Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

An Old Friend

It was already dark when I reached the place I wanted to go to. And as I stepped into the bit of light surrounding the place, I heard someone whisper my name in shock, and saw the person I wanted to see. Jacob Black.

"Aly?" He whispered.
"Hey Jake." I said and quickly walked toward him.
"Wow, you`ve really grown. . . up." I said, surprised at his height.
"Naw, you know why. Being a werewolf and stuff. So, why the sudden visit?" He asked as we sat on a bench.
"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to see my bestie." I lied.
"Oh, Aly, you know what? I would thank you for the compliment but, I know you`re lying, so don`t even try to fool me. So, really, why the rush to come here?" He asked.
"Aly, what`s wrong?" He asked again when I didn`t answer his previous question.
"Just stressed, that`s all." I said.
"Oh. Tell me all about it." He frowned.
"I just feel like I`m going to lose someone very important to me." I said, letting a few drops of tears fall to the ground, then quickly wiped them away.

I told Jacob about everything and he comforted me. I felt a bit better after this. But it`s getting late and I decided to go back to Oregon. I knew that Edward and I might get into a fight because of what I did, but I hope he lets me explain before screaming at me. I was back at the Cullen`s house before I knew it. I saw Rosalie`s convertible, Emmett`s jeep, Carlisle`s Mercedes, Alice`s Porsche and Edward`s silver Volvo. I felt lonely and worried again at the same time. I went inside quietly and was surprised when I didn`t see everyone. I rushed to Edward`s room quietly and saw them there.

"Alyssa!" Esme breathed and walked over to hug me.
"Where were you? I couldn`t see you. Where have you gone?" Alice said-obviously worried.
"I think we should leave Edward and Alyssa alone. They need to talk about this." Carlisle said, then they all left the room.

I felt my eyes water-again-but didn`t let them fall. I looked at Edward and saw him looking at the floor. I started to walk toward him, but he didn`t move.

"Alyssa," his voice called out.
"Edward, I-I. . ." I started but couldn`t continue.

He then looked at me and I saw his eyes-puffy and a bit red. I don`t know if he`s been crying, because he`s a full-vampire and all-and I`m not sure if a vampire could really cry-but he looked so much in pain. I`ve never seen this side of him before. I walked closer to him and when he didn`t respond, I fell to my knees and before I knew it, I was covering my face with my hands and sobbing. I felt something cold wrap around me, and I quickly knew that it was Edward.

"Shh. Aly, shh. Don`t cry. Please." He pleaded me.
"I`m sorry. . ." I sobbed.
"Shh. You don`t have to be sorry." He said, not letting go of me.

I tried my best to calm my self down, and eventually, I did.

"I don`t mean to be rude, but why didn`t you tell me earlier?" He asked-his voice soft-after all the sobs.
"I don`t want to lose you." I said plainly.
"You`re not. Okay? Don`t think about that. . ." He said trailing off.
"Yeah, sure, I`ll try. Goodnight, I`m going to sleep." I said softly.

I really wanted to get some sleep after everything that happened today. And for once, I wished that I wouldn`t even wake up anymore. I felt the want to be dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's 15. Also, I wanna say thank you to everyone who commented and will still comment on my story. :) Hope you like this one. :))))