Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Vier.

Adali woke up the next morning frazzled and confused. Her face was flushed and her body was covered in a light sheen of sweat. She got up out of bed and slowly made her way into the bathroom, washing her face and starring at herself in the mirror. She didn’t understand why all these memories were rushing back to her. They’d barely ever surfaced in college, but the more she thought about it, it started to make sense.

She was in the United States now, which was the place that he left her for, and in college she was so busy trying to achieve her goals that she barely ever thought about anything other then what she learning; now that she didn’t have to stress as much her mind had more chances to wander.

Adali quickly shook her head and stripped down into her birthday suit, slipping into the shower and letting the warm water message her tense muscles. Twenty minutes later she emerged from the warm shower, her hair freshly washed and her body smelling of her fresh citrus scent of her body wash. Her legs also felt smooth from the shaving that just took place. Adali felt as good as new.

She changed into a pair of loose fitting boyfriend cut shorts and an old grey college shirt, walking out into the quiet kitchen. She got out the ingredients for a strawberry and banana smoothie, something that always made her feel good. Right as she was cutting the thawed strawberries she heard the front door click open, causing her to stop what she was doing and look out into the hallway.

Mia slowly snuck inside her and Adali’s apartment, praying that Adali was on a jog or in the shower. But fate wasn’t on her side that morning since she was met with an amused looking Adali looking fresh from the shower. “Shit.” She muttered to herself before closing the door and slipping off the shoes from the night before with Sidney.

It took everything in Adali for her not to laugh at that moment. The sheepish look on Mia finally did her over and she burst out laughing. Mia looked over at her slightly annoyed and huffed her way into the kitchen.

“Walk of shame, eh?” Adali asked through her giggles causing Mia to turn and stick her tongue out at the young woman. But Mia could only hold the slightly annoyed attitude for a few moments before she cracked and joined the still laughing Adali in her giggles. Together they laughed before both of them calmed and Adali continued making her smoothie.

“Did you two really do it?” Adali asked as she chopped the banana up, turning to face Mia once they were inside the blender. Mia almost choked on the water she was drinking, looking over at Adali with the look. Adali held up her hands in surrender but was still waiting for confirmation that they didn’t.

“No way. I’m not like that, I just was too tired to come home so he slept on the couch while I got his bed. That thing is to die for.” Mia explained to her causing Adali to crack a small smile and laugh lightly.”-But he did finally ask me to be his girlfriend.” Mia squealed causing
Adali to run over and hug her, laughing with her. Soon they calmed down and Adali let go of my death grip on her.

“But anyway, I’m going to go get a shower. “ Mia finished and Adali nodded before waving and starting the blender. She watched as the fruit and yogurt mixed all in a daze. The noise being blocked out by her swirling thoughts.

*

Later on that day Adali found herself sitting on the couch with her glasses perched on her nose, grading papers and making lesson plans when Mia came out of her room down the hall, plopping down on the couch next to her.

“Would you mind if Sidney came over tonight? Just to hang out?” Mia asked, causing Adali to stop what she was doing, placing her glasses on top of her head and looking over at Mia.

“You don’t have to ask me, I can make myself scarce. Don’t worry about it.” Adali told her before slipping her glasses back on and continuing what she was doing. Mia sighed slightly causing Adali to look up again.

“What?” Adali asked, confusion covering her features.

“I don’t mean it like that. I want you to actually meet Sidney, and you know talk to him.” Mia told her, causing Adali to nod slowly.

“So basically I’m going to be sitting here on this couch watching you two make lovey-dovey faces at each other and suck face? Is that the right term?” Adali teased slightly causing Mia to blush and stick her tongue out.

“No, no. Well I mean yes that is the term people use but we won’t do that. I swear you won’t be a third wheel! Okay? He should be here in a little bit. Thanks Adali!” Mia called before running off.

“Große, jetzt bin ich ein Rad!” (Great, now I’m a wheel!) Adali said to herself, not getting what Mia had said before but shrugging and popping in her headphones. She didn’t realize how much time had passed when Sidney and Mia walked into the room. She was right in the middle of singing her favorite Russian song but stopped once she saw them. They laughed lightly and Adali took her headphones out slowly.

“Эй. Рад видеть вас-Sorry, language confusion. Nice to see you again is what I was saying.” Adali said, waving slightly and clearing her throat. The couple sat down on the loveseat next to the couch and Mia offered Sidney something to drink which he took up.

“Was that Russian you were speaking?” Sidney asked, breaking the silence first. The question had surprise Adali but she nodded slightly and looked over him with slight confusion on how he knew that.

“Some of my teammates speak it so I hear it a lot. You should meet them; I hear they’re more… Welcoming in their native tongue.” Sidney joked slight causing me to laugh lightly, the awkwardness drifting away.

“Yes, I was born in Germany but I moved to Russia so I can speak both fluently.” Adali responded causing Sidney to seem slightly impressed.

“Wait, how did you meet Mia then? She told me she was from England.” Sidney asked right as Mia came back in.

“Adali and I both went to college together in London…Fun times.” Mia sighed and both girls giggled.

“Why do I feel like there’s a hidden meaning to that?” Sidney joked and Adali knew this would be the start of a great friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's so short it's disgusting :P
Sorry about that.
But I'm actually back to loving this story and I'm on a writing kick so there should be another up later today if I get at least one comment.
Please?
That would make my day ;)
<33