Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Lying

I felt someone staring at me. I heard Edward`s thoughts and felt him try to go nearer. I ran and he followed me. I knew he was fast, like me, and if I just keep on running, I wouldn`t lose him. I knew he would read my thoughts so I blocked him. Blocking is one of my abilities. If I bump into a mind reader and I wouldn`t want him/her to read my mind, I`ll just simply block them. I couldn`t seem to lose him even though I try. So, I decided using another strategy. Shapeshifting. It`s the only way to stop Edward from following me. I did the fold over type. Another flesh formed over my body. Like I`m wearing a full-body mask. I stopped and looked back. Edward was indeed there, but he stopped, a few feet away from me.

"Maegan?" He asked.

Brilliant. The fold over worked. He could see Maegan`s flesh but not me. I knew it. This would stop him. Good thing I knew how to control my thirst.

"I`m sorry for following you. I just thought you were . . . Alyssa. You were hunting?" He asked.

I just nodded and smiled at him. I read his thoughts and he`s decided to leave. Soon enough, he did. At last, I was alone. I went back to my own business, without Maegan`s flesh over mine, of course. Enough shapeshifting for now. Then I started to hunt.

* * *

I didn`t attend school yesterday. I went on my own the next day since I woke up 10 minutes late than my usual waking time. Means I didn`t have the chance to ride with the Cullens. It was better, anyway. So, Edward`s questions would be delayed. Nothing changed, though. I was still early. Oops. Early enough that still only the Cullens were there. I walked over to them in human speed. I knew Edward was going to ask, so again, I blocked him.

"Hi Alyssa!" Greeted Alice.
"Hey Alice. Jasper, Edward." I greeted all of them.

Edward was glaring at me. He was thinking again. So hard that if his brains could pop out, it would. Alice and Jasper weren`t really suspecting anything. Just Edward. Ugh. Here comes the questions.

"Where were you yesterday?" Edward hissed, still glaring at me.
"I was sick." I lied.
"Were you in the woods yesterday?" He asked.

I didn`t expect this. Did he see me? I knew he`d left before I turned back into my own skin. That`s impossible!

"No. I told you I was sick, how could I go into the woods when I`m sick? Besides, Maegan and Vernon don`t allow me to be in the woods alone. They say it`s too dangerous." I lied again, finally leaving his gaze.

Throughout the day, Edward and I didn`t speak. He was avoiding me. I didn`t expect this to happen. I thought I could keep my secret with him being curious but not avoiding me. But it was for the best. He doesn`t have to know about me. All he has to know is a bit of me. Being a human, that`s all he needs to know. Nothing else. At least, yet.
Classes ended, and I went straight home. Not wanting to see or argue with Edward anymore. I did my homeworks and thought.

'Tomorrow`s Saturday. Pft. Oh what fun, nothing to do. Stupid jobs they had! Weekdays, they`re too busy! We only meet every night at the dining table. They watch me eat. Since I`m the only one who can survive with food or blood. Saturday and Sunday, the three of them hunt! They always left me alone. Ugh.' I thought sarcastically before finally drifting to a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it. :))
her outfit for school
her outfit for Saturday and Sunday