I'll Freak Your Mind

Chapter Quatro

3rd Person POV

Dee watched Noel furiously as he left the party with Criss. She knew perfectly well why he wasn’t going back to their shared apartment. She sighed, choosing not to stress over the fact that her boyfriend had wanted to go home with a male friend instead of her that night. He obviously thought she was going to seduce him or something.

Yeah, as much as she wanted to, she doubted he would fall for any of her sly tricks tonight. Recently, it had been getting harder and harder. If only she could make Noel jealous... angry, even. Anything to make him see how right they were together! But she couldn’t understand why Noel was being so pissy with her tonight; wasn’t she allowed to have a bit of fun at a party?
She scowled, and looked over at James, who was also watching the door Criss and Noel had left through... with a hint of... jealousy?

James glared at the door. When he had seen Criss and Noel leave together... his blood had practically threatened to burn his skin. Jealousy and drunken anger coursed through him as he thought about the two of them going back to Criss’s hotel room.
Sure, Noel was apparently straight... but then again, so had James been a few months ago!

Had Criss not noticed James’ attempts at flirting with him tonight? Well, he reasoned, it seems that Criss was not the only oblivious person tonight. Noel. Was the same thing happening again? Even if neither Criss nor Noel could see it, it was obvious there was a mutual attraction between the pair.
It’s not fair James thought furiously. I’ve liked Criss for months... Noel knows him for ONE fucking evening, and they go home together!

Two could play at that game...

James looked over at Dee, who he realised was staring at him too.

Smirking to himself, James sidled up to Dee, a plan forming in his hurt, drunken mind...

James’ POV

“Want to dance?” I asked Noel’s girlfriend. Dee, I think her name was. She flashed her white teeth at me, eyes not entirely focused.

It was blatantly obvious; to me anyway, that Criss had checked him out several times in the last half hour. I wished Criss would check me out, just once. Then maybe he would want more...

I so badly wanted to get back at Noel for taking Criss away from me tonight... I had plans dammit!

So, when I looked over at a drunk Dee, who had seen them leave too... A plan started to form in my head.

Noel deserved it for what he had done, after all.

Dee’s POV

I looked at James, and grinned as I grabbed his hand and moved further out into the centre of the room.

After my 7th beer, I started to lose myself in the music. Grinding myself against James seemed like the natural thing to do, as he grabbed my hips, his breath hot on my neck.

Suddenly, he spun me around. It was quite obvious that he wasn’t as drunk as me, and I hiccupped, as he helped me keep my balance.

He leant in closer, “How about we go someplace quieter?”

I giggled, and slurred, “My plass ur yoooours jamieee?”

Maybe this was exactly the thing to make Noel jealous! Of course I won’t go too far... James is probably just kidding anyway.

3rd Person POV

Smiling to himself, James whispered, “My place is a long way from here, Honey... how about we go to yours instead?”

Dee gulped, and stopped giggling as she realised he was serious. Then a small smile flitted over her lips, as if she had made up her mind.

The smile turned into a grin, as she grabbed his face, and smashed her lips against his, in a sloppy, drink-fuelled kiss.

She broke the kiss, her unfocussed eyes darting around his face, and she grabbed his elbow, pushing him out the front door.

Ten minutes later, James and Dee were staggering up the stairs of her apartment block, most of their clothes discarded on the way there in a frenzy of feverish, intoxicated kisses. They stood outside her door, panting as she fumbled to find the right key to the apartment she and Noel shared.

She found it, and they fell into the apartment, a tangle of limbs and saliva, staggering towards the bedroom...

****

The Next Morning

Noel awoke to find he had rolled over to Criss’s side of the bed in the night. He quickly removed his arm from around Criss’s slim waist, so as not to be embarrassed when Criss woke up.

He sighed, thinking about the events of the night before. He felt so bad for leaving Dee at the party alone. James probably found some other friend to hang out with, leaving Dee all by herself, he thought sadly, as pang of guilt waved through him.

What was he even thinking? Leaving with Criss was a bad idea... Dee was his girlfriend! And the steadiest one he’d had in a long time, too. What if she’d been hurt...?

No, Noel shook his head, trying to get rid of the thought that dared to enter his mind. When that didn’t work, he started banging his head against the headboard.

He jumped when Criss suddenly rolled over to look at him. Apparently, he had not been asleep. Damn.

“What the hell are you doing?” Criss asked, placing his hand behind Noel’s head to prevent him from hurting himself on the hard wood.

Noel sunk down, and pulled the covers over his head, shrouding himself in darkness.

Criss pulled the covers back again, so he could see Noel’s tired face. “Hey, what’s wrong?" he asked softy.

“I shouldn’t be here,” Noel muttered, sitting up and swinging his legs over the side of Criss’s bed.

“Is this about Dee?” Criss asked, wanting to know what the matter was with his new friend.

Noel sighed, “Yeah. I should never have left her alone at the party. She’s gonna be so mad at me...” he rubbed his temples, trying to relieve the pain of his hangover.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure she’ll forgive you if you go now, and wake her up with a nice cup of coffee... right? Besides, it’s James we should be worried about... He probably had a giant orgy and slept with half the men at that fuckin’ party!” Criss joked, pleased that Noel was smiling now.

Noel felt better. “Yeah, you’re right. I’d better go now, so I can be there when she wakes up. Thanks for letting me stay here, Criss.”

“No problem. Nice to meet you. Maybe we can meet up again sometime?” Criss asked hopefully.

“Yeah, definitely. Sounds good,” Noel replied, grinning to himself, as he got dressed. Criss chucked his phone at Noel.

"Type in your number," he said. Noel did what he was told and passed Criss back his phone.

"Text me your number, I've got to go," Noel said before walking out the door.

****
Noel was humming cheerfully to himself as he opened the door to his and Dee’s apartment. He noted the mess around the door, figuring Dee crashed into stuff because of her drunken state last night.

He made her coffee just the way she liked it; black, with four sugars, and made his way to the closed bedroom door, the steaming cup of coffee in his hands.

He pushed the door with his foot and switched on the light.

“Oh shit.”