Status: New

A Loaded God Complex

When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like a Big Pizza Pie

"I like your moves, Kirche." Raya swung her legs off the edge of the picnic table. A cool breeze swept over the eating area of the pizzeria wafting the tomato and bread scent with it.

Raya went into a hysterical laughing fit. I continued my jig to keep the reaction going with it. Finally, I couldn't hold it in anymore and I joined her. It got to the point where I couldn't stand, so I leaned on the table next to Raya.

"I'm practicing for the dance."

"Seriously?!" She hit my shoulder, I nodded and she shrieked a little.

"Are- are we going together?" I cleared my throat and decided to sit down on the bench for the table.

"Of course." Our faces were both lit up and I leaned in and gave her a kiss.

We threw away our half eaten pizza slices and used napkins, then went back inside the pizzeria to pay. Raya spotted Pete and Nicole on the way through, so after paying we went to talk to them. They were alone, and chatting-- no, deep in conversation.

"What's up?" Raya flipped the chair and leaning against the back she wrapped her legs around it. I tried not to stare, but my eyes were glued to the chair. I had always wished to be someone else, never to be an inanimate object before.

"I was just telling Pete how someone lit my lawn on fire last night." I was startled and pried my eyes away from her. Who in town would have done that? Raya raised an eyebrow and Pete fidgeted. "Well, it wasn't all of my lawn. They burned homecoming in it and they were on a bike."

Pete concentrated on me and when he did acknowledge Raya he gazed past her head bashfully. Nicole bit her lip and brushed a piece of hair behind her ear, then glanced at Pete like she was making sure she didn't forget anything.

"Yeah, and this morning I found a note in my mailbox. One said to meet them in front of the school tonight at the dance." A small smirk grew on Pete's face and a waitress came over with their pizza.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Pete told Nicole before she excused herself to get some extra napkins.

Pete stood up and came around the table. Bending down he whispered in Raya's ear, "I'd be your number one with a bullet right now…Thanks." Then upon exiting he slapped the table and pointed a finger at me, "Mason," He happily acknowledged me.

Puzzled by the thanks from him to Raya I tried to fit together what could have happened last night. Raya tapped my shoulder and I got up silently, she noticed this and gave wispy chuckle.

"I'll explain later."

"Good, because I am so confused." We sauntered out of the front door and in mere seconds the school's head cheerleader came nearly skipping to us.

"I'll meet you at six tonight," Without ever looking towards the peppy girl approaching us she continued, "I have something for you." She grabbed my hands and squeezed them lightly.

"Raya!" I jumped at the familiar voice of the cheer captain, Kesha, "Hey, someone looks horny," Kesha sounded annoyed like she was trying to get me to leave, although she always sounded like that. Raya turned a deaf ear to it, "You're helping out with the pumpkin pick Wednesday, right?"

"Oh, yeah!" Raya hit her head and still gripped one of my hands, "I'll be there."

"Good," Kesha blinked rapidly. She seemed like she was about to say something, but was caught mid-thought. She left promptly.

"Uh-huh. See you then."

Kesha left finally allowing Raya to shake her head, "She's not really a slut. She's just lost," She explained as we went back to our business.

"Am I still going to be able to see you?" We started walking.

"What? On Wednesday? Yeah, Kesha's the only one signed up and she can only be there for a little while." Stumbling on nothing, except my own feet. Raya shoved her free hand in her hoodie pocket, "I could really use the help."

"Isn't it all little kids?" Little kids and old people were the worst, they asked too many questions and were never afraid to point fingers or spit. "O…k."