You Implied That You Would Wait for Me

You Implied That You Would Wait For Me Chapter 16

“Alright, be safe,” my mom said as Avery and I packed up the car.
“We will be fine,” I said putting our things in the trunk.
“Do you need the GPS?” she asked as Avery walked over to her.
“I think we’ll be fine. My uncle and aunt take me to their beach house every year, we’ll be fine,” Avery said smiling at her.
“Yeah, mom, chill out,” I said.
“Be safe,” my dad said coming out of the house.
“Why can’t I go?” Grace asked pouting.
“Because this is my vacation away from you,” I said smiling as Avery and I got into the car.
“Ready?” I asked putting on my seat belt.
“Yup,” she said smiling at me.
I backed out of my drive away slowly. Once on the street we waved to my family before heading off.
Avery played around with the radio before stealing on a station.
“Once I’m on the highway where do I go?” I asked her as I drove closer to the highway entrance.
“I’ll let you know,” she said taking out the directions her aunt gave her.
Six and a half hours later we were still driving and Avery had fallen asleep.
“Wake up, honey,” I said slightly nudging her.
“What?” she said, stretching.
“Do you want to take over? I’m getting hungry.”
“Um, sure, give me a few moments to wake up.”
“Sure, can you reach the lunch boxes in the back seat?”
She nodded her head as she reached behind us and grabbed the two lunch boxes that my mom packed for us.
She opened hers and took out a sandwich. “Peanut butter and jelly?” she asked smiling.
“Traditional,” I said turning up the radio. “This is my song!” I said speeding up.
Avery laughed as I sang along to the words. Once she was done eating I pulled over and we switched sides.
I eat my lunch and took a two hour nap. Once I woke up Avery told me that we had eight more hours left.
“Shit. We should have left out earlier…” I said running my hand through my hair.
“Yeah, but we still have a few more hours of sunlight.”
“Let me know when you want to switch,” I said.
“Okay. Do you have the directions?”
“Yes I do,” I said taking them out of the glove compartment.
“Good,” she said turning up the radio.
“One direction?” I asked making a face.
“They’re so good!”
***********
We reached Avery’s aunt’s and uncle’s beach house around eleven o’clock.
“Okay so what do you want to do first?” I asked jokingly.
She laughed and fell on the bed. “Sleep.”
I smiled and headed into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and got ready for bed.
Avery went in after me and came out shortly. I was already in bed when she joined me.
“Good night,” she said kissing me.
“Night,” I said turning off the light.

Only a few chapters left!

Like this story? Vote for it.
http://quizilla.teennick.com/polls/23846660/what-stories-do-you-want-me-to-upload