Status: new, main [:

Summer Lovin'

boredom, roller coasters & screaming

I laughed, clapping my hands together, my sides hurting from laughing so much. My parents were going a very poor job of an old TV show, to show me how it was back then when they were growing up. They weren’t doing the best job. Okay, it was terrible, but hey, it gave me a good laugh.

I wiped the small tears from laughing so hard from the corner of my eyes, and sat up straight, still giggling. “O-Okay, I ge-get it. It was hard back then. I-I’m sorry, but th-that was hi-hilarious!” I started laughing, and they soon joined in, cheerfully laughing at themselves for such a ridiculous play.

“Okay, it wasn’t the greatest play you’ve ever seen. But it gives you an idea of what we went through.” My dad chuckled, patting me on the back.

I nodded, smiling. “Yeah, I get it.” The laughter was followed by a comfortable silence, which I happily broke. “So, what’re we doing tonight?”

My mother sighed, lifting her shoulders before putting them back down. “I have a lot of laundry to do, and I have to do some errands.”

“And I have to go to a video chat meeting with my bosses all day to discuss the plans for the next product and what we have to do and such. It’s going to take all day.” My dad explained, already standing up.

“So you’re going to have to fend for yourself tonight, honey. Entertain yourself.” My mom said, giving me an apologetic smile.

I held my breath, blowing up my cheeks before slowly letting all the air out. “Great.”

They laughed lightly, already fleeing the room to do what they needed to do, leaving me alone. I groaned and walked back up to my room. I sat in front of my window wall, hitting my head lightly on the glass. There’s nothing to do here when you can’t drive….

I smiled, reaching over to grab my camera to take a picture of my newly built sandcastle. Once I took a picture and put my camera back in my bag, I laid down on the sand, the sun almost blinding me with its brightness.

I squeezed my eyes shut, putting my sunglasses on, and sighed tiredly. Nothing to do on such a beautiful day...what a waste of sun and time. Back home I could be going to the city or something with Addie, or going to the movie theater, or going to the park, or hell, I could be just crashing at her place for the night.

Why couldn't my parents pick somewhere more populated and more places for me to do in walking distance?

"That's a nice sandcastle you got there."

I sighed once more, refusing to open my eyes. "Thanks."

"It's a shame it's going to be washed away with the tide."

"Yup."

Why won't this guy leave? I felt the sand move next to me, meaning the boy sat next to me. What the? He better be hott....

"So...there's a lot of surfers out there...."

"Uh huh."

"That Nick Jonas guy is really good."

I did my best to shrug. "Yeah, he's okay."

"I heard he's top ten."

"Yeah, he is."

"All the girls think he's pretty hott."

I tried to nod, but I couldn't because I was laying down. "Yeah, he's cute, I guess."

"You guess?"

"Okay, he's gorgeous, sue me."

The boy chuckled, a sound I recognized in a second, which made me cringed in embarrassment. "By the way, I'm Nick Jonas."

I sat up quickly, ignoring my semi-spinning head, and looked over, inhaling sharply. There he was, soaking wet and sitting next to me, laughing a little at my expression. My cheeks were instantly red as I looked at my sandy fingers. "What are you doing here, Nick?"

"Uh, hello? I'm surfing." He laughed, pointing to the large blue surfboard next to him, causing me to blush even more.

"Right."

"What're you doing here?"

I shrugged, yawning a little. "Trying to entertain myself but failing miserably."

He let out a chuckle as he shook his head at me. "Why don't you try surfing? I could teach you if you want?"

I shook my head, a funny feeling in my stomach. "No, I can't swim."

"Can't or won't?"

"Both." I admitted. "Well," I sighed, biting my lip. "I can, it's just...it's complicated."

"What could be so complicated about not wanting to swim?"

I shook my head, running my hand through the cool sand, tracing designs in it. "It just is...another day, another story."

He nodded, understanding, and wiped his face of the few water droplets that had fallen on his face from his hair. "So...since you have nothing to do, and I'm pretty much done surfing, why don't you and I do something?"

My heart felt like it skipped a beat as my stomach got butterflies. He wants to do something with me? I gave him a small smile. "Yeah, sure."

