Ruby

2: Meeting my family

“Why would you want to adopt me?” I ask very confused

“You don’t have a family and we like to help. All of my kids are adopted, I can’t have children” Esme says firmly

“Kids?” I say, I haven’t seen any kids.

“Well, teenagers” she corrects. I smile. After a minute of silence I agree with my head and she takes me by my arm softly, driving me to the white sofa again. Everybody comes out of the kitchen, more then I expected. Five teenagers, who could pass like grown ups.
The blonde girl is the first one to speak.

“I am Rosalie, nice to meet you, sister” she says like reading it, monotone and harsh.

“You already know me, right?” Emmett says with his arm around Rosalie, looking at me.

“Emmett” I affirm. He gets near to me to “high five”

“I am Edward, and she is Bella” Edward says holding hands with Bella. She waves at me shyly.

Then no one else talks. Everybody looking at me, waiting for the one in the back to talk.

“He is Jasper” Esme says. He turns away and leaves the house.

“What I did wrong?” I ask feeling guilty

“Nothing, some of them are just hard to socialize” Emmett says. Rosalie gets away of his arms and goes upstairs. He sights. I look at Esme.

“They will get us to it, it was the same when Bella arrived, and they like her now” Esme says. I smile at Bella and she smiles back. Edward goes away with her.

“Where are they going?” I ask Esme, the only one with me now.

“They have a cottage, outside. Newlyweds” Esme says

“They are married!” I ask in surprise.
“They all are. Rosalie and Emmett too” Esme says smiling

“Can I go and see the cottage?” I ask desperate

“No!” Esme yells at me. I look at her in shock. Don’t tell me this is like those movies when they are first nice and then they are killers who like human stew.

“We haven’t captured the animal. They tent to remember the smell of their meals. It’s dangerous.” She says with a soft voice now.

“How can they go out?” I say sad. Esme looks at me in the eyes.

“Do you believe in vampires?” Esme asks me

“No. Are you guys vampires?” I say curious

“Yes” Esme answers. I laugh hysterically.

“ Carlisle was the first one to turn a vampire in our family. He saved Edward from death in 1918. He was the first one to be converted by Carlisle, he was very sick when he saved him. I tried to suicide and he saved me. Then he saved Rosalie. Jasper was already a vampire when he joined our family” She explained

“Do you kill humans?” I ask confused

“No, we only drink animal blood” Esme says smiling

“1918? How old are you then?” I ask full of questions

“More then 100 years” she says smiling. Her smile makes me feel relaxed.

“What else you want to know?” Esme asks me, knowing I’m curious.

“Nothing else by now. If I think in something I will let you know” I say

“I bet my team will win” Emmett says to Jasper turning the television on. Emmett sits on my side and Jasper sits in another chair far away even if he fits in the sofa with us.

“Watching sports?” I ask Emmett

“Not any sports, Baseball” Emmett says excited

“I could learn about Baseball” I say trying to make conversation.
“Do you like nachos?” She asks me. I say yes with my head. She stands up and leaves me alone with two vampires, three because Edward joined us.

“That is the best team ever” Emmett says pointing at some dudes in the television.

“No, that team sucks” Jasper says to me pointing at the same team. I look at Edward scared. He gets my joke.

“I thought you couldn’t talk” I say to Jasper. Emmett and Edward laughs. Jasper looks at me serious. I lock my vision in the floor for a long time. I don’t need to see the sky outside to realize is night already.

“Yeah! Homerun!” Emmett says standing up. I look at the television. Esme brings me Nachos.

“You shouldn’t have” I say

“I will find every excuse to cook, so will Bella” Esme says handing me some nachos with guacamole.

“She told me who you all became vampires, except Bella… tell me” I say joyful to Emmett.

“You know? Were you scared?” He ask me laughing

“At first, I don’t care know… except for Casper of course!” I say. Emmett burst in a loud laugh, almost a growl. Jasper stares at me deeply.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't own any of the jokes...My references are youtube :) COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!