Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

I've Got Time

'Finally Saturday. Oh, joy. I`m all alone!' was the first thought that came into mind when I woke up.

I sat at the couch and watched MTV. Someone rang the doorbell. I didn`t try to know who they were. I wanted to act human today. Not that I didn`t act human at all, but my abilities which I call 'lucky guesses' kept on surprising people. It rang again so I groaned and answered it.
I was surprised to see Edward Cullen.

"What do you want?" I said a bit harshly and he came in.
"Well, goodmorning to you too." He chimed in.
"Wow. I`m surprised. You decided to drop the attitude. Why?" I asked. Curious.
"Look, Alyssa. . ." he started and sat at the couch.
"What?" I said folding my arms across my chest.
"I`m sorry. I know I shouldn`t have pushed your limits." He apologized.
"It`s okay." I said and sat next to him.
"Hey, where`s everyone?" He asked.
"Oh. Saturdays and Sundays, they go hunt."
"Well, is it okay if you spent the day with me?" He asked.
"Yeah, sure, why not. Let`s just get out of here." I said as I turned off the TV and stood up.
"Okay. I know the perfect place." He chuckled.
"Climb on my back." He asked and I did as he told.
"Hold on tight."

Then he ran into the woods. I wasn`t surprised. I usually ran like this when I was alone. Or with my family. I was enjoying the whole ride. We finally came to a halt. I climbed down and stood with both my feet.

"We`re here." He said as he grabbed my hand and entered a meadow.

The view was wonderful. I wondered why I didn`t find this when I went in the woods. I noticed that his hand never left mine even when we came to sit on the ground. I stared at our hands and felt something. Something unusual. I don`t know what it is. I felt, sparks, and fireworks, and chills-all at the same time.

"Are you afraid?" He asked which caused me to look back at him.
"No. I`m not. I trust you."

As soon as the words slipped out my mouth, it sounded true. I really did trust him already, didn`t I?
'Oh crap.I`m not falling for him, am I? Ugh.' I thought.
I let go of his hand and started a new topic.

"Tell me about your transformation." I asked.
"Well, my parents died with the Spanish Influenza in 1918. The disease spread in the whole town. And I knew I was next. I was at the hospital when Carlisle changed me. It was hard. He said he wouldn`t do it to anyone who has any other options. And I didn`t have any other choice. It was either I die or I live forever. Carlisle granted my mother`s wish to save me. And so he did and he chose to let me live forever. And here I am." He explained.
"Edward, If I asked you to change me, would you?" I asked. Just curious of his answer.

Of course I wasn`t really going to ask him to change me. I`m already like him. He just doesn`t know it yet. But with what I asked, his reaction from calm changed to angry. Or at least I thought he was.

"You wouldn`t want that." His voice came through his gritted teeth.
"You have a lot of human things you have yet to experience! I don`t want you to be a monster like me. Alyssa, you must understand me. This isn`t what you want. I don`t want you to miss all the human things I didn`t do when I was changed. Please. Living like this is difficult. I don`t want you to suffer the same fate I have." He said as he calmed himself and cupped my face in his hands.
"Don`t worry. I`m not asking you to change me anyway. Neither am I looking forward on you doing it." I said and gave him a smile.

He finally smiled back, and hugged me. Everytime he touched me, I felt like I already want to tell him what I am. But I kept holding myself back. I`ll tell him when the time is right. Good thing I was still blocking him. He still wouldn`t be able to peep in my thoughts. And he still wouldn`t know what I`m thinking. All I know is that for once, I`m kind of thankful that all three of them left me alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3. :)
outfit