Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Funf.

A few days later, Adali found herself in the kitchen alone, randomly talking to herself since Mia was out with Sidney. It was only 10:30 that morning and the school was closed for the day so Adali took that up immediately and decided to sleep in. Her hair was in a slightly messy bun while she had on some shorts with Russian sayings on the butt and a simple white t-shirt. She hadn’t bothered with her makeup yet either so she was feeling quite bare.

“Hello! Adali?” Mia called out, causing Adali to jump slightly from the sudden yelling. She took a deep breath and chuckled at herself before going into the hallway where she was met with Mia and Sidney. She waved at both and smiled.

They walked back into the kitchen, asking each other how they were and such before Mia and Sidney sat at the counter. Adali hopped up onto the counter across from them and fixed them something to drink.

“So, Adali….Would you like to come to dinner with Mia to meet my team tonight?” Sidney asked randomly. Mia was shooting Adali a begging glance and mouthed the words “You owe me.” Adali sighed and smiled slightly before accepting the offer causing Mia to smile widely.

“Well the dinner’s at 4 and then we’re heading back to Jordan’s place for a little party. I’ve got to get going since I have a morning skate.” Sidney told Adali and Mia. Adali waved and told him she’d see him later but Mia offered to walk him to the door. Adali quickly made her way back to the bedroom, giving them some space to say goodbye.

She waited for Mia to come bursting in, which she did about 3 seconds later. Adali laughed as Mia sighed dreamily and flopped onto her bed. Mia snapped out of it quickly and smiled widely at Adali.

“I’m so excited for tonight!” Mia all but yelled causing the girls to laugh loudly before flipping on the T.V. in Adali’s room to catch the new episode of The Hills.

*

At 2 the girls started to get ready. Adali had to first because she was helping Mia with her makeup and outfit after she was done. Since they were girls they didn’t finish getting ready until 3:30 which was perfect timing since Sidney rang the bell at 3:32. Mia was dressed in a gray/brown dress that fanned out on the sides. It was paired with a pair of black pumps and a simple bracelet. Adali on the other hand was dressed in a stripped cocktail dress with a cropped blazer covering her bare shoulders. Her dress was paired with black ankle boots and a whale ring. Sidney and Mia smiled at each, getting sucked into their own world while Adali grabbed her clutch, slipping her blackberry inside and poking Mia.

The couple snapped out of their trance before both blushing slightly and turning to Adali.

Sidney complimented both girls before heading out to his black escalade. Mia sat up front with Sidney while Adali sat in the back seat, busily typing away on her blackberry avoiding the awkwardness of being a “third wheel”.

“Adali-“ Mia called causing Adali to look up from her blackberry in question. “When we get to the restraunt, you have to promise to put that away. You can’t work this whole night away.”

Mia scolded causing Adali to roll her eyes but nod in consent. Mia smiled victoriously and continued her and Sidney’s conversation until they pulled up to the place they were supposed to eat.

Mia turned back to Adali, sending her a look to which Adali grabbed her clutch and put her blackberry inside and sticking her tongue out at Mia. Adali fixed her outfit and smoothed her hand over her straightened hair before hopping out of the large vehicle.

“You girls ready?” Sidney asked to which they both nodded. Sidney laced his fingers through Mia’s and Adali rolled her eyes and they walked in front her. She smirked to herself and quietly slipped her blackberry out. It seemed as if this was going to be the only distraction for her tonight. She definitely was not drinking around these strangers. Suddenly her phone let out a loud ring signaling that she had a call. Mia whirled around and glared but Adali just waved the two inside and once she saw the door close, she answered it.

“Hello?” She answered, not bothering to look at the caller ID. Anyone calling right now was more worth talking to than going in there and being the odd one out.

“Адали, любовь моя. Как моя сестренка?”(Adali, my love. How’s my little sister?) Adali smiled at hearing her older sister, Aleksi, talk Russian to her.She hadn’t spoken with her for over a week and she felt left out of her family’s close knit circle.

“Алексий! Здравствуйте, дорогая. Я был очень хорошим. А как насчет вас?” (Aleksi! Hello darling. I’ve been pretty good. What about you?)

“Великий. Так вот, слушай, у меня есть некоторые новости, чтобы поделиться с вами.”(Great so listen, I've got some news to share with you.)

“В самом деле? Ах, ты скажи!”(Really Oh do tell!)

“Antinko и я с ребенком!”(Antinko and I are having a baby!)

