Status: done.

Cynical Dreamer

part 2 of 2

Curiosity rushed through his veins. He felt like his heart was about ready to explode. Never in his life has he felt this way. He always knew exactly what he felt, but right now, he couldn't tell his right hand from his left.

He took a sip of his drink, not taking his eyes off a beauty dancing by herself. How gracefully she moved for someone so gone. Since the moment she walked into his house, he couldnt take his eyes off of her.

"Who is this stranger?" He asked himself. There were many strangers in his home at this point, but he was trying to figure out this specific one.

He was drawn to her, but he wasnt sure how he felt about her. There was something that troubled him about her. A part of him wanted to fix that, another part told him to stay away.

"Stop staring" his friend nudge him in the gut.

"What's her name?" was his only reply. That was his personnel mission; to get her name, thats it. Though, he soon realized his mission was a lot harder than he thought. Everyone he asked didnt know a single thing about her, It was almost like she was a ghost that just walked into his life.

"Who is this damn girl?" He asked himself again, but with more passion.

All he did was drink and watch the gorgeous mess of a girl. She stumbled on her own feet and found her kicks in the attention any guy would give her. God, he hated those kind of girls. He wanted to hate her too, but there was something about her that he couldnt resist. Maybe it was her red hair that flamed his soul, or her green eyes that reminded him of summer memories. Whatever it was, it was surely driving him insane.

The more he watched her, the more he felt like he knew her. He dug through his brain for any memories he could recall. There was nothing coming to him; this made him mad. He knew her, he just didnt know from where; but damn, he swears he knows her.

He chugged his beer as his rival slithered his arm around her waist. He blood boiled under his skin, his cheeks flushed red, and I swear his brown eyes flashed green with envy for a split second. He didnt know what he hated the most: him getting her or her enjoying it. He didnt want to admit it, but he was jealous. Now that was something he surely knew.

"I need air," he said as he dismissed himself from his group of friends. Its not like he was fully there that night; he would be doing them a favor.

He went through the sliding door. Crisp air filled his lungs; it was almost refreshing. A dull ache hit his heart. He knew he wasnt alone.

Slowly, he turned around. She stood only inches away from him. She was too perfect to be human. He didnt want to move, in fear that this moment wasnt real.

Her mouth spoke words, but no sound came out. He watched her in her beautifully reckless state. It felt like an eternity as he watched her; still no words spoken, but at this point, he knew everything about her.

He didnt want her to feel that hurt anymore, nor did he want to be the drug that numbed her. He just wanted to protect her, to shower her she didnt have to walk this world alone anymore. He knew at that moment, and forever on, he wanted to love her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Done! Hope you liked it