Just Your Average Love Story

Just Your Average Love Story 1

The cool summer breeze gently swept across my face. The sun sank behind the clouds, and I wished it wasn't August. It was about summer's end, but I did't want it to go. The slumber parties, endless nights, hanging out with someone 24/7. Now that school's almost here it'll be a little bit harder. I hate school. I see more of my parents, enemies, and some creeps.
"Em! come inside right now" screamed by bestie, Jena.
Jena was a natural blonde with brown eyes, and is the prettiest and most "popular" girl in our school. I'm nothing compared to her, I'm just a normal brown haired girl with pale blue eyes. Of course I don't like my hair looking like total crap, so I died it black with neon streaks.
"What?" I asked, a little pissed, because I was watching the sunset and thinking of a certain someone...
"Well, you know how you don't have a boyfriend?"
"How could I not? It's my life."
"Well, yea, um. About that, I got you a blind date!"
"A what?!"
She knew I didn't like blind dates, she just didn't know the reason. I, Emma Jones, am in love with Parker Heffrin. Parker is my friend who is very cute, laid back, funny, cool guy. But I can't let anyone know I like him. You see, he's going out with my worst enemy, and she'd make my life a living hell. No, literally, she's the devil. She has real red hair, a glare that could kill, an ugly face, and crappy outfits. I mean, sure, she'd gladly have seex with anyone, but, why would you want that in a girlfriend? She cheats on him all the time, too. We've all told him, but he's waaaaaaaaaaaaay to stubborn to believe us. But anyways, I'm getting sidetracked.
"A blind date!!" she repeated.
"A WHAT?!" I said again.
"Em, I didn't know you were this stupid. A blind date. It's a date where your friends - or other people - set you up with someone you don't know."
"I freaking know what a blind date is, Jen. I just don't wanna go on a blind date."
"Too bad, so sad. You're going on that date. And you can't look like shit, so let's get movin'!"
"W-w-w-wait, it's tonight!?"
"Y-y-y-yes it is tonight." she said, imitating my stuttering.
"WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER??!!"
"Don't flip out on me, your the one in need of a boyfriend. I just wanted to help."
"You know, you really suck right now."
"Well everyone has to suck sometime, sweetie."
I hated how she was always trying to set me up with guys, and the worst part was, I had to go no matter what. Jena is very demanding, that's her worst trait. So she made me put on a nice outfit of hers. She gave me a turquoise low-cut blouse and ripped skinnies. Then, she gave me a cute heart necklace and started my makeup. She put on some blush, she made my eyes all smokey, gave me eyeliner, and last and least, fake eyelashes. I mean sure, they're cool, but DAMN. They hurt!
"D'ya like it?" Jena asked me.
"I love it," I said truthfully.
"Okay, well yea, let's go."
"Where are we going?"
"A new foncy club." (Yes, that's how she says fancy.) Oh no, a club. I'm probably going to be the one closest to sober and have to drive everyone home. She just ALWAYS had to do this to me, of all people. Why not Sammie? I mean, sure, I love Sammie like a sister and all, and she's one of my bitchez, but really. Why me?
I really don't see how Lhester (her boyfriend) always can deal with her. Okay, now what should I say? Eh, I'll just lie. It's not that hard to lie to her, like it is with Sammie.
"That's awesome!!!" I lied.
"Great!! Now let's go."
We pulled up and- no. I'm hallucinating. It can't be. Parker's here.
We got put of the car and I thought to myself, "Fuck. Fuck, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck."
"Why do you keep saying 'fuck' Em? Are you thinking of what you wanna do tonight?" Jena asked.
"Ew! Hell no! For all I know, that guy could be a rapist!" I exclaimed.
"How optimistic(*sarcastic*)"
"I know right?!(*sarcastic*)"
"OH EM GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Didn't I pick you a hott one?"she said, pointing at this amazingly hot emo guy.
"Yea," I said, nodding my head vigorously (maybe just a little bit TOO vigorously).
Now that fucking idea didn't sound too bad. Let's hope I didn't say THAT out loud.
