Never Certain

Bowie

I opened the door and I swear the first thing I saw was Konner, and then I felt her embrace me in a hug and she said something along the lines of happy birthchristhallweekwabzica.

“What?” I asked as she let go of me.

“Happy birthchristhallweekwabzica! I got you a gift because I was in a gift giving mood, and I didn’t really have a holiday so I just invented one! So here you go here is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince at your service” she said now speaking in a British accent.

I swear my eyes we’re the size of a cow’s and I leaned out of the door a little bit so Eric wouldn’t hear anything. “Halvo didn’t put you up to this did he?”

“No,” Konner paused looking confused, “why would he do that?”

“Because he just broke my copy of the Half-Blood Prince 10 minutes ago, and he said he was going to get me a new copy in a few minutes.”

“Holy crap, looks like I’m the best gift giver ever!” Konner said happily as she hugged me again before we all walked inside my condo.

“Hot damn!” Konner said looking around the whole place, “you live here?”

“Uh, yeah, my parents they wanted me to stay somewhere nice where I would be safe and I could live in after college, so they just kind of bought the place for me. But I’m kind of looking for a roommate because this place is way too big for one person, and yeah” I said rubbing my neck and looking down at my toes that were painted cobalt blue.

“Well if you’re not creeped out by me I’d love to stay here with you I mean, you could live here comfortably with like four people you know?” I gave her a strange look, but then slowly began to smile.

“You don’t creep me out, you confuse me a little bit, but you definitely don’t creep me out. Besides it would be cool to have a girl around here, my last roommate was Nick, and well I love Nick but he can’t live here anymore, I just can’t do it.”

“Nick snores really loud,” Justin said as Konner gave a look of confusion, “He snores so loud that one night Beau had to completely leave here and came all the way to my house just to sleep.”

“Why didn’t you go see Halvo?” Konner asked as we sat down in the living room.

“Yeah, why didn’t you come see me?” Eric said as I sat down next to him.

“Because,” Justin said answering for me, “Halvo sounds like Darth Vader in his sleep. It’s terrifying, I should know.”

“Yeah, and you drool in your sleep so it looks like Niagara Falls coming out of your mouth.”
“Dude, that was one time, and I had the flu.” Justin said blushing. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Konner.

“So do you want a full tour of the place?”

“Yeah!” she said happily, “I would love to check out the humble abode.”

I walked slowly so that she was able to follow me. She seemed to be really surprised that there were stairs in the condo, I guess I was more spoiled then I thought I was.

“Jesus, is this your room?” she asked looking about the room, with all the mess inhabiting it.

“Yeah, I mean you can’t see the floor through all the piles of clothes on the ground, the place is a total sty, but I like it this way.”

“I completely understand, but my god this is a big room, and you have your own personal bathroom and a walk-in closet. Damn, now I’m stoked to see the other room.”

“okay, well it’s not as big as my room, but ti’s still a pretty decent size, and you can do whatever you want to the room, I could care less what you do to it.”

“Wow, just thank you so much. I mean we haven’t known each other 24 hours and I’m already moving into your place. I hope I’m not a burden or anything.”

I laughed, “please if your dating Justin your going to be here all the time anyways so I might as well give you a room right now.”

She smiled, “You know this is the start of some amazing friendship.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are cool guys