Sharlot and the Bound

The Price

"Miss Salvatore," Miss Vega stepped down slowly, "I have found out quite interesting things about you."

I gulped, I had no idea she was evil. I mean I thought she was teacher evil, not mad women evil. I remembered how she bared her teeth at me that day in class after Lance and I walked in late. I guess that would explain why she hates me. My eyes were wide with shock, the sliver in them piecring the darkness around me and my army. I couldn't keep my emotion masked.

"Where should I start?" I was silent, to stunned to speak. "Hmm, let's see. Your real boyfriend is a werewolf, isn't that right Lance?"

Lance eyes widen and he gulped. Edmund looked at me in awe. (I still can't believe he didn't figure it out during the war.) All I could wonder was how she knew? Did Jack, our high school principal, tell her? No, I doubt it, he loved outside his species, even if he lives in another realm.

"But you date Edmund to please mommy and daddy. Of course Lance doesn't know you actually like being with Edmund." I felt all eyes on me and Lance's pain. But really does it seem that bad? I am just enjoying the company of the boy who I have to fake date.

"Oh, Sharlot nothing to say?" I felt my body move forward as she drew her hand closer to her body, pulling me in. She is a puppet master, she uses shock to control her victims. Of course, lets add irony to everything going on.

She whispered to me, "Who should tell them about Matt?" My heart dropped, I knew it was coming and that's why I felt so terrified.

"Doll, dear," she smiled at Doll, "Pop Quiz. Who did Sharlot have sex with for her first time?" I felt my face turn bright red as my eyes turned orange.

Doll face was puzzled, "I don't know, Lance." She didn't understand why she was being asked this.

"No," Lance said in an angry voice. "We have never had sex." He starts to laugh. " I knew there was something more between you and Matt." Damn, Lance catches on quick.

Doll gasped, eyes as wide as plates. I could hear her breathing pick up pace. This is not good. My eyes were hazel because the guilt weighed heavy on me.

"Lance," I whisper for the first time in what seems like ages my lips form words. His look of anger hit me like a sucker punch to the gut. My earth green eye never leaving his.

"It's not what you think." How pathetic of course its what he thinks.

"Ding! Ding! Ding! Lance you are the smartest boy I know."

"NO!" Doll shouted. "Its not true because I have liked Matt since Pre-K and Sharlot knew that." She was crying. She knew it was true, I am sure she always knew. Deep purple making my rapid emotion changes known.

"I am not letting you have her Matt." Lance growled at him. I was puzzled. I betrayed him yet he wanted to fight for me.Sky pink was the color Matt called this emotion.

"Neither of you can have what is rightfully mine." Edmund said calmly. "I am the only one her parents will allow her to marry."

"That's so true." Miss Vega said.

Stacy spoke up, " But the job of this army is to unite all, so those rules don't apply to us." She looked at Doll briefly, "well in most cases."* She added in a quite tone.

"That is also true, dear smart Stacy." She turned to Matt.

"Anything to say dear, Matt?" Matt stepped forward and paused....
♠ ♠ ♠
*Due to the Fey's nature they tend to not respect the bound. Through there only has been two other in history. The want their race to remain pure.
Comments are love =]