“Что? О Алекси, я так рад за тебя. Geeze, я хотел заплакать! Ладно, ладно я должен отрезать ее. Я так рад за тебя. Как далеко вы вместе? Что пола? Задумывались ли Вы имена младенца? Когда это-“ (Oh Aleksi, I'm so happy for you. Geeze, I'm about to start crying! Okay, okay I need to snap out of it. I'm just so happy for you. How far along are you? What's the gender? Have you thought of baby names? When is it-)

“Woah там Ада. Помедленнее. Мы только что узнали несколько дней назад. Но я призываю вас со всеми подробностями, то на этой неделе, ладно? Antinko и я на его родителей пойти рассказать. Я просто хотел, чтобы вы знали. Я люблю тебя Ада.” (Woah there Ada. Slow down. We just found out a few days ago. But I'll call you with all the details sometime this week, okay? Antinko and I are at his parents about to go tell them. I just wanted you to know. I love you Ada.)

“Я тоже тебя люблю Алекси. Поговорите с Вами.” ( I love you too Aleksi. Talk to you soon.) Adali smiled and hung up the phone. She was so happy for her older sister. Aleksi had been married for almost 2 years and she knew that Aleksi wanted a large family. Aleksi was 24 while Adali was 22 and Alena was 19. Adali happily made her way into the restraunt, immediately seeing Mia wavering her over to a large table near the back. She assumed this was the VIP section since it was mostly secluded and had ropes surrounding it.

The table was quite full and everyone’s back was turned to Adali so she couldn’t see their faces. Mia waved her over and she slid in a chair next to her. Mia was about to ask her something when Sidney cut her off.

“Guys, you know Mia and this is Adali, Mia’s best friend.” Sidney announced causing all the team’s gazes go to her. She gulped slightly but didn’t let her fear show. Some smiled at her while others just nodded and went back to their conversations. Suddenly Adali felt a presence next to her and turned to see a large man smiling at her. He had a large beard but his eyes seemed friendly and welcoming.

“Hi, I’m Max Talbot. It’s nice to meet you.” He greeted Adali, sticking his hand out for her to shake. She shook it warmly and greeted him the same and inviting him to sit down next to her and Mia. Someone tapped Max on the shoulder and he turned to start another conversation behind him with another man.

“Everything okay?” Mia asked Adali, referring to the phone call outside. Adali nodded and a large smile graced her face once she told Mia about Aleksi’s pregnancy. Mia gasped and hugged Adali tightly before demanding to tell Aleksi that her best wishes were with her the next time Adali spoke with her. The girls mingled with the other men of the team for about another hour and a half before Sidney called Mia over to meet his coach. Adali winked at Mia before sipping her drink.

Another group of men came up to Adali, not noticing her sitting behind them . Adali was surprised to hear them start to talk in Russian, her eyes lighting up from her native language.

“Красивая девушка, не правда ли?” (Beautiful girl, isn’t she?) Adali heard one of the men say causing the rest to nod and voice their agreement. She blushed slightly before she felt the need to butt in.

“Вы все говорят на русском?” (You both speak Russian?) Adali asked, avoiding the curious looks she got once she spoke from the other men. The Russian speaking group looked at her in shock before nodding slowly.

“Да, все мы из России. Это Петр Сикора, и я Сергея Гончара.” (Yes, we are all from Russia. This is Petr Sýkora and I am Sergei Gonchar.) They introduced and she smiled politely before shaking their hands.

“Где ты научился говорить на русском?”(Where did you learn to speak Russian?) Petr asked Adali causing her to chuckle slightly which earned odd looks from the boys.

“Я вырос в России на самом деле. Я также могу говорить по-немецки.” (I grew up in Russia actually. I can also speak German too.) She told them, causing their eyebrows to shoot up to their hairline.

“В самом деле? У вас нет акцента. Если г-Oh смотреть Гено здесь. Владеет русским тоже.” (Really? You don’t have an accent. Where d- ) Sergei was cut off by Mia who called

Adele over. Adali politely excused herself and promised she would be around more often to talk to them in an actual language they can have a conversation in, their words not hers. Mia introduced Adali to the coach and they chatted for a few minutes. The coach seemed like a nice mane, even if he did have the higher ups breathing down his neck everyday or the stress of bringing a whole NHL hockey team to victory again. All those things considered he was a nice man in Adali’s book.

The girls decided they were ready to leave and Sidney went out to get the car while they made their rounds of goodbyes. A few hoots and hollers were heard when the girls said goodbye but they promised to be back soon. Hugs were given out and they made their way to the exit. As Adali reached to open the door, the other door next to the one she was opening suddenly opened from someone walking in. And that someone made her heart drop all the way down to her stomach. Adali froze as Evgeni Malkin locked his warm brown eyes with her bright grey, almost green eyes. His eyes widened dramatically, probably matching Adali’s as they walked past each other, their eyes never straying even as they walked the opposite direction of one another. Mia finally snapped Adali out of her trance by yanking her outside into the cold Pittsburgh air.

As they drove home in Sidney’s extremely expensive car all Adali could think was oh shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
A lot of Russian in this..Sorry if it messed up!
;)
Comments are loved!
<33
P.S.
Adali's outfit
Mia's outfit