Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Confusion

Edward finally knew about Alice`s vision then. At that moment, I was starting to lose hope about the survival of our relationship. Pft. The result-Edward refused to leave my side after what happened.Yeah, right. Though he talks to Bella most of the time in school. He even invited her at our table! And most of the time only the two of them talked. I always stayed silent-just listening to their conversation or either thinking. And neither of them filled me in on what-the-hell-they`re-talking-about, like I wasn`t there with them, like I never existed. Even when I was with Edward I felt empty-alone. Maybe it`s because Bella was also there. I`m getting sick of them so I decided to give them both the 'silent treatment'. Pft, as if I cared about their feelings anymore. . . Or did I? Ugh.

Lunch. As usual, Edward waited for me at the door, though right now I walked past him like he wasn`t there.

"Hey, Aly wait up!" He called over to me and I turned around.
"What`s wrong?" He asked, concerned. Yeah, right. Psh!
"Oh um, can you tell Alice and the others that I`m skipping lunch today?" I asked quietly.
"What? Why? You don`t feel like eating?" He asked and I scoffed.
"Oh God! You talk like you eat anything!" I hissed and he looked so surprised with my reaction.
"Ugh, yes I don`t feel like eating and I have problems to 'solve' so just pass it along okay? I`m sorry but I`m not joining you today." I said and walked away but he caught my wrist.
"What the fuck, Edward Cullen?!" I can tell he was surprised with this because I avoided to use that kind of language when I`m talking to him. And right now, I just broke the rule.
"Alyssa. . . Tell me what`s wrong, please?" He pleaded.
"It`s just. . . Math Problems, Edward. I don`t need help. I`m trying to solve it on my own." I lied. Math problems, yeah, right. Since when did 'vampires' have a hard time in math? Psh.
"Well then I`ll help you to finish it." He said quickly. Oh right, Edward is a straight-A student.
"Uh, no thanks. I`ll meet you back at your house later." I said.
"What, you`re ditching class?" He asked-confused.
"It`s healthy to ditch class sometimes." I said-quoting him perfectly-and he frowned.
"Well, I guess I`ll see you `round Edward. You should go see Bella now, she might be waiting with the others for you." I said, getting out of his grip and quickly disappearing into the crowd of students at the hall.
"Yeah, Edward. She`s probably waiting for you. . . Waiting on the wings, for when you leave me." I growled-of course, he wouldn`t hear me anymore-and ran to their house.

* * *

"Whoa, and why are you back so early?" Asked Emmett-clearly surprised to see me.
"Bro. . ." I managed to say and then looked up at him. It didn`t take long for him to realize that I`ve been crying so he quickly went to my side and hugged me.

"It`s Bella`s fault isn`t it?" He asked and I nodded.
"Emmett, I think Edward. . ." I didn`t manage to finish my sentence but I`m pretty sure that Emmett got what I meant.

* * *

That night Edward and I straightened some things out. Or at least I think.

"Alyssa why do you keep thinking those kind of things?!" He asked angrily.
"Oh look who`s talking! You say that like you care about my feelings! You don`t like what I`ve been thinking huh? Why, because it`s about Bella? Since when did my thoughts hurt her?!" I snapped back at him.
"Alyssa. . . I didn`t mean to make you feel that way. It`s not like that. It`s just. . I`m just trying to befriend her. Why do you keep on thinking that she`s going to be more than a friend?" He asked, his voice softening.
"Why do you keep on entering my thoughts?" I questioned.
"Because I. . . Want to know what you`re thinking. . ." He admitted.
"See?! And because of that, we get into arguments when you don`t like what I`ve been thinking. That`s just plain stupid, you know. . ." I said.
"I`m sorry. . ." He whispered.
"I love you and will always do. Promise." He said as he took a large step and hugged me tightly.
"Edward. . . Don`t make promises you can`t keep." I said, but hugged him back-sighing as I did this.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) 16.