Status: New

A Loaded God Complex

Fear the Dear

Small Towne, America. You know, the town where everybody knows everybody and teenagers die to get out of. Not much changed day to day, month to month or even year to year. That was until he moved here, it was the summer of 2006. It had been seven years since we'd gotten a new family in town. Most that moved in left promptly to go to bigger and better things. Every few years when someone would come into town they'd bring something with them. My family has been here since the town was established, we were highly respected...Although, I was barely looked upon unless to be cursed at our spit on by the elderly and unattended children. It goes without saying they dealt with me but were no where close to accepting me.

It is also surrounded by wildlife, the kind that usually wakes up one up on a mating spring day. I resembled this wildlife in a few ways. I like flowers and like to eat salads… I also grace a pair of giant antlers on my head. They weren't always there, my parents started noticing a growth on my head at the age of two. The town doctor said it was nothing to be worried about, and then they spouted rapidly that same year. Whispers went around town, saying I was some sort of Satan child, with hooves and horns and all that shit. For the record their like a bucks antlers, and I wouldn't ever try to harm anything. It just led to a exorcism which as you may guess would scare and scar any three year old. After that people just let it go and remained content with whispers. Life went on for me. I went to public school, was a straight A student, had two best friends and had never been out of my little closed shutter town.

Fucked up? It only gets worse.
As it always does, things must get worse before they get better.

"Freak!" Shouted a boy name Justin Bieber as I walked past him and his girlfriend making out on a notorious virginity log on the side of the nature trail.

His girlfriend Selena laughed. I heard the swish of something flying by my head, and then a pair of left over tighty whities from a night at the log caught on my head horns. Being used to it and keeping my dignity I kept going, not removing the underclothes, and not glancing back to see him giving me the bird. Yet, I still couldn't help but flinch and feel a sigh of defeat slip out. After I was out of sight I clumsily reached up to try and get it off; then threw them leaving the wadded pile on the ground.

"That wouldn't have been as bad if Nicole or Pete were with me," I thought to myself.

Later I'd think to myself, "Maybe that day wouldn't have felt so bad if Nicole or Pete had came with me, and maybe if I wouldn't have felt so down, meeting him wouldn't have lifted me so much."

In actuality it most likely would not have changed a thing. No matter how many times you are put down it still hurts, I of all people should have known this. It would take a few times, and a few hard lessons for me to learn this. The sun blazed on, its bright warmth hidden by the breeze of fall coming in. I smelled the silent, lonely air as I sat down on the slightly damp grass by the river. The headstones behind me usually guarded me, keeping company away. Eating my lunch I finally was calmed down, which is why I perhaps didn't find it strange to find a bright yellow kite flying in the air. In fact, I found it quite amusing. Dumbfounded, I watched it dance in the perfectly blue sky, even as I sputtered down towards my face.

The screaming rip of fabric caught on my antlers. I again without trying to make a scene I awkwardly attempted to get the strings and skeleton of the kite off my head. A body with a squinted face to top it ran over.

"Here, let me help." A shaky voice and shaky hands fumbled. The girl knelt down beside me managing the rocky and uneven terrain.

"Th-thanks." My voice matched the girl's hands. I avoided eye contact for a very different reason this time: I was completely in awe that this face I didn't recognize was just readily helping me.

"No problem," The kite carcass was lifted off and as if my head were on a weighted spring I glanced at the girl.

She was my age, maybe older, I couldn't tell because she carried herself well. Her brown eyes watched me curiously, still she kept a shy smile on her face. It made me feel that there was no menacing thoughts or malice behind the curiosity in her eyes. There was bound to be a question or two, I knew it as she opened her mouth to speak.

"I'm Raya."

"Sorry about the kite… I'm-I'm Mason." I mumbled the last part and took a bite of the leftover crust of my sandwich.

"It's ok. Are you new here too?" She asked tucking a lock of hair over and out of her eyes, "I've met everybody in town already."

"No, but that's not hard to do." My confidence grew a little as a laugh fell almost lazily out of her cherry lips. I was still waiting for something rotten to happen, like a finger point to go with her laugh.

"Fair enough."

Her laughter died down to chuckles, and she shifted to a sitting position in the grass. A moment passed and then she looked at me nibbling the crust of my sandwich.

"You actually like crust?" Raya didn't turn her head instead she just peered at me through the same lock of hair she had just fixed.

"No!" I answered quickly, nearly spitting out my bite. We both chuckled, I wasn't sure if hers was a nervous one like mine. A buzzing noise came from Raya's direction and she fidgeted around in her pocket until she pulled out a cell phone.

"Oh shit!" I jumped a little, "I have to get home. I'll see you around." She smiled one more time at me, showing her teeth, I plainly shrugged and nodded.

Raya left and I sat staring at the water with my hands resting on my knees. I was dazed, and amazed while I watched the shallow water ripple.

"Hey, do you want to walk home with me?" A thin tired wheel was in front of me and I fixed my eyes to see Raya holding the handle bars of a maroon eighties racing bike. "I'll probably get lost if you don't." The corner of my mouth twitched and immediately started to get up.

The conversation was light. We talked about things like where she used to live and what school was like there. That day I didn't notice that she led the way to her house. When we stopped at her driveway I realized it was the old Samson's house before they moved to their grandparents farm to take care of it for them. The house was freshly painted a mauve color with hunter green and black accents. It looked newly pleasant, but still in place for our town.

"Raya!" A gruff voice called from up the driveway. He noticed his daughter's acknowledgement and turned back to his truck to shut the tailgate.

"Bye," Raya accompanied the phrase with a small wave and walked her bike, watching me a while longer.

I on the other hand gave a big wordless wave and then heavily slapped down my hand on my hip. Her father was about to call her name again, but as he twisted he saw me and stopped. His lips pursed in and he grabbed Raya's arm, I was physically stuck; watching as a few punishments were whispered in her ear. Raya tugged her arm away and trudged into the garage. Her father glared at me and this time shook his head. Before his hand was fully up in the air to shoo me off I was stumbling down the driveway, hands in my pockets and sun rays warming my black hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, when I mention celebrities in here it is meant to light and funny. Like I highly doubt that Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are total brats or anything. Just meant to poke fun :)