Status: Complete

Molly

Give It Up

ANDREW’S POV
I woke up that morning with only one thought in mind: Today. Was. The. Day.

I ate some breakfast before heading over to soundcheck, calling up Alex so he could come over and practice with my band the song that we were going to sing to Molly. Because I had written the majority of the song, we decide it would be a Friday Night Boys song instead of an All Time Low song.

Alex came like I asked him to, only to tell me all about his encounter with Molly the night before. He was all riled up, angry that she had really treated him that way. Most of me was pissed, too, that she had taken another victim, but there was a small, yet justified, portion of me that was kind of glad that she had hurt Alex, too. Now he understood a small amount of the pain that I had felt when I had found the two of them together.

We practiced the song quickly, the other tour members coming to watch to kind of get a preview of what was going to go down. They knew that the song was about Molly, and that she was coming just so we could sing it to her. They, like my band and Alex’s, completely agreed that this was a good move on our part.

The day went by slow once more, again because we were excited for that night, to finally give Molly what she deserved. I felt like I was being rude at the meet and greet because I was rushing through fans just so we could get to the concert portion of the night.

At approximately six o’clock, I showed the text to Alex that validated our plan was in motion-- Molly telling me she couldn’t wait to see me that night.

When the lights went up thirty minutes later, I was on cloud nine with the idea of what was going to go down. I waited very impatiently until our very last song, when I finally faced the crowd and our plan really begun. I looked out amongst all our fans and found Moly, standing at the bar in the back. We had told her not to come backstage because the rest of the tour members wouldn’t want her back there, and she just accepted it.

I couldn’t help but grin as I said, “Now, this is a new song I co-wrote with one of my good friends. It’s called ‘Give It Up,’ and it goes out to all of you out there who have dealt with someone or something fake.”

The crowd cheered and I grinned, nodding to my band as we began the new song.

“So give it up, I guess it’s overdue- I’m over you. Give it up. I know you’re untrue, so I’d never give it up to you.” I rocked out with my band, going into my small guitar solo as I walked back to my microphone stand from where I had been standing at Mike’s. I could see Molly was confused and I gave a smirk to Alex, who was standing sidestage, waiting for his cue.

“She can’t resist, too blind to see-- I know his girlfriend’s all about me. Her words are like a heart attack. All night, she’ll be begging me to come back,” I sang. Molly smiled, thinking that she had figured out where this song was heading. She was so wrong.

“She tried to break my heart, but when she’s looking in my eyes, she’s torn apart. She can’t deny it, can’t get by it- it’s so, so bad. So give it up. I guess it’s overdue- I’m over you. Give it up. Even in your dreams, I bet you think of me. You’re so untrue, baby, I know you’re nothing new. So give it up, because I’d never give it up to you,” I sang, going into another small guitar solo before bouncing into the next verse, making Molly’s confusion worse and worse with every word I sang. “She won’t admit, I can’t confess. Make sure I’d never tell her I could care less. When she looks at you, you might think twice, witness seduction in her eyes.”

I repeated the chorus, and we held out the piano part for longer as the crowd screamed. Molly looked pissed, and confused. I smiled to myself and leant into my mic, announcing, “You guys ready to welcome a guest to the stage?!” The crowd screamed and Molly looked more confused now. “Please welcome one of my best friends in the world, Alex Gaskarth!”

Alex jumped onstage and Molly’s face went blank as he sang, “She said to stay, but I’d run away so soon. I could see it coming from across the room. Now I know she’s full of lies. I won’t get caught with her tonight. So give it up. I guess it’s overdue-- I’m over you.”

“So give it up!” We both sang. The crowd cheered and Molly’s jaw fell.

“I guess it’s overdue-- I’m over you,” I sang.

“So give it up, woah. Even in your dreams, I bet you think of me,” Alex said, sending a cocky smile to the crowd that made all the girls squeal. Molly stood up from the bar and was gathering up her stuff as I cut into the vocals.

“You’re so untrue, Molly, I know you’re nothing new,” I sang. Alex smirked and the spotlight hit her, red-handed. She froze and everybody in the audience gasped.

“So give it up,” Alex sang, holding the note.

“I guess it’s overdue-- I’m over you. So give it up,” it was my turn to hold out the note.

“Even in your dreams, I bet you think of me,” Alex sang, bending over as he slapped his hand on his thigh, forcing ever ounce of energy he had in him, out into his voice.

“You’re so untrue, baby, I know you’re nothing new. So give it up,” we both sang together, pausing as the crowd screamed. Molly turned on her heel as she left the building, but not before we sang the last line together, finalizing our thoughts and our relationships with Molly.

“‘Cause we’ll never give it up to you.”

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Credit to Friday Night Boys for their song 'Give It Up.'
THIS STORY IS DONE. You can leave a comment with who you'd like to read about next if you'd like :)