Status: Halted

Born Wild, Turned pet...To a Vampire

The Kitten

My ear twitched, I woke up. It's an old habit from the wild. When I realized I was in no immediate danger I began to groom my tail. The sound came again, footsteps. Devlen was coming. I had to keep calm.

The door opened, closed, and locked shut. In my peripheral vision I saw him looking into my cage.

"Keeping your beautiful coat clean, I see." He smirked, I ignored him.

*Be nice.* I reminded myself.

"Your buyer will definitely love you coat, but probably not you, because how horribly trained you are. That will reflect on ME!" That set me off. First a grumble rose in my chest then I began hissing. All he cared about was him, we didn't matter. We were a sub species. We didn't deserve anything more then a cage.

If looks could kill he would be dead five times over and if the bars weren't there, well he would be in an indescribable amount of pain, in an infinite cycle of death. I smiled at the idea.

"What did I say about HISSING!! You dumb bitch." He pulled out the bottle of granite infused water, I shrunk into the corner. But instead of spraying me he held up a kitten and aimed the water at her.

*NO!* I went mad. I attacked the bars, ignoring the pain, and going on all instinct to save the kitten.

"Well,well,well I've hit a never now haven't I?" He smirked. "Maybe I'll spray her, maybe I won't." The kitten was mewing in fear.

*It will hurt! Help! Don't let him hurt me! Lady!* She was screaming in panic. Then Devlen just walked out. He wouldn't let me save her! She could be dying especially if he sprayed to much. Two sprays could kill her.

Awkward sobs overtook me. I felt a lose over the poor kitten, she had barely lived and didn't diverse to take my punishment. It was all my fault!

My sobs were so loud I didn't hear Devlen come in and put me in a harness and leash.

"Come on, girl." He looked down at me with sorrow in his eyes. He sounded very regretful.

I had no energy left to fight so I just look at the ground and followed him. During the walk I heard Devlen open and close his mouth several times. Then we stopped at a door.

"This is where we keep her." He opened the door and let me in. Then I saw the kitten, she had a weird expression on her face.

*I remember you, Lady. Who are you?*

*I am Giselle, you friend and protector....For now.* I quieted at the end.

*Okay!* She happily bounded over to me. *Giselle!* She rubbed against my leg. I nuzzled her. Then I picked her up by the scruff of her neck and carried her to the blanket, that was obviously her bed.

*I'm hungwy!* She looked up at me, her eyes pleading.

*Do you eat meat yet?*

*No, and they took away my bottle!* She sounded at the edge of tears.

*Why would they do that?* I asked, confused.

*My teeth came in two days ago, and they said I should eat meat. So now I'm hungwy, and can't eat because my teeth hurt!*

*Two days is hardly enough time for you gums to stop hurting.* I laid down so my stomach was facing her. *Come here little one, have a drink of what nature intended for you to have.*

*Are you pregnant?*

*Is that what they told you? That we only lactate when we're pregnant, or have kittens of our own.* She nodded. *Well they lied. Usually we live in packs, so we always have to be ready to feed children if a mother goes missing, or we find abandoned kittens in the woods.*

*That makes sense!* She came over to me, I grunted a little when she latched on.

*Mmmm!* She purred. *This is so good- so much better then the stuff in the bottle.*

*Because this is the food your body is made to take in, not the artificial sh-crap the feed you.*

*Mmmm.* She replied, I chuckled.

Devlen's P.O.V.

She didn't know there was a one way window that I could watch her through. She had passed both test. She was definitely ready to breed.

"She's ready." Chloe, her registered buyer, said.

"Her attitude needs adjustment." I informed her.

"It doesn't look like it. She looks well behaved."

"She with a kitten, she won't fight unless she's protecting it."

"The whole point I have a male is to breed her. She would have her own kittens so enough."

"Is Lark here? I have yet to meet him."

"I will go get him."

"I'll tell her you and Lark want to meet him." Chloe nodded and walked out.

I opened the door and walked in with my hands in front of me in a 'I mean you no harm' gesture. "Giselle." I called. "Someone wants to meet you.

*Can it wait? She's almost done, and almost asleep.* She looked down at Hera lovingly. Wait, was Hera...? Never in my years of training the Cats have I ever seen any thing like this. Most Cats would leave the kitten to fend for herself because the kitten was not her own. Giselle's mothering instincts were incredible.

*Why couldn't you give me a mommy like this before? Her milk is better then the bottled stuff.* I smiled at Hera's child like voice in my head.

"Because most mother's wouldn't take you in like Giselle did, Hera."

*Hera such a pretty name.* Giselle smiled. She was very calm and loving when a kitten was near. Obviously she didn't want to set a bad example for the kitten by attacking me at random.

*But if the others wouldn't take me in why would Giselle?*

*I came from a different pack. We are not like all the others.* There was a distinct sadness in her eyes.

"Here they come." I picked up their foot prints with my highly sensitive ears. "It's your buyer Chloe and her male Cat, Lark. You are very lucky Chloe is your buyer, she makes sure her pets, well now only you and Lark, have everything they want and are as comfortable as can be."

*Okay. I guess I have to give in eventually.* She was putting on a show; her facade was easy to see through.

"Devlen? Are you in there?" Chloe's voice was right outside the door.

"Yes. Come in."

*Do I really get to see her now?* The male's voice sounded in my head. They entered the room.

*Hello.* Giselle greeted them.

*Your coat is beautiful.* Lark's eyes widened.

"Your kittens will look beautiful." Chloe said and smiled warmly.Then Lark made his move and laid next to her.

*If I was feeding a kitten...* She tsked and hissed at him. He chuckled. *Please, don't lay here.* She begged.

*Not gonna happen.* He sounded cocky.

*She's asleep.* Giselle announced. She then groomed the kitten slightly and stood up. *You can take me now.* She bowed her head. Chloe nodded and clipped the collar to the harness.

"Take care girl, you will be an amazing mother." I muttered as the walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay ch. 2 the next day.

Oh yeah, so I'll be able to update a lot cause its SUMMER BREAK!! Yay! Well it's been summer break all weak...but oh well... So you guys are lucky, I probably up date again today....

Now I'm off to bake sugar cookies :)

Bye!