He gave me a large smile, nodding and helping me up. "I'll go home and get ready and stuff. I'll pick you up in an hour, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay, see you in an hour then." I watched him jog to his car as I practically sprinted home to get ready myself. I threw on some shorts and a tank top after taking a shower, trying to get my hair straightened before Nick arrived. I managed to put my sunglasses on the top of my head when I heard a knock on the door. My stomach flipped, and I put my flip flops on before running down the stairs to the door.

When I opened the door, I smiled seeing Nick in blue and white plaid shorts and a blue Aeropostalé to match perfectly with his shorts and white flip flops. "Hey, ready to go?" He smiled, even though he knew the answer.

I nodded, giving him a smile of my own and walked out the house, locking the door behind me. He opened the door of his Mustang for me like he had the time before and I thanked him as I sat down.

Once he got in himself, we were off.

"Where we going?" I asked, seeing him turn on an unknown road to me.

He gave me a shrug. "I don't know. I thought we'd just take a drive. You wanna put some music on?"

I nodded, and saw that he had a cord connecting to the car for an iPod, so I got out my iTouch and hooked it up, making a long playlist of all my favorite songs real fast before hitting shuffle.

He chuckled when 'Yeah' by Usher had started to blast through the speakers.

"Old, but a classic." I smiled, bobbing my head to the beat. "And she asks for one more dance, and I'm like yeah! How the hell am I supposed to leave?" I sang, laughing.

"My outfit's ridiculous, in the club lookin' so conspicuous.
And Rowl! These women all on the prowl, if you hold the head steady I'm a milk the cow. Forget about the game, I'm a spit the truth, I won't stop till I get 'em in they birthday suits. So gimmie the rhythm and it'll be off with their clothes, then bend over to the front and touch your toes. I left the Jag and I took the Rolls, if they aint cutting then I put em on foot patrol. How you like me now, when my pinky's valued over three hundred thousand. Lets drank you the one to please, Ludacris fill cups like double D's. Me and Ursh once more and we leave 'em dead, we want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed to say!" He rapped-well, attempted to-causing us to both laugh until our sides hurt.

Nick and I started laughing once the song faded to an end, and 'Forever' by Chris Brown started to fade in.

"This song?" He asked, smirking a little.

I nodded, smiling to myself as I started to remember something from a few summers ago. "Definitely. This song brings back so many memories."

"Oh yeah?"

I nodded, biting my lip to keep myself from smiling so much. "It was two summers ago, when I was still going to this summer camp. Camp Shaw. It was just a small little summer camp to go to for a week to hang out with friends and just...have fun and goof off the whole time." I laughed lightly. "So, when I went, I didn't know anyone because my one friend had moved and she was too far away to come anymore, so I was alone. But damn...that first day, that first day changed my life."

"How come?"

I smiled. "Because, that was the day I met four amazing friends. Rachel, Rachel, Taylor, and Nicole. They became my best friends in a second that day. We all were one amazing group. We all had gotten suspended at least once, and all that stuff. We weren't perfect."

"You got suspended?"

I nodded, laughing a little. "Yeah, for something really stupid. I had punched a guy a few times when he said some pretty mean things to me." I shrugged. "No big deal. Anyways, yeah, we were perfect for each other. So, the whole week our whole cabin kept fighting with the cabin next to us. And damn, they were down right bitches. Didn't know when to keep their mouths shut. So...our counselor, who was on our side, didn't like the other cabin either. The whole time we were battling it out with each other. We didn't talk to them, and when we did, we...exchanged a few words that's not worth repeating. And then one day," I started laughing. "We got in trouble and had to make up. We said our apologies and stuff, but we never meant it. Then we finally put it behind us after we hung out because we were forced to. We were words good friends. All nine of us in my cabin and ten in theirs." I grinned to myself, watching the trees whip past from behind the window as Nick drove on the deserted road. "And the whole time, there was this insanely hott counselor. My gosh...he was gorgeous. His couselor name was Otto. He was hilarious too. And on the second to last day of the week, we have an all-camp dance. It's tons of fun. And my counselor knew I had liked Otto, so went over to him. I didn't know of course. But when my friends and I were dancing, someone popped up next to me, damn near scarin' me half to death."

