationship would be a good one.

“Don’t keep her out too late.” Adali fake scolded like teenagers parent, causing them all to laugh before Sidney lead Mia out of the apartment, but not before Adali could sneak a wink in causing her to blush.

“Bye Adali.” They called before the door shut and she was alone once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't really like this...
Hug thanks to tj oshie. for taking my comment virginity :)
Go check out her stories- they're amazing.
Read.Comment.&&Subscribe.
<33