Status: new, main [:

Summer Lovin'

fights, confessions, & hugs

please read! please read! please read!

Okay, guys, I would first off like to say I'm so so so so so sorry I haven't updated in like, the longest time. I kind of have a new story I'm focusing on, called 'Jasey Rae' and the fact that school is really pounding on me with homework and shit. And my parents aren't helping one bit with it. This story is officially on hiatus until further notice. I will try and some back to this story, I promise. I really do promise. I absolutely adore this story, but right now, two main stories is just too much, and I have serious writer's block for this story. And I only have my electronics on the weekends, so not much time to update even one story. If you'd like to read my other story, which I doubt you will since it stars Alex Gaskarth from All Time Low, just go to my stories list. It's actually more will liked than this one. So, hiatus until further notice.

If you have any further questions, comments, etc, don't hesitate to comment/send me a message. I'll be more than happy to answer anything.

Again, I'm terribly sorry, but I just can't do it right now.

I really love you all.
-Marley

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Addie! Come on! Don't be like that!" I begged, getting angrier by the second. Right now, fighting with my best friend isn't on top of my 'Things To Do' list. "It's not like I didn't call you back on purpose! I'm on vacation for crying out loud!"

"Oh, you're just so busy with going to the beach every freaking second you're there to not give me a call. It's not like you go swimming, Nahla. I know for a fact you won't go anywhere near that damn ocean!"

I inhaled sharply, a pain in my stomach as I tried to block out all the terribly memories that played through my mind like a broken record, causing me to flinch every single time. "Addie, you know why I don't go in the water!"

"Exactly! So I think you have time from your such busy life over there to actually give me a flippin' call for a minute!"

"Ad-"

But it was too late, the dial tone had rung through my ear, screaming at me that my best friend had hung up.

Great, just great. Now who am I supposed to talk to? That self-absorbed brat won't even talk to me anymore!

'Nahla! How can you say that about your best friend? You know she's just mad you haven't called her!'

"I know!" I snapped, quickly realizing that I was the only one in the room. I shook my head, groaning to myself as I flew onto my bed face down.

Who needs best friends anyways? They always end up leaving you in the end, so why have them?

'Because they keep you sane.'

"Stop talking to me!" I growled, mentally smacking myself for talking to no one but me. So far, my mind was winning this word battle. I got up, starting to pace back and forth in front of my window wall.

Why is she being so damn pissy with me lately? It's not like I purposely ignored her calls or anything. I've just been busy with vacation. Besides, I'm on vacation! I need a break from my normal life.

Maybe something happened. Maybe she got into an accident or something, or maybe someone in her family died. Maybe she...

I gasped, ignoring my spinning head as I sat up quickly, snatching my phone from my bed. I dialed my best friend's number quickly, kicking myself when I didn't realize it in the first place. A few rings echoed through my ear before I finally heard her voice.

"What, Nahla?" She growled at me, a pain in her voice, like she had been crying.

"Danny broke up with you, didn't he?" I said quietly, trying not to sound harsh to her.

Suddenly, sobs rang through my ears, and I knew my best friend was crying.

"Y-Y-Yes he d-did th-that jer-erk!" She squeaked, her voice cracking a few times. "H-He was ch-ch-cheating on me the wh-whole time with s-s-slutty Brittany Carmichael!"

I sighed sadly, an anger in my chest. "Ahw, I'm so sorry, Addie! How could he do that to you!"

"I know! And that's not even the worst part!"

"What happened? How'd he do it?"

"Over a text message!" She sobbed, resulting in me pulling the phone away from my ear because it was so loud.

I gasped, suddenly getting furious. "He didn't!

My best friend only sobbed harder, so I finally just set my phone down after putting it on speaker. "What'd he say in the text?"

"H-He just said 'Addie, I've been lying to you this whole time. I don't really like you. Britt is a way better girlfriend. Consider this our breakup.'"

I gasped again, getting angrier by the second. "What an a-"

A knock sounded on the door, causing me to look up while saying 'Come in!'

A curly-haired boy poked his head through, a crooked smile playing on his lips, making my heart beat faster and my mind going fuzzy.

Addie's sobs broke my trance, causing Nick to flinch.

"Is this a bad time?" He asked, walking through the door after I waved him in.

"Y-You met a boy? W-W-Without telling me?" Addie squeaked, her voice full of curiosity. "Is he cute?"

