Sharlot and the Bound

Links

I sat in my living room pissed. I wanted to be far away some place sandy in Lance's arms, instead the army had assembled in my house for a meeting.

"The enemy has been laying low. That worries me." My cousin Blair looked around the room as the others nodded in agreement. "

Anything new?" She was looking dead at me.

Andreas piped up, "I am Sharlot's newest link. Isn't that something little brother?"

The room grew tense and I stared out the window.

"We should just focus on training so we can be ready for any attack." I stood up getting ready to leave.

"The matter of my links are irrelevant. I will not be bearing the children of those I link to, so I am ignoring this all together. Although I did recently link to Matt's brother, my bond remains stronger with the first three I linked with. These may be due to the time I have been linked to them or the relationship I had with them prior. I am sure I will inform you of each link due to your curiosity but no that I have no plans to pursue it. I love my boyfriend of two years, Lance has been good to me and deserves my attention. "

I left without another word assuming that they would leave after I said my peace. I didn't look back, I didn't want to see Matt's pain, Edmund's anguish or Andrea's evil grin. I had a meeting with the other person who bared this burden, and I was about to get some answers.