Status: Active (: Updated on a usual basis.

Life Unexpected.

Sieben.

The next morning Adali was staring blankly out the window, watching as the rain drops slid down the window pane. She sipped her banana smoothie slowly and fogged up the window pane with her breath. Suddenly someone laid a hand on her shoulder causing her to about jump out of her skin. She whipped around to see Mia with a concerned look on her face.

Adali sighed in relief and smiled faintly.

“You okay?” Mia asked Adali and Adali nodded, telling her not to worry about her.

“Well if you’re okay, then you won’t mind coming to Sidney’s morning skate with me?” Adali sighed but didn’t have the energy to argue with Mia so she just simply nodded and Mia smiled brightly before telling her to be ready in 20 minutes.

Adali made her way back to her room and slipped into some warm sweats from college and a sweatshirt from Victoria Secret before running a comb through her wavy hair and popping on a beanie before slipping on her brown uggs. She walked out into the kitchen and moved her smoothie into a travel cup so she could drink it in the rink and the plopped down on the couch to wait for Mia.

25 minutes later the girls were seated in the arena waiting for the team to come out. Adali was slouched down in her seat, her feet on the seat in front of her and her travel mug sitting on her lips as she sipped her smoothie. Finally the boys came out and Adali’s eyes subconsciously focused in on number 71. She watched as he gracefully skated across the ice, joking and pushing the guys every few minutes.

Adali was too focused to notice Mia wave at Sidney who was skating next to Geno. Sidney waved back catching Evgeni’s attention. He followed Sidney’s gaze to Mia and then over to Adali. Their eyes connected and Adali was caught in a trance. Sidney bumped Geno causing Geno to look away and Adali moved her gaze toward the other end of the rink. Even from the one simple glance Adali’s whole body was warm inside. And not because of her warm clothing.

*

Over the next few days though, Mia barely saw her best friend. Adali was working from 6am to at least 7pm. She was putting in overtime for a few extra bucks and it also helped her earn vacation time. It was also a great distraction from thinking about Geno. Ever since those two times she saw him, all her mind seems to want to do is to think about him, about their past together, and all the, both good and bad, times they shared together back when they were 18.

It was a Thursday night and luckily tomorrow Adali had off, so when she came home earlier than usual she was slightly shocked to see Mia there. Usually Mia was out with Sidney or she was back in her room but there she was sitting atop the kitchen counter watching the
news.

“Mia?” Adali asked as she set her things down by her coat and shoes.

“Adali, wow you do actually eat and sleep.” Mia joked, slightly bitter.

“I know sorry. I just needed some extra money right now. But I have off tomorrow so let’s do something. We haven’t had a girl’s night in a while.” Adali lied slightly, guilt only slightly getting to her.

“You’re right! We can watch girly movies all night, make brownies, eat ice cream….” Mia rambled on and Adali smiled happily nodding at all of Mia’s distractions. Adali knew this would definitely take her mind off that gorgeous Russian for a few hours.

*

“Oh Adali, he’s so amazing. He always texts me sweet little sayings and making sure I know that he’s thinking of me. Sometimes I feel like he’s too perfect to be true, you know? And…” Adali internally groaned as Mia went on and on and on about Sidney. This night was supposed to make her forget about guys, not make her think of them even more!

But because Adali was such a good friend she nodded and ‘mmhmm’d at the right moments, not paying any attention to what Mia was actually saying.

“So do you want to come to their practice tomorrow? Last time was so much fun and this would allow us even more time for just us girls! And we could totally find you a hottie to hook up with!” A fake nod and ‘mmhm’ from Adali and she was screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerr ):
Sorry girls but this is needed to walk into the next chapter!
The next chapter will be longer, better, and has a major surprise!
It'll probably be up tomorrow-er actually today...Later today east coast time :)
thanks for comments :) they ROCK!
<3