Status: new, main [:

Summer Lovin'

yearbook signings & goodbyes

I groaned internally, listening to my English teacher drone on and on about not completely forgetting everything school related over the summer, and not to do drugs or have sex.

Hah, too late.

My freshman class is probably the sluttiest fourteen and fifteen year-olds anyone could ever meet.

Three girls gave blow jobs to their boyfriends, one girl got caught having sex with her college boyfriend by her dad, and I'm pretty sure have the class isn't virgins anymore. What a reputation to start off your high school career, huh?

So, all in all, their summer won't change one bit no matter was Mr. Samson told them.

"Could he be even more boring?"

I turned my head towards the direction of the voice, smiling once I saw my friend Cole smiling at me with his bright teeth showing. I giggled a little, shaking my head. "I think this is as high as she gets on the Boring Scale."

He chuckled, and started fishing in his beat up book bag until he pulled out his brand new yearbook. He plopped it on my desk, not caring that it made a loud bang when it hit the surface, and threw a sharpie on top of it. "You're the only one who hasn't signed it."

I smiled, grabbing the sharpie and pulling open the oversized black and purple hardcover book. Dozens of signatures were on each page telling Cole that they were going to miss him over the summer and that they should keep in touch, a phone number on the bottom of each message. I flipped to the back cover and grinned once I saw a huge circle in the middle of the page with nothing inside it taking up all the space, just in light pencil saying 'Reserved for Nahla Stahr' at the top. I wrote down a long message, saying I was so happy to meet Jordan and how we were going to be Sophmores and not freshmen anymore and that the year went by so fast and we needed to keep in touch over the summer. He already had my phone number, so I wrote down where I was staying in California, and I'd fly him out there for a couple days so we could hang out.

I closed the book and gave it back to him along with his sharpie, and looked at the clock, groaning once I saw that we still had ten minutes left.

I thought about summer, and how my parents rented out a beach house in California after I begged them for months on end to finally have fun one summer. So they reluctantly agreed once they knew I'd shut up if they got the beach house. Which I did…about that. Now they're annoyed I won't keep my mouth closed because I keep talking about how we were going to California.

The beach house wasn't too far from civilization, just about ten miles from the nearest big city. It was right on the beach though, so that was amazing. I'd get some color on my pale skin.

I smiled once I noticed there was only thirty seconds of my freshman year left. I grabbed a strap of my book bag and clenched it tightly, watching as the red hand got closer and closer to the twelve.

Everybody sprinted out the classroom once the bell rang, some just a half a second before. Mr. Samson gave up on his speech and told us to have a good summer.

I walked out, seeing numerous people hugging and telling each other to have a good summer. I walked to my locker, opening it up for the last time this year to see if I had left any books in there. I grabbed my novel and shoved it in my book bag before slamming my locker closed and being engulfed in a tight hug.

I laughed, already knowing it was my best friend snaking her thin arms around me. "Addie! I'll only be gone for a few months! It's not like I'm moving there!"

"I know! But it's the whole summer I won't get to hang out with my best friend! I can't even go to the mall with you or anything!" She pouted as we started to walk out the school.

We said goodbye to dozens of people, all giving them hugs of farewell and finally leaving the school.

"I know, but my parents said they'd fly you out for a couple days, so it won't be that bad. I'll see you." I reassured her, already thinking of the California sun.

I gave her a long hug goodbye, telling her that she was my best friend and nothing was going to change that, and that I'd see her soon.

"Love you, whore!" I shouted out after her, smiling.

"Love you, too, slut!" She grinned, and I gave a final wave goodbye before getting in my mom's "How was your last day of school?"

"Sad." I shrugged. "But I'm glad I'm out. I can't wait to be in California."
♠ ♠ ♠
fiiiiirrrsstt chapppttaaa :D:D:D:D
commenttt? subscribe? please?