I went wide eyes, my ears getting hott as I saw Nick smile at me, a light tint of red to his cheeks. "Uh, I can't really say, Ad, he's right here."

She gasped. "You so like him! Oh my gosh! What's his name? What's his name?"

I snatched my phone up, turning off the speaker as I tried to get Addie to stop asking me all the questions. I was blushing a lot, almost as red as Nick. "Addie, I'll call you later, okay? I promise you we'll talk about this later. But I really have to go."

"F-Fine. Put me on speaker first."

"Okay." I flipped my phone open, putting it on speaker automatically. "Alright, Addie."

"Hey, boy! You hurt her, I'll kill you." She growled, and I looked up at Nick, wide eyed.

His adam's apple went up and down as his face turned thoughtful, his eyes glued to my face as he gave me a small smile. "Don't worry...I would never do that."

My heart skipped a beat, making my mind going fuzzy as he gave me a small crooked smile. "I'll talk to you later, Addie." I clicked the red button and set down my phone, giving Nick a grin. "So, what do I owe the pleasure of your presense today, Mister Jonas?"

He smirked, making my heart soar, and he sat on the edge of my bed as he shrugged. "Marley and I were gonna go out to lunch, but she had to work, so we didn't get to go to lunch. So, since I was already out, I decided to come over here to ask if you wanted to go out."

My ears got hot as I stood up, walking over to my shoes. "Oh, so I'm your sloppy seconds, huh?"

"Yes. I mean no! No! That's not what I meant-"

I started laughing. "Relax, Nick, I was only joking." He sent me an embarrassed smile. I laced up my shoes, giving him a small smile. "You need to loosen up, Nick."

He let out a sigh, standing up. "Trust me, everyone says that."

I gave him a sad smile, nodding once. "Don't worry. A lot of people say that to me too."

He nodded his head towards my door after a few minutes. "Let's get going."

[&&SL]

"And what'll you have to drink, Miss?" The green-eyes waitor asked me, sending me a sly wink. He was cute. Couldn't be more than seventeen.

"Water, please." I smiled smally, not meeting eyes with him.

"And you, Sir?"

"I'll have the same, thanks." Nick said, his voice having an edge to it, sending Andrew, our waitor, a glare.

"Great. I'll be right back."

I sighed, resting my head on my hand and letting out a yawn. "I don't know why, but I've really been craving water for a while now. It's so weird."

Nick raised his eyebrow. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it's so crazy. I've never really had that happen before. But I like, have to have water all the time. It's so weird. And hungry. I've been really hungry lately. Which isn't very odd, cause I eat a lot."

"Oh yeah? That's weird. You don't look like you eat a lot."

I shrugged, looking down at my shrinking stomach. "Yeah, I've been eating a lot lately. But I haven't been gaining weight. I've actually LOST weight."

Nick opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by Andrew bringing our drinks.

He set our waters down, giving me a big grin as he took out his writing pad. "And what can I get ya to eat? Or do you still need a few minutes?"

"We're ready." I smiled, sighing. "I'll have a cheeseburger, medium rare, with everything on it except onions."

Andrew nodded, then looked at Nick. "And you?"

"I'll have the same." He growled slightly, shoving the menus in Andrew's hands before he shooed him off.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "So...you said you were losing weight?"

I nodded, giving him a big shrug. "Yeah, but I wouldn't think anything of it. I lose weight all the time, so, it's nothing really." I gave him a smile then.

"So, uhm, who was that girl on the phone earlier?"

I laughed lightly. "That was Addie, my best friend."

"You sounded like you were fighting with her earlier. Is everything okay?"

"Oh, you heard that? Yeah, we were fighting. She was mad at me because I wasn't calling her or anything." I said, looking down at my placemat. I started doodling with my pen, not really drawing anything.

"How come you haven't called her?"

"I've just been busy. I mean, I'm on vacation, I don't have all the free time in the world." I shrugged. "But, I guess she's right. I could've called her. I haven't been busy the whole time." I took a long sip of my water, gving him a shrug. "But whatever. What have you been up to lately? I haven't seen you or Marley for a while."

He sighed, shrugging a little when he folded his arms on the table. "Nothing really. Marley's been working, and I've been surfing a lot."

