Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Drei.

Saturday morning Adali woke up early and made herself a quick breakfast consisting of a wheat bagel and some bananas and apples. She changed into her workout clothes which were just shorts and a semi-tight tank top with running shoes completing the look. She never bothered doing her hair since it would be sweaty and matted down by the time she got back. She did however put on a light cover of makeup, just making her look more awake before wandering over to Mia’s room.

“Mia? You want to go to the gym with me?” Adali asked but she already knew the answer.

Every Saturday this happened but it was more of a routine more than anything. Adali would wake up early, get ready for the gym, ask Mia who would always reply no and she would be off alone.

Mia’s sleeping body stirred slightly and her brunette head poked up out of between the pillows before she answered with a sleepy no and promptly flopped her head back down and fell back asleep before Adali even left the room.

Adali locked the apartment up after taking her phone and house key and leaving the apartment. Adali jogged her way to the gym, enjoying the light breeze that smelled of rain as it hit her face. 5 minutes later she arrived at the gym, waving at Mikka, the receptionist of the gym before heading over to the equipment.

Adali usually did the elliptical for 10 minutes, weights for 15, and then walked on the treadmill for at least 30 before rounding it all up with a jog home. She was in the middle of walking when someone poked her back. She turned slightly to see a smiling Sidney standing next to her machine. She took out her headphones and smiled at the man.

“Sidney! Hi. How are you?” She asked politely as she slowed down her pace slightly.

“Adali, right? And I’m great. I didn’t know you came to this gym.” He asked her, his voice never wavering from the polite friendliness it possessed last time she saw him.

“Well I’ve only been in Pittsburgh for a little while so we must’ve missed each other. Well, I
guess we really didn’t know each other before a couple days ago so we probably did see each other but didn’t think anything of it.” Adali reasoned while Sidney nodded and leaned against the machine next to him.

“Well, it was great seeing you. I’m sure we’ll see each other again. Hopefully Mia will be able to bring you to one of my games or something.” He told her.

“Games? What do you mean?” Adali asked, wondering why Mia hadn’t filled her in on this.

“I play hockey….I asked Mia not to say anything to anyone because I wasn’t sure if things would work...but they did and I couldn’t be happier. But yeah, I play in the NHL. One of our games are coming up, hopefully I’ll see you there. I’ve got to head out though. Nice seeing you.” He told her before running to catch up to another man, looking close in age with him, who was waiting by the door.

“You too!” She called after him and continued on her walk, her mind reeling. So Sidney played hockey…Adali couldn’t remember the last time she’d actually watched a hockey game on T.V. She’s always avoided them because they reminded her of…him and why he left. Most girls would’ve probably kept tabs on him but the pain was too fresh and Adali wanted nothing to do with anything that reminded her of him.

Adali sighed and turned up her music, continuing with her walk, her mind a few thousand miles away.

*

Adali got home about an hour and a half later, her face flushed from working out and her body smelling not to pleasant. She walked into the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle and taking a few large sips before going to take a shower.

She was only clad in a towel when Mia decided to barge right on into the bathroom. Adali jumped slightly and looked over at Mia with an odd expression to which Mia rolled her eyes and hopped up on the counter.

“Come shopping with me? Please?” Mia asked her eyes begging, slightly puffy from her

long hours of sleep. Adali nodded and smiled- she was a girl and girls do love to shop. Mia smiled and hopped off the counter before running into her room, shutting the bathroom door behind her.

“Эта девушка так сумасшедший.” (That girl is so crazy.) Adali said to herself under her breath before dropping the towel and getting on her undergarments and slipping into her Victoria’s Secret robe. She towel dried her hair, blow dried it slightly and let it wave naturally before applying her makeup and slipping on a black floral dress with a jean cropped jacket and gladiator shoes. She met Mia in the hallway who was dressed in a simple large off the shoulder shirt with skinny jeans and gladiator shoes also.

They headed out into Mia’s new 2010 Camry and sped off toward the mall with the radio playing softly in the background.

“Adali, let’s talk.” Mia spoke the dreaded words and Adali settled in for the ride sighing quietly, already knowing what she was in for.

“I know you really want to focus on your career and such right now but I still think you should go out at least once in a while. Since we’ve been here you haven’t even gone to a single club. Nor have you been on a date….” Adali tuned the rest of Mia’s long speech out until the five words came out of Mia’s mouth that caused Adali to hold a hand up.

“You. Are. Not. Setting. Me. Up. On. A. Date.” Adali spoke clearly and determined while

Mia sighed in defeat. Mia honestly thought this time she would finally get Adali to agree, but she was proven wrong.

“Fine, but I swear one of these days I will get you on a blind date.” Mia promised before they parked and headed into the mall to do some shopping.

