Ruby

7: Forgiving

Sitting in my bed besides Rosalie makes me feel much better. Being away from the rest, from the dangerous vampires helps me to calm down. She is passing her cold fingers trough my hair, humming and singing the first thing that pops in her mind. Somebody knocks the door causing me to frighten.

“Who is it?” Rosalie whispers sweetly. Nobody answers. She whispers the same phrase again.

“Jasper” he answers. As reaction I take Rosalie’s white scarf and wrap it tightly around my neck. He knocks the door again. Rosalie opens the door carefully, defendant.

“I am sorry; my reaction was rude and unnecessary. If you could forgive me it would be nice” He reads from a tiny piece of paper. He manages to see my badly attempt of protecting my neck. He smiles at Rosalie causing her to laugh quietly. I take the scarf and give it back to Rosalie. I leave my room and face the attacker.

He is much taller then me, in fact, everybody in this family is taller then me. For this reason I always raise my face to look at their golden eyes. Seven minutes later we still are looking into our eyes. I can see so much under his mask, he is not as rude as he pretends. I have no way to explain it, we are not talking furthermore we are having a conversation. His cold hand touches my cheeks attracting me to kiss him, yet I stop an inch away from his lips.

“My neck hurts” I tell him looking down. With my eyes closed I can hear his steps in the distance, downstairs. Time passes before I decide to enter my room where I know Rosalie is.

“Is everything in order?” She asks me worried. Soon, I’m crying in her shoulders. She starts breathing toughly.

“I’ll be here in a minute” She assures, leaving. I replace her shoulders with my pillow.

“Emmett” Rosalie says while searching for her husband. He appears behind her.

“You are supposed to be more supportive with Ruby. Something happened and now she is crying because of your little deal with her” Rosalie explains. Emmett stares at Rosalie with regression eyes. Carlisle enters the house. He looks around the chaos and starts asking questions. He decides to talk in person with Ruby.

“Who is it?” I ask hoping not to hear Jasper’s voice. I open the door to Carlisle.

“You are going to school. The Headmaster arranged a space for you. It wasn’t easy I tell you” He says handing me a few papers. Without thinking it twice, I hug him. He hugs me back and rubs my arm.

“You are doing so much for me. I don’t know how to repay you Mr. Cullen” I say in my bed now.

“I will say, you can repay me by staying out of trouble. With trouble I mean irritating vampires with new diets” He says staying in front of me, causing me to raise my neck even more.

“What you mean with new diets Mr. Cullen” I ask curious.

“Before Jasper came to us, he was a human blood drinker. He is trying really hard not to bite Bella, or you. It’s not really helpful if you make him angry.” He explains

“I am working for a car” I explain back to him. He asks what I mean. Rapidly I explain Emmett’s deal. He sits next to me and places his hand in my shoulder.

“Try to be careful” He says smiling wide. He stands up and leaves the room. From the closed door he demands me to call him just Carlisle. Excited, I read all the papers. I stare at the obvious illegal fake birth certificate which clearly makes me the official Ruby Cullen. Social Security number, adoption papers imported from Japan, and the list of teachers and classes.

English is my first class, then Chemistry, Advanced Math, History of United States, Art, Sex Education and Physical Education. I stare at the paper wanting to cry. Instead of feeling happy, I feel nauseous. I appreciate Carlisle for the effort; generally elective classes are two classes you can choose freely. I would like to think Carlisle did not choose Sex Education on purpose and it was the only free space. I enter to Carlisle’s office to grab some paper and a pen. I also find a folder handy to save my documents. I go back to my room and place the folder in my closet. Then I write down a few lines in the papers and end up next to Jasper, the man who is looking at me the same way a boxer looks his punching bag.

“Carlisle suggested for us to get along we need to know each other. So I made you and interview” I lied.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can also read my other story... A vampire in Hogwarts or you can Comment and Subscribe in this one