I'll Freak Your Mind

Chapter uno

God, I hate planes. I have nothing against planes themselves, I mean they have comfortable seats, nice food, good movies. It’s just that me and planes don’t mix. I can’t sleep on them, I find it impossible. The only way I can sleep on planes is by taking sleeping pills and I don’t like doing that. Even though the food is nice, I just throw it back up minutes after eating it. I can’t eat while moving, I get sick. So I can’t sleep and I can’t eat while on planes which mean that when the planes lands I’m hungry and tired. Then I’m grouchy, which is not good.

My plane touched down at Heathrow and I got off the plan and went through customs and immigration. I climbed into the car that was waiting for me outside the airport, after collecting my luggage. I feel asleep in the back of the car, I haven’t slept in over 24 hours; can you blame me for being tired?

We pulled up to the hotel I was staying at, The Dorchester. Fuck, this place is nice. I walked up to the check-in desk.

“Hello sir, welcome to the Dorchester. How can I help you?” The receptionist asked.

“Hi. Yeah, I have a room booked for 3 weeks.” I said

“Name?”

“Angel.”

“Ah, yes. You have room 500, sir.” The receptionist hands me my key. “Here is your key and your booking information. Bellboy, take Mr. Angels’ bags up to room 500.” He said to a passing bellboy. “Enjoy your stay at the Dorchester, Mr. Angel.”

“Thank you.” I said before following the bellboy into the lift.

My room was nice, spacious. There was a massive bed pushed against the wall, opposite the door. Next to the bed was a little sitting room area with a TV and several chairs around it. The bathroom had a shower/bath, a toilet, a sink and a bidet.

I walked into my room and the bellboy put my bags by the door. I tipped him some money before he left. I looked around the room for a while before flopping down on the bed. I closed my eyes, just needing to rest for a bit...

I was woken by my phone going off and vibrating against my leg. I yawned and took the phone from my pocket. I flipped it up and put it to my ear, not bothering to look at the caller I.D.

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

“Heyaa, Criss.” My friend James’ voice. Too hyper.

“What do you want, James?” I asked, annoyed that he woke me up.

“Oooh, someone’s in a bad mood.” James taunted.

“James, shut up. I’ve just got off a plane and I’m very tired so sorry if I’m not in a good mood right now.”

“Whatever”

“James, what do you want?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, my friend is throwing a party tomorrow night. Lots of people are going to be there, famous people included.”

“Okay, why are you telling me this?”

“Because the invitation says we’re allowed to bring a friend along. So I thought while you were here you’d like to come and spend some time with me.”

“What time?”

“5pm onwards. Where are you staying?”

“The Dorchester” I said yawning.

“Woah, dude, that place is fucking expensive.”

“I know.” I said, turning on the TV.

“Anyway, my friends’ party is being held about half and hour away from there so how about I pick you up at 4:30?”

“Yeah, whatever.” I said, not really caring.

“So, I’ll let you get some sleep.”

“Bye James.”

“Byeeeeeeeeee Chrissy.” I hung up and turned off the TV before lying back down and falling asleep again.

I turned over and opened my eyes. I blinked a couple of times before everything came into focus. I sat up and looked around the room before flopping back down. I then remember about the party James told me about. I looked over at the clock on the bedside table. 16:15 FUCK! James is going to be here in a 15 minutes! I jumped up from the bed before having to sit down again because of head rush. A minute later I got up slowly and walked into the bathroom. I stripped and stepped into the shower. I pulled the shower curtain as cross and turned on the shower, I stepped into the water and let is flow over me before grabbing my body wash.
5 minutes later, I climbed out of the shower and grabbed a towel to wrap round the waist. I walked into the bedroom and opened my suitcase to find something to wear. I glanced at the clock again. 16:23 Shit. I looked franticly through my suitcase, desperately trying to find something suitable to wear. In the end I choose some denim jeans with a chain, gray t-shirt with a random design on. I grabbed my necklaces, rings and watch. I dried myself off before putting my jeans and top on. I walked back into the bathroom and put my necklaces round my neck and my watch on my wrist. I towel dried my hair before looking in the mirror and sorting it out. ‘I need to re-do my red streaks.’ I thought looking in the mirror. My phone started ringing. I went back into the bedroom and picked up my vibrating phone from the bed. I flipped it up and pressed it to my ear.

“Hey?”

“Heyaaaa.” James.

“You here?” I asked.

“Yepperssss. Outside in a car, waiting for you to get your butt down here.”

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” I said holding the phone between my ear and shoulder so I could put on my shoes.

“Well hurry up.” He said before hanging up. I sighed and placed my phone in my pocket before grabbing my hat and putting it on my head and grabbing my jacket and room key and walking out the door.

I jogged down the stairs while putting on my jacket. I walked out the main entrance, smiling to the door person. I spotted James leaning against a black car. He was wearing black jeans, a red top and a black, zipped-up hoodie. I walked over to him.

“Criss!” He shouted and launched himself at me. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, getting some strange looks from the random people outside the hotel.

“Hey James.” I said, hugging him back. He tightened his arms around me. “James, I can’t breathe.” He let go and looked at me with a cheeky grin.

“Sorry. I’ve just missed you.” I smiled

“I missed you too.” I said. He opened the door to the car and climbed in. I followed and climbed in after him.

“So where is this party?” I asked, once the car was moving.

“At my friend’s house.” He said looking at me.

“What?” I asked.

“I like the red in your hair.” He said staring at me.

“Thanks.” I said smiling.