Jena and I walked up to him- no, more like Jena DRAGGED me to him.
"Hi, I'm Adam," he said in a cute little shy voice.
"THIS IS EMMA! CALL HER EM," Jena SCREAMED in our ears. Ow. I think I'm deaf.
"I think I can introduce myself, Jen!" I said, a little mad because she screamed in my ear oh so loudly.
"Yea but your shy and you-" I cut her off.
"Okay, well, see ya inside!"
"Okay," she said a little disappointed and walked away.
"Um, Adam.....I'm sorta sorry, but I didn't want to come. I didn't even know aboout this until like...an hour ago," I said.
"It's okay. I just wanted to have fun," he said, grinning.
"Okay! Let's go inside!"
The line took a whole friggin hour. People kept cutting and suddenly I had an idea.
"Adam!! Follow me!" I said.
"Okay???"he answered.
"Don't worry, it'll be okay," I reassured him.
"OK."
I grabbed Adam's arm and ran to the front of the line. Thank God, noone noticed. Then, the scary guard guy at the front just let us in! The club was worse than I expected. People were so drunk they passed out, and this opened an hour ago! Wow. Let's hope Adam's not a drinker!!
Crap. I see Jena, and it's not pretty. Poor Lhester's passed out and Jena's *gag* making out with this gross looking guy. I mean, I wouldn't cheat on my boyfriend or anything, but if I did, I would at least pick a hot guy. Ew.. This is the most disgusting place. And I can't help but steal glances to look over at Parker. Ew. He's with his-*Shudders*- girlfriend. How can he let her suck his face off like that? I have to leave. Now.
"Hey Adam?" I asked.
"Yeah, Em?"
"C-can we go?"
"Yeah, of course. How 'bout we go to Taco Bell?"
"Why there?"
"I haven't been there in EVER!!!"
I laughed, "I haven't either."
"Okay! Let's go!!!"
And so we left for Taco Bell! It was awesome. I got a number 8 no lettuce extra cheese and Adam got a pizza thing. We sat down and ate. When we were done, Adam started waving at people. He waved at one girl, and she winked at him and blew a kiss. That scared him soo much, his face was PRICELESS. I laughed and I almost peed my pants.
"What's so funny?" he asked.
"Y-*laughter*-your fa-*laughter*fa-*laughter*face!" and I meant it. Literally. Oh yeah!
"Your so nice(*sarcastic*)!"
"No, really! The look on your face, you dum dum!"
"Oh."
"Well, uh, I have school tomorrow. My friend just dragged me into this blind date that I didn't know about."
"My friend did that, too."
"Hey, how about you give me your number and I'll write mine down so we can hang out!"
"Okay! Gimme your phone!"
"Here! Ugh!"
I gave him my phone and wrote down my number, which you do NOT need to know. Oh! Yay! I got my phone back.
"Mmmmmkay, bye!" I said.
He just nodded his head. Well, isn't that just nice (*note my sarcasm*)?
Apparently, Jen's still at the club, so I have to walk all the way back to her house. As I was walking back, I was really happy I went on that blind date. I made a really awesome, and of course, hawt, friend tonight. AND, since we didn't stay in the club, I had fun. If we stayed in the club, I would've stared at Parker the whole time. Keep walking, Em, keep walking. After I walked for what felt like forever, I was at Jena's house. Grrrr. Her parents came back early. I feel in the mood to climb up to her window. OR, better yet, walk through the door.
When I walked in, her dad was passed out on the couch and her mom was watching TV.
"Where's Jena?" her mom asked.
I told her the story. She didn't really care. All she did was hope that Jen didn't get caught by the police drinking and driving. What a caring mother (*note my sarcasm*).
Then, I went up to Jena's room. The clock said 1:08, but who cares? I just automatically fell asleep.
Then, someone was shaking me awake. I checked the clock, and it said 5:49. After that, I looked up to see Jena.
"Jena! What the fudge! Why the hell are you waking me up at 5:49 in the morning?!!" I screamed.
"You have to tell me what happend, silly!" she said. Oh joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter!! woot! now let me tell you this, i don't update that frequently.