*

4 hours later the girls plopped down on their couches in their apartment, their feet tired and soar from all the walking they did but they were on a fashion high. Adali was the first to get up off the couch, wincing when her feet hit the hardwood floor beneath her.

“I’m going to go grade some papers and then crash. Thanks for today.” Adali said, her accent peaking slightly from her fatigue. Mia still understood and nodded before turning on the T.V. to Vh1 and relaxing into the cushions of the couch. Before Adali made her way into the hallway she heard the infamous sound of Mia getting a text followed by the sound of Mia getting her shoes on. Adali turned to see Mia waving that she would be back later, causing Adali to roll her eyes and smile slightly before continuing on her way.

Adali made her way back to her bedroom, slipping off her dress and jacket before washing the makeup off her face and slipping on a large old t-shirt. She looked down and realized this was one of the few things Adali kept that were his belongings. Tears sprung to her eyes but she pushed them back and laid down in her plush bed. Thoughts of grading papers made her want to bang her head against the bedpost so she simply pulled her IPod off her nightstand and put the earphones in her ears, placing it on shuffle and waiting for the music to start.

” When I was younger I saw my daddy cry
and curse at the wind.
He broke his own heart and I watched
as he tried to reassemble it.

And my momma swore
that she would never let herself forget.
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist.”


Adali took a deep breath as the memory washed over her. It was too late to try and think of something else.

Adali walked down her high school hallway toward her locker, her short brown hair bouncing around her shoulders. She finally found it and put in the combination and listened as the lock clicked, allowing her to open the locker. She expected only to see the usual school books but was surprised to see a large paper pointing down to a note with her name obviously written by a boy. She smiled as she opened it and her smile widened as she read what was inside.

My favorite part about you is you.

Love,
Your Secret Admirer


The notes continued, a sweet saying on each one every day. She wondered who this boy would be, already wanting to kiss him sweetly from the words he was saying. Finally, on the exact date a month later Adali got the note she was waiting for.

Meet me at 3:00 at the pond.

Love,
Your Secret Admirer


Adali fidgeted nervously all day, waiting for school to be out so she could meet him at the pond. Finally the final bell rang and she hurriedly gathered the stuff she need and headed out toward the pond. Everyone knew where the pond was so she had no problem finding it. It was a simple fountain near the famous pier of their city. It had amazing views during anytime of the day and she often came here when she needed to think.

She picked up her pace when she saw a tall figure in the distance facing away from her, causing her heart to beat that much quicker. Her mind halted when Alexei turned to face her causing the moment to be very awkward. It wasn’t that Alexei was bad looking or anything in that way- he just already had a girlfriend. They’d actually been together for over a year.
Adali opened her mouth to speak but Alexei cut her off.

“Ты тайного поклонника будет немного поздно. Подожди здесь.” (You're secret admirer will be a little late. Just wait here.) Relief flooded through her and she smiled before nodding and sitting on the edge of the fountain, turning her body to face the sunset.

She hadn’t realized how much time had passed but a tap on the shoulder brought her out of her daze.

When she turned her chocolate brown eyes met with another pair of deep brown eyes that always made her blood rush a little faster and a small blush appear on her face.

“Вы были здесь и ждать кого-то?” (Were you waiting here for someone?) Adali nodded, doubt running through her but only for a moment before Evengi Malkin smiled and she knew it was him.

“Хорошо. Я пришел к вам. Вам понравился моихзаписок?” {Good, so am I. Did you like my notes?) Adali’s face broke out into a wide smile and she nodded enthusiastically before kissing him on each cheek to show her appreciation. His face heated slight causing Adali to giggle slightly.

“Они были очень красивы. Вы имели в виду, что они сказали?”( They were beautiful. Did you mean what they said?) Evengi nodded sincerely before sitting down next to her, taking her hand and lacing it with his.

“ Я бы не писал, если я не слышал. Я любил вас за то время, и я не могла придумать никакого другого пути, чтобы выразить это, не глядя, как и любой идиот.” (I wouldn't have written it if I hadn't. I've liked you for a while and I couldn't think of any other way to express it without looking like any idiot.) Adali giggled at that and shook her head, squeezing his hand and leaning closer.

“Существовал причина для тех, кто отмечает .... Мне было интересно, если вы хотели бы пойти на свидание со мной?” (There was a reason for those notes....I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?) Evengi asked, his nervousness seeping through his voice. Adali face once again broke out into a large grin, her eyes lighting up before she nodded and kissed him softly on the mouth. Electric sparks going through her body as he slowly started to kiss back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longer...But still not liking it.
Let me know what you think :)
Thanks to my commenters!
<3