"Otto."

I nodded, smiling from ear to ear. "Yep, Otto. I jumped six feet and my heart stopped for a few seconds. And...we danced together. We danced to this song. And it's been my favorite ever since."

"Wow." Nick said after a minute.

I nodded, laughing slightly.

"I can't believe you got suspended for punching a guy."

I laughed, lightly hitting him on the arm. "Out of that whole story, that's what you get out of it? Dear Lord, help him!"

Nick laughed. "No, I'm just playing. I liked the story. And I got much more out of it than you getting suspended."

I smiled, looking back out the window. "Good."

Minutes passed, a comfortable silence filling the air, the only sound was the car riding on the pavement and the music playing. I looked over at Nick, smiling to myself slightly.

His face was flawless. His eyes were chocolate brown, a smile always dancing in them. His lips were perfect, a look of a playful smirk plastered on them. His face had no marks whatsoever, making him even more flawless to anyone.

How could anyone be so perfect? Lord Almighty, I don't think I've ever seen someone so hott in my life. And damn, Chicago is the home of hott guys. Maybe it's a surfer thing.... Maybe all surfers are hott. That's how it is in Chicago. Every single hockey player is insanely sexy. It's a well-known fact.

Maybe I should go out with a hockey player.... Maybe they aren't like jerks like every other guy out there.

"What?" Nick smirked, snapping me from my thoughts. His eyes flicked over to me, a playful smile forming on his lips, causing me to look back out the window, blushing as red as a tomato.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to stare. I was just thinking...." I mumbled, fiddling with my fingers. My heart was thumping and my hands were shaking from embarrassment.

"About what?"

I caught my breath, trying to think up a quick lie to save myself of the embarrassment of telling him that I was thinking of how hott he is. "Hockey players. Back in Chicago." Good save. I knew he gave me a strange look, I didn't have to look over to see it. Anyone in their right mind would look at me strangely. "S-So...yeah...."

He chuckled, causing me to blush even more. "So."

I looked up and out the window, grinning when I saw a Six Flags a few yards away, gasping a little. "Six Flags!"

Nick looked over and nodded. "Yup! You wanna go?"

I went wide-eyed, shaking my head violently. "Oh, no. I don't really like roller coasters."

"Have you ever been on one?"

I shook my head. "No."

He turned into the amusement park upon hearing my cries of plea to turn the car around and keep driving, but he just ignored me and parked his car. "It's either this or I make you go surfing."

My eyes went wide again, and I shook my head. "This is fine."

We bought our tickets and walked in the park, a few dozen people by the big fountain in the front.

Everything was so colorful and lively. You could hear the roar of the roller coasters and the screams of fright and amusement at every angle. People around me were joking around and having fun, recalling all the times they had screamed so much on a ride, then laughing about being so ridiculous.

There was one couple walking in front of Nick and me. They were around our age, if not exactly our age. The boy was holding the girl's hand, their fingers laced together, no hint of letting go anytime soon. The girl was pleading to her boyfriend about how she didn't want to go on a roll coaster because she was deathly afraid of heights. The boy gave her hand a squeeze and pulled her into his arms. He told her not to be afraid, that he was there for her and wouldn't let anything happen to her. That she can close her eyes when she's afraid and can hold his hand the entire time and he'd always protect her. Then he kissed her. And he told her he loved her. And she happily said it back, a look of love in her eyes, just like his.

A weird feeling rushed through me, and I didn't quite know what it was. It made my stomach turn, and my knees ache a little. I felt like crying, and screaming, and falling. My stomach started twisting, and I knew what was coming over me.

Aiden used to do the same thing with me when we were dating.

“Aiden, no! I can’t do this! It’s too scary! I’ll die out there!” I whined, trying to pull back from the battleground. He wants me to go paintballing, and me, being my uncoordinated self would pretty much die out there. Plus, it’s really not in my best interest to get pelted with little balls of colorful paint.

He chuckled, pulling me back next to him like I weighed two pounds. He made me turn towards him, his hands cupping my face, forcing me to look at him. He gave me a crooked smile, something I always go weak at the knees for. “Nahla, how many times do I have to tell you nothing will happen to you?”

