Status: FINISHED BUT FEEDBACK WOULD STILL BE NICE! :)

Pass Me Another Bottle, Honey

Time Flies

I took a drag from my cigarette as I sat on the swing, leaning against the chain. I slowly swung forwards and backwards. Dalia swung a little faster than me on the swing next to me. She slowed after a couple minutes.

"It's sad that no kids even come to this park anymore." Dalia said. I nodded and she sighed. "You excited to go back to school? One more year then we're done." She gave me a thumbs up.

"I guess." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"How are you and Alex? How long have you guys been together?" she egged, I counted in my head.

"Like a month and 3 weeks. Since their show." I said. She smiled at me.

"I think you guys are cute together." I laughed and took a drag.

"Thanks I guess." I said.

"What's been bothering you?" I looked back at her and she gave me a pleading look. I sighed.

"I really don't know what's wrong. I feel depressed recently." I shrugged. I looked down at the ground.

"Well it is August. School is a bummer I guess and-" she stopped talking. I looked at her and she stared at the ground. It's August. What's so different about August? I always happen to be like this around this time of year. Ever since I was ten. I just stared.

"Don't think to hard. I don't want to see you even more upset." Dalia said quietly. I shook my head as to snap myself out of it. I dropped the butt of the cigarette and got up.

"I'm heading home. I will see you probably before Monday." I said. She smiled and nodded. I then walked away. I looked at my shoes, my clothes, the cigarette pack that was sitting in my pocket. Dalia and I were at the mall for most of the day. That was the reason I was kinda dressed up. But what was the real reason for it. I was so lost in thought I didn't hear the car pull up next to me.

"Hello! Earth to Lola!" a voice shouted. I stopped and looked next to me. Alex was there in his car smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh. Hey." I said. He unlocked the doors and I got in.

"What was that about? I had to call your name like seven times." he laughed.

"Sorry. I was thinking about something." I said. He leaned over the center console and kissed me before putting the car back into drive and driving to my house.

"Anything in particular?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Just school stuff." I said. I focused my attention out the window. Before I knew it we were in Alex's driveway.

"My mom wanted to know if you wanted to come over for dinner." Alex looked at me. I shook my head solemnly.

"I'm not that hungry. I'm tired. I think I'm going to just go home and relax." I said. Alex's face dropped a little.

"Oh. Well can I still come over later?" He asked. I nodded and got out of the car. He got out too. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back and he kissed my forehead.

"See you later babe." he said. I nodded and walked over to my house. My mom was sitting on the couch with a bottle of wine and a small glass. She had one of our family albums in her lap.

"I'm home mom." I said. She focused her attention to me and smiled brightly.

"Love! Come and look at old pictures with your momma." she slurred. I gave a small smile.

"I'm tired, mom. I think I'm gonna go to bed." I said. She gave a small wave and went back to the pictures. I walked upstairs and to my room. I changed my clothes and took off my make up. I laid in the middle of my bed, face up, staring at the ceiling. I guess I lost track of time cause I felt my bed moving and someone set their head against my chest. I looked at him and he was talking. I was totally tuning him out. I refocused in.

"What?" I asked. He chuckled.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he laced his fingers with mine.

"Just thinking." I said. He kissed the back of my hand.

"You've been doing a lot of that, I noticed. About what? School still?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Well as long as it's not about anything negative towards us." he smiled. I gave a small smiled back.

"Of course not." I said. He gave me a small kiss and went back to leaning his head on my chest. I was running my fingers and playing with his hair. I stared at the ceiling. I was interrupted by the sound of tires squealing. I sat up in the bed and closed my eyes tight.

I sat up straight in my bed as I heard tires squealing outside and a loud crash. I jumped out of my bed and looked out the window. There were two cars, smashed, in front of my house. One of them I knew very well.

"Logan!" I screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lola

Sorry I skipped around in the time. And sorry for the cliffhanger. it will all become clear in the next chapter.

Feedback? Comments?