I nodded, the sound of the ocean making my stomach turn. But I smiled anyways. "What, no dates for the famous Nick Jonas?"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Nah, no dates. I'm waiting to see if this one girl likes me, then I'll ask her out."

I nodded, my heart dropping and my stomach turning. He likes someone else.... I shook my head, trying to give him my best smile. "Oh, that's cool. What's she like?"

Nick was again cut-off by Andrew bringing our food. He set mine down last, sending me another sly wink. "Is there anything else I can get you?"

I shook my head. "No, we're fine, thanks."

He nodded, the smile having no hint of leaving his lips. "Okay, enjoy your meals."

He left, and Nick and I ate in silence for a few minutes.

I knew he would never like me. She's probably some bleach blonde with an amazing body and all the guys are after her. And she's probably incredibly funny and kind. She probably goes in the ocean too, instead of being afraid like me. Perfect. That's what she is. She's perfect.

"She's funny."

"Hm?" I asked, coming out of my little self-rant.

"You asked what she was like. She's funny. And really nice."

I nodded, my stomach twisting with sadness as Nick described his crush.

"She's sweet, and she can be really sarcastic at times. And...she's real. She likes me for me, not just who I am."

I tried to give him another smile as I ate some of my burger. I wasn't doing too well. Nick describing what his crush is like isn't what I wanted to hear. "That's...great, Nick. She sounds...really great for you. I hope you go out with her."

His smile sent my heart racing. "Thanks, and I hope so too."

[&&SL]

After Nick and I fought for who was going to pay the bill and Nick unfortunately winning, we got in his car and drove off.

"Well, where to next?"

He looked this time on the dash before looking back at the road, shrugging. "I don't know. Do you wanna go somewhere and just...talk?"

I smiled, nodding. "That sounds great. But where would that be?"

He looked at me, biting his lip slightly, then went back to the road. "I know a place."

[&&SL]

As Nick pulled onto the side of the road, where a small parking lot was, he parked and we got out of his car.

We were at the beach, but it wasn't the beach by my house. It was completely deserted, and I have no idea why.

The sight was absolutely gorgeous. The waves were huge as they crashed against the shore, and the sky was as clear as day. Not a cloud there.

"Nick? Uhm, where are we?" I asked, shutting the car door slowly.

He looked at me, my heart skipping a beat when he gave me a crooked smile. "Somewhere special. Come on, we're not at the spot though." He held out his hand towards me, making me gasp slightly, a jolt rushing through my body.

My hand was shaking slightly as it reached out for his hand. I felt a shock as his hand slowly grabbed mine. He laced our fingers, making me catch my breath as he led me towards our desination. We walked kind of slowly, a comfortable silence overtaking us.

We climbed up a bunch of rocks far away from the place we had parked the car.

He held my hand the entire time, not letting go even after he was done helping me get up on a higher rock. I let my hand relax, seeing if he wanted to let go, but he only held on tighter.

We finally stopped on this huge, flat rock about thirty feet above the water's surface. It seemed like it looked over a whole ocean.

"Wow, this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...." I whispered, walking towards the edge of the rock.

"Yeah...same here...."

I looked over at Marley's best friend, my heart racing when I saw Nick looking at me, a crooked smile on his flawless face. A blush crept on my face, making my ears getting hott. "S-So how'd you find this place?"

He shrugged, sitting down on the edge so his feet dangled. I quickly repeated his actions, never letting go of his hands. "I was really mad one day. It was something about Kev and Joe. We had gotten into a fight, so I just took off, driving anywhere I could just to get away for a few hours. And then I found the parking lot where we had stopped. And still, out of all the hundreds of times I've been here, I've never seen a single person on this beach. But anyways, I was walking down the shore, blowing off steam by just kicking sand around, yelling at no one in general. Then I found the rocks, and just climbed and climbed and climbed until I got here. And I've been coming here ever since." He explained, a smile dancing in his eyes when he looked at me, then looked back at the blue water. "And I've been the only one who has ever found it. I swore to myslef I'd only bring one girl here. Wine girl that I knew that was special to me."

I smiled slightly, looking out at the ocean. Then gasped smally, realizing something. I'm here. I'm the girl. But...no...it can't be me. He doesn't like me. "Then I guess you better bring your crush here.... You sound like you really like her...." I mumbled, looking down at my legs.

"Don't you see, Nahla?" He asked