Status: Finished.

Momma Bear

1/1

The weather had been crazy for early June; it really was too hot, I think, as I slip off Blake's large Bruin's sweatshirt. It wasn't anywhere close to “cool” in the apartment room that Blake and I shared, even in a thin tank top. I slowly stood from my bed, dropping my jeans to go find a pair of his boxers.

The nearest ones I could find were navy blue, plaid of course. For some odd reason, I loved it when men wore plaid boxers. I slipped them on, flopping back on my bed; waiting. I needed to see Blake, he's been gone for about a week. I know it wasn't very long, but I craved for him. I could honestly say, he makes me feel at home, so I grabbed his sweatshirt. I clutched the gold and black fabric close to me; no, I didn't care how hot it was. His smell brought me to a happy mood- him himself made my day complete.

Pressing my nose against the hoodie, I inhaled the sweet aroma of Axe, mixed with some other scent that was his own. I don't know if anyone else realizes this, but all guys have a distinct smell- it tells you it's them. Even if you can't always describe it correctly. I shut my eyes, imagining him laughing at all the other times he'd catch me wearing his clothing. It didn't bother him, because it made me feel alright. And that's what I loved about him; he's happy if I'm happy.

I had apparently dozed off, because the next thing I could remember was the mattress dipping as someone climbed on; their grasp winding around me and resting on my stomach. The soft lips upon my cheek and damp strands of what felt like hair dragged across the side of my face. My eyes flew open; my head turned to my left only to see Blake's grinning face. Always cheery. His face was flushed under the dim light, and his honey-blonde hair was darkened by water. He smelt fresh, but his hair smelt like mine. “Have you been using my Aussie again?” I giggled.
“Maaaybe,” his deep voice was in my ear.

A smile broke across my face as I turned in his arms, which tightened around me to hold me closer. My lips reached his, a soft peck is what I laid. I applied a bit more force; his lips were something I longed for. He even applied the same effort. I took it that he missed me as much as I had missed him. We broke apart, but he rubbed his nose against mine in an “Eskimo” kiss. I giggled again.

“I missed you, Rache,” his thumbs were now rubbing circles in the small of my back.
“Like I didn't miss you.”
He chuckled, “Is that why you were sleeping with my boxers on and cuddling with my hoodie?” he pointed out.
“Yeeeah, kinda.”
“That's cute.”
“You're cute,” I grinned, as he kissed my nose to my response; my favorite.

We stared into each others eyes, his green-blue ones shining like a special gem, emerald with aqua. Most people didn't like his, oh, but I loved them. Was there one thing that I didn't love on Blake? I didn't think so.

My hand trailed through his drying hair- he was growing it out. He looked exactly like he did when he was twenty years old. Adorable, as always.

“Let's do something,” I suggested.
“Mmm... Like what?”
I shrugged, “Park?”
He sat up instantly, still holding me to his chest in his arms, “You know me all too well. Put some pants on.”
“No, I wanna go just like this,” I rolled my eyes, my voice hinting sarcasm, and I wriggled out of his grasp; before he hit my head with the pillow.
My tiny frame ran from the bed, grabbing my pants along the way. Though, he threw the pillow at me.

He always continued our little incidents, always making us both laugh. God, we acted like such kids.

I gripped my stomach after putting my jeans on; I was hungry again. I sauntered back into my room, “Pssst... Can we stop and get something to snack on?” I bent to grab my paint splattered converse.
“I don't mind. I'm guessing honey roasted nuts again, am I right?”
I stuck my tongue out, “Yup.”
“Fine, fine, let's go,” he grabbed me after my shoes were on completely and laced up tight.

*-*-*

Already being finished with one of the fifty-four cent packages of nuts, we finally reached the park. The moonlight hit the cement path, guiding our way towards our favorite part; the swings. Lonely fireflies flew around, giving us a bit of company, even if they were just bugs. Fingers entwined, arms moving back and forth freely, I pulled him along, and sat quickly on one of the chain suspended seats. He dropped our hands; both of his now holding the rubber coated chains above my head. Mine were gripped towards the bottom, though.

My legs pushed me back, as did his body that was now slanting towards me. His body seemed shorter, mine seemed taller, so now we were face to face. He captured my awaiting lips softly in a small kiss, which we quickly split apart from. He lowered the swing back down. He had taken the empty seat next to mine; our hands linking together again. We slowly swung back and forth; no one saying a word.

I loved how we could sit like this and never talk, but never miss a beat in life. It allowed me to think a bunch of things over- my life with him, all the crazy things that happen. Our romance, that's never ending; always coming up with something more and more exciting with every second that ticks by. I just hoped that this one thing wouldn't be a problem. I chew on my lip silently, as I grab my second pouch of honey roasted nuts, starting on those.

I could feel his eyes on me, visioning a goofy grin against his teeth. “You really like those, don't ya?” he chuckled, his thumb rubbing the back of my hand.
I nodded, “I hope our child does, too,” the words slipped out of my mouth easily as if I were used to saying that.
The smooth pattern on my hand stopped, and I glanced over at him with the corner of my eye; to see his bug eyed expression plastered on his face.

My teeth ground into my lip again that was now trembling like crazy; I really hoped this wasn't a problem...

He let out a soft snicker, a smile brightening his expression, “When did you find out?” the happiness highlighted his voice.
I let out a sigh of relief, “Last week,” I popped a few more pea nuts in my mouth, “Sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I was... Nervous.”
“Nervous of what? Me yelling at you for being pregnant?”
I laughed, “I don't know. I was just nervous. Every time I thought of telling you, I nearly puked.”

We continued to swing. If it weren't for the fact that he loved going to parks so much, or if I didn't love him so much, I don't think I would have told him. Or even if he didn't show his love to me as much as he does. I'm also thankful for our moments where no words are spoken. I'm glad that he's my baby's daddy; my love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! (:
I kinda like it.
My friend Katie wants me to continue it ; should I?