Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Brother

"Alyssa should stay here, then." Edward suggested.
"No. I can't. I have to go back for Cam. If the Volturi's coming then it would be better if Cam is with us." I said.
"He can handle himself." Edward said coldly.
"Edward!" I said, shocked.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled.
"Fine. Take everything you need. Take him with you then come back here. You're both safe here." Carlisle said.
"I'm going now." I said as I stood up.

Edward left and was back at my side in half a second. He handed me a paperbag with my gifts in it.

"Don't forget this." He said and gave it to me.
"We'll be back tonight. I'll just leave that here. I might forget it." I said and he nodded.
"Right." He smiled.
"I love you." Edward whispered when I was finally nowhere in sight.

***

"Cam!" I called out as I entered his room.
"Hey, you're back. I wanted to give you this." He said.

He gave me his gift and I explained everything to him.
We started packing our stuff and in half an hour, we were done.

"Okay, where are we going, again?" He asked.
"The Cullens. They said it'll be safer if we were with them when the Volturi comes." I said and we sped off to the Cullen residence.

When we arrived, Cam was quickly introduced and almost everyone got along with him-since he was just like me-except Edward. I didn't have to ask to know why. At some point, Cam fell asleep and Edward took that as a cue to drag me to his room.

"What is your problem, Edward Cullen?" I asked.
"Him. That guy you just brought here." He spat.
"Well, I remember introducing him to you, but in case you forgot his name, he's Cam." I said with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.
"Of course I know who he is." He growled.
"Then why don't you use his name than using 'that guy' to describe him?" I rolled my eyes while using air quotations.
"I just don't want to use his name." He smirked.
"Okay. That's your problem? Sure, don't use his name, I don't care." I smirked back.
"Is he. . . the one?" He froze.
"Look, Edward. I already told you that I have no one. Not even him." I said and turned my back on him.
"But, do you love him?" He asked.
"I guess I do." I finally said and walked out of his room.

'As a brother.' I wanted to add, but that would make him think that I still love him. And I can't let him know that. At least, for now, because both Cam's and my life is on the line. I need to concentrate. Or I would at least try. So that I could help during the battle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 22 up. :) If anyone's still reading this, lemme know. :)