Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Learn To Accept Defeat

The next few days after Edward asked me if I loved Cam, he locked himself in his room and refused to talk to anyone. When he decided to go out of his room, he just played the piano, and he didn't want to be bothered. I was also doing the same thing. I locked myself in my new room. The only person I talked to was Esme. I also refused to eat anything they gave me, and I started crying again.
I love Edward but I don't know if I can still be with him. The pain was still there. And everytime I look back, it just gets worse.

***

(CAM)

I knew that something was up between Edward and Alyssa because they both refused to talk to anyone. Hell, even Alyssa refused to eat anything. She would only talk to Esme, while he would just play sentimental songs on his piano.

"Hey, Edward." I called out as he passed by me and headed to his piano.

I know that he might not talk to me, but I'm still giving it a shot. I want to say it to him directly. In fact, I need to. Maybe it'd knock some sense into him.

"Look, I know we don't really talk or anything, and I know that we're not really in good terms, but I need to tell you something. It's about Alyssa." I said and he stopped playing.
"Where is she?" He murmured in a low voice, enough for me to hear.
"In her room. Carlisle asked Emmett to build her one last week. It's not really 'in' the house, though." I answered.
"What is she doing there?" He asked, with his back still turned to me.
"She's been locking herself there ever since you locked yourself in your own room. She only talks to Esme. She refused to talk to anyone else. She also refused to eat anything we gave her. Esme told me that she even heard her crying." I said and he froze.
"You know, the first day she went to my house was after your break-up. She told me the story about you two. She lived there for 5 years. Did you know that she cried almost everyday in the past four years? She then started becoming her old self, until we moved here. When you locked yourself, she also became depressed." I said and he didn't respond.
"Look, Edward. I love Alyssa, but I know that she still loves you. That's why I'm telling you this. Because I'm giving you a chance to make everything right again. Consider yourself lucky because I'm willing to give her up just for now. Make her happy again. But if she chooses me in the end, please learn to accept your defeat. Though if she comes back to you, I'll learn to accept mine." I said and walked away, not waiting to hear if he'd respond.

***

(ALYSSA)

"We're going hunting, dear. Would you like to come?" Esme asked.

I shook my head no and she frowned.

"Alyssa, you haven't even been eating anything. Please come with us." She pleaded.
"I'm okay, really. Don't worry about me." I smiled lightly.

She nodded and turned to leave.

"Esme?" I called out before she left.
"Yes?"
"Is Cam coming?" I sighed.
"Oh, don't worry about that, dear. He is. Actually, he insisted to go with us." She said and I nodded.

About an hour after they left, I decided to get out of my room, for once. I walked in the house and drank some water.
I heard some footsteps behind me so I quickly turned around, but saw no one. The very first thought that came to mind was that it might be the Volturi.
Maybe they've seen that the others would be hunting, and decided to attack knowing I was alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally got the chance to put up 23. :)