Corner Diners

First and Last

You stood at the doorway. Your boss, Light Yagami, sent you to Ryuzaki's office to deliver a message. You hated Kira just about as much as Ryuzaki did. You rapped on the door quietly. "Ah, hello, Rebecca." Ryuzaki said. His voice like velvet to you. You thought you were developing a crush on Ryuzaki. "H-Hey, Ryuzaki, Light t-told me to give t-this to you..." You handed the small folded little paper to him, his hand met your's. He showed no affection. Your feelings were hurt, but you showed no interest. You started to walk around his office, all the papers of a recent killing, by Kira, were strode all over the place. "Rebecca, can you give him this..." He handed you a small pink piece of paper with cupcakes on them, Ryuzaki loved sweets. So did you. You eyed something in the corner, you turned your head quietly to look at Ryuzaki, "Ryuzaki...you were interested in torture?!" You nearly screamed. "Shh, I was at one time," You shivered to shake the bad feeling, "but not anymore. Now, you better get back to Light, he'll need to see that message ASAP." "Ryuzaki, I was interested in torture too, it's nothing to be ashamed of...and okay, I'll be on my way, good-bye for now." You walked out quickly. Not wanting to look back. One day, you were going to get Ryuzaki to talk to you. Really talk to you. You raced back into the offical office of the Japanese Police. "Rebecca, thank you. I didn't expect you to be back so soon..." He was lost in another world. "Matsuda! Get over here!" Light yelled. It made everyone jump. Including you. "Yes, Light?" "You and Rebecca are going to spend to next few weeks working with Ryuzaki instead of me." He smiled a sly smile. A signature move of Light Yagami. In your pocket your phone vibrated. You slipped it out silently and read it. "One new text message." You opened up the phone. "Ryuzaki." That's who it was from. "Meet me for lunch at the Corner Restaurant." It wasn't a question, which surprised you. You hit the reply button sharply, "Sure". The four letter word covered everything on your mind.
At precisely 12 noon you walked toward Corner Restaurant, there you saw Ryuzaki. You were surprised that he was actually wearing shoes. You were positive that he wasn't wearing socks. That's something he NEVER does, ever. "Ready?" He asked. His voice always gave you that feeling of melting in his arms. "Of course." You both walked into the cafe' and sat down at a table. Only for two. Your heart began to race. The waitress came to your table, "How are ya'll doing? Welcome to Corner's, we have a two fer one special fer lunch, it's ecspecially good fer the lonely couples," You blushed then looked at Ryuzaki, he was busy pouring sugar into his mouth. "Ya'll ready to order?" You had forgotton that the waitress was still there when you looked at Ryuzaki. "Sure." You said. Ryuzaki looked up and said, "Two cupcakes and ice cream." "That's all?" Ryuzaki looked at you, you nodded your head. "All right-y." The waitress walked away. "Ryuzaki," You began, "what is all this about?" "Rebecca," "Call me Becca, please." You hated being called Rebecca, it was too formal. "Okay, Becca, how much do you know of one Light Yagami?" "Er--well not much, but I know enough to know that he is fooling everybody at the Task Force." "Hmmm...." Ryuzaki muttered. "He talks to himself, muttering about Kira and rules...it's freaky." "Becca, I love you." Ryuzaki's statement caught you off-gaurd. "R-Really...?" You couldn't believe it. "I always have." "Oh, Ryuzaki," You began to tear up, "I l-love you too, I-I always h-have." You two lived the rest of their live's in total harmony....