I sighed a little, looking down at his shirt.

“Hey.”

I looked up, meeting his eyes blue eyes once again.

“I’ll never let anything happen to you. I promise.”


"Nahla?"

I looked up, seeing Nick stand in front of me, a confused and worried look across his face. I noticed we weren't walking anymore. I didn't even know I had stopped.

"Are you okay?" He mumbled, brushing the hair back from my face, making me catch my breath at his soft touch.

I nodded slightly, taking a step back. "Y-Yeah. I thought...I though I just saw someone I knew."

He nodded, his eyebrow raised up in confusion. I could tell he didn't believe me one bit, but he shrugged it off anyways. This wasn't the time and place to ask any questions. "Okay, if you're sure. Come on, let's get to the rides."

I nodded, and we walked off, leaving the couple behind us, but my odd feeling still with me.

We got in a kind of long line for a ride called Raging Bull, and Nick leaned against the railings.

I sighed, my heart pounding and my whole body shaking from the nervous feeling that was washing over me. The roar of the roller coaster made me shake harder and jump a foot each time it flew past us.

The line went too quickly, and soon, Nick and I were next. I couldn't control my shaking, and my heart was pounding in my ears, making it almost impossible for me to hear.

"I can't believe this is the fastest and tallest roller coaster in the park."

"Huh?!" I screeched, my lungs inhaling sharply.

The coaster rolled up then, and the previous people got off as the gates opened in front of me. I tried to make a run of it, but Nick caught me and pretty much forced me in the seat next to him.

"Nick! Don't make me do this! Please! I can't take it!" I pleaded, but he put his harness down and then mine, and I couldn't move.

I kept shaking my head, practically on the verge of hyperventilating. "Nick! Please! Let me get off! I can't take it! I'm gonna faint! Dear Lord, let me off!" I begged him, but he only shook his head as I pleaded with him.

"No, Nahla. You need to face your fears, okay? I'm right here. Take a deep breath." He said, looking me dead in the eye as I did my best to take a deep breath. I wasn't doing too well. "Now, listen to me: Everything is gonna be okay. Nothing will happen. You're going to have fun, I promise." He said, then the spaces between my fingers were filled, making my heart jump at the touch of Nick's hand. I looked down at our hands as he slowly laced our fingers together, then looked back up at him. "I won't let anything happen to you."

And right then, for that split second he said that, I completely forgot about everything. And I knew everything was going to be okay.

"Okay, ladies and gentleman, keep your hands and arms inside the roller coaster at all times. Have fun, and thank you for riding The Raging Bull."

A click filled the air, and we were off. Full speed.

I squeezed Nick's hand and my breath caught in my throat. Soon, we were going up the ramp slowly.

"Whoo! One of the steepest drops of roller coaster history!" Some guy screamed, causing everyone around me to cheer.

"What?!" I yelled, my head snapping over to Nick. "You picked THIS ride to be my first roller coaster?!"

He shrugged, giving me an apologetic smile. "Sorry. I needed you to face your fears completely. Once you go on this ride, you'll go on all of them."

I shook my head quickly, my heart thumping again and my stomach twisting. "Nick, let me off this ride! I don't wanna face my fears!" I said as we slowly made our way up the huge ramp. We were almost to the top. "Nick!" We were at the top now, and the people in front of us started screaming.

"What?"

I looked down and gasped loudly. I couldn't see the bottom. "I hate you!"

We sped down full speed, causing me to scream my lungs out as my stomach felt as if it was going to fly right out my throat.

Twists and turns, flips and corkscrews full speed going insanely fast through the whole ride. I screamed my heart out with everyone else, squeezing Nick's hand until it was probably blue. I was cursing in my mind, but only a scream came out of my mouth. But I was screaming so loud that nothing came out.

After was seemed like ages, we were back to where we had taken off, and everyone had started getting off. My hands were still shaking, and my heart was pounding louder than a bass drum. I pushed my harness up and ran off the ride, Nick quickly behind me, his hand still holding mine.

"Nahla! Slow down!" He chuckled, pulling me back towards him.

I clung to his arm, breathing heavily. "I hate you."

He laughed, putting an arm around my shoulders as we walked down the ramp, hearing the screams and roars of the ride as it flew over us.

We stopped at the picture place, searching for our picture, and Nick burst out laughing, pointing at our picture.

He looked like he was having fun, a wide smile across his face. But me next to him...I looked as if I had seen a ghost. I looked terribly frightened.

I started laughing, not believing how ridiculous I was being. "I look terrible!"

"I am definitely buying this picture." Nick chuckled, dragging me up to the counter. "A-15, please, in wallet size." He paid and put the picture in a slot in his wallet, still laughing at my face.

"I can't believe you bought that. I looked awful!" I laughed.

"You looked hilarious, and I want to remember how you looked on your first roller coaster."

"I was terrified!" I laughed, covering my now red face.

He laughed, throwing his head back a little and continued to walk with me in tow. "Well, like I said, now you'll go on all of the ride since that was the worst one. They're not as bad as that one anymore."

I groaned, almost tripping over a crack in the ground, and sighed. "I can't believe you're making me do this. I hate you, do you know that?"

He chuckled, shaking his head at me. "You'll be fine. Besides, you got me as a protector!"

I groaned. "Now I'll never live!"

He gasped dramatically, causing me to laugh, giving him a shrug and a playful smirk. "That's not nice!"

"And neither was putting me on that death ride!"

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, but-"

"No buts, did you have fun, Nahla?"

I sighed, feeling defeated as he gave me a knowing look. "Yes."

He gave me a cocky grin. "Thought so."

Nick forced me on a few more rides against my plee to just go home. He literally had to pick me up and sit me down so I wouldn't run away, which caused all the people around us to stare weirdly, and some even laughed. But, thankfully, Nick held my hand throughout the whole time, making things a little less scary. The rides were...interesting. I mean, of course I had fun, but every single twist and turn made me scream out of fright, getting a few glares here at there from the people around us, but Nick only held my hand tighter, ignoring my screams.

"Finally, a break." I sighed, plopping down in the seat across from Nick. I finally begged him enough to take a food break.

His lips let out a light laugh before swallowing some water. "Come on, it wasn't that bad."

"Hah! You're only saying that because you weren't the one screaming for your life!"

He shrugged, giving me a smirk. "True, but you seemed to be enjoying this."

I gave him a shrug of my own, tapping my finger on the top of my can of pop. "Eh, it's fun, I guess."

"Liar."

"Fine, it's fun!" I gave in, slumping in my seat a little. "Happy?" I smiled.

He nodded, grinning. "Ecstatic."

I sighed, staring at my unopened pop can once again, not really seeing it though. I only liked it because Nick was holding my hand. Other than that, that 'rush' feeling people usually get when riding roller coasters doesn’t really come to me.

“Hey, Nahla?”

“Yeah?”

“How come you looked sad when you saw that couple when we walked in?”

I looked up at him, shocked he actually remembered that, and actually cared for that matter. I bit my lip, my eyes glued to my now opened pop can that was getting warmer and warmer by the second. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Don’t you dare lie to me.”

I inhaled sharply at the edge to his voice, knowing he was being serious. Should I tell him? I might as well, I’ve told him all about Aiden. I guess he should know. “I…Aiden…Aiden used to say the same things the boy said to the girl. And it just…brought back memories I guess.”

A few minutes of silence followed my confession because I was lost in thought, and I knew Nick didn’t know what to say to that, so I had to suck it up and act happy. “Hey, come on, let’s go ride some more rides.” I smiled, standing up.

He gave me a smile back, causing me to blush a little, and we walked out. I felt someone grab my hand, and I knew it was Nick. His fingers felt like they fit perfectly between mine. I blushed, looking down at my feet. I don’t think I’ll ever get over that. I took a deep breath, ready to scream my lungs out for the next few hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorrryyyy! i know, i'm late :/
i've just been really busy latelyyy. who woulda thought? XD
so yeah,

comment? subscribe?
guys, please, comment and subscribe, because if I don't get at least a comment a chapter, then it's not even worth posting, and i know some of you are subscribed ! so comment! don't be a silent reader, or i won't post !

shoutouts:
TwirlAroundTheGalaxy
Nat1016
rewritting history

iloveyouguys<33