Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

New Friend

Left. Alone. Homeless. Yes, I abandoned the uh. . . infamous 'Cullen house'. And I`m not planning to return anytime soon.

"Hey! What`re you doing here?" A voice behind me asked and made me turn around.
"Um. . . Sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude. If you want, I’ll leave. . .” I said starting to leave, but the guy stopped me.
“I know that you’re not here for . . . a battle or what. But, I just wanted to know. . . if you`re a vampire?" He asked.
"Part of me. Why? What do you know about my kind?" I asked-observing him.
"Don`t worry, I was just asking. I`m Cam by the way. Another of your kind. Part shapeshifter, part vampire and part human right? We have almost all the same abilities. Mind-reading, blocking, incredible speed and strength. . . and shapeshifting." He said calmly.
"I thought I was the only one of my kind. I never thought I`d come across with any other." I said.
"Well now, there is only two of our kind. By the way, do you mind if I know your name?" He asked.
"Alyssa. You can call me 'Aly'. I prefer it better." I said-introducing myself.
"Well then, Aly. I`m a bit. . . advanced than you. Just a tiny bit of advantage though." He said.
"What makes you so special?" I said with an attitude.
"Besides of the fact that we`re actually almost the same. . . The only ability that I have and you don`t is blocking any other blockers. Do you understand?" He asked.
"What do you think of me, stupid? Hell, no. And yes, for your information, I got what you mean." I said then looked away.
"I think you would want me now to leave?" I asked.
"Not really. You know if you need a place to stay, I`d offer my place. Large guest bedroom. In a bedroom, it has a large bathroom, and a walk-in closet, for all the clothes. Don`t worry, I`m not going to ask you to pay up. You can live here for free. I mean, it would be great to know another one like me. Only if you`ll consider my offer, though. I`m not forcing you." He said, and then nodded his head to the house.
"Thanks. That would be nice. I`ve got loads of stuff though. . . I hope you don`t mind." I said.
"Nah, not really. You look like you ran away from home. You got lots of stuff with you. I`m amazed, actually. Because you managed to have a stopover all the way here with all those." He said pointing at my bags.
"Well, I am also a vampire, remember?" I reminded him.
"Right. So, let me help you with those. Then follow me to your room." He said and got my bags.

I followed him to a huge house. It somewhat reminded me of the Cullens' own since it also has a lot of white furniture. And it has almost the same structure. Though meeting another of my kind and asking for a place to stay makes me feel like a lost human. Which kind of irritates me because I`m not just a human. I`m so much more than that. He made me stay in a large room, so I thanked him then started unpacking.

* * *

"Hey Cam, sorry about the attitude over there a while ago. I didn`t mean it. I`ve just been through a rough day, that`s all." I apologized.
"Nah, it`s okay. Oh and uh, I promise I`ll try my best to control my abilities. . . You know, the mind reading stuff and blocking the blockers to still see through their minds. . . I`ll give you your privacy." He said with a sly smile.
"Thanks. ." I replied.
"So. . . what do you want to do?" He asked.
"I don`t really know." I said.

Another one who understands me - cool. I guess it wouldn`t hurt if I tried to get to know him, right?
I cleared my throat and started talking. . .

"So, uh, Cam. . . Did you experience 'loving' someone?" I asked.
"Yeah. Hmm, twice, I think." He said with a chuckle though it had a hint of sadness hidden in it.
"How was it? Was it bad?" I asked with concern in my voice.

I don`t know why I was concerned about this guy or why I trusted him and agreed to stay in his place, but all I know was I felt safe here. With him. Maybe it`s just because he`s like me and he understands me. Then suddenly I wanted to be friends with this guy. I know what I felt from the very moment that I met him. I felt like I don`t want to lose him. That I cannot lose him - because there are only two of us. And I wouldn`t want to abandon him like that. I felt like he`s someone important. Like he`s a part of me already - my family. The only real family I have - that`s simply like me.

"You can put it like that. I mean, when the person you like finds out that you like them and they simply don`t like you back, their instinct would be to avoid you. That`s based on my experience. That`s why I kept on trying to find that someone. Because before you came along, I was thinking the same thing. That I was the only one of my kind, but it turns out that there`s two of us. I thought that when I meet someone who`s just like me, the search would be over. Though, I guess it didn`t really happen, huh?" He explained.
"So, to sum it all up, do you mean you`re hurt? I mean, not physically, but emotionally?" I asked.
"I guess. . ." He trailed.
"How `bout you? Any tragic experiences?" He asked with a slight chuckle.
"I guess. . ." I started - imitating him.
"Care to share?" He asked.
"Oh, yeah. . . It was a break-up. Can you imagine me and a vampire?" I said - slightly laughing.
"Wow. A full-vampire?" He asked.
"Yeah. . ." I replied.
"Wow. I`d understand if you fell in love with a human, but a full-vampire? Woah. But how was it?" He asked - kind of amazed.
"It was. . . well, I think. It was just a while ago when that 'tragic thing' happened." I laughed.
"Oh. Sorry. I`m guessing that`s why you ran away?" He asked.
"Yeah. So, do you want to know how it all happened?" I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's Chapter 18, guys. Sorry for the wait. Been busy with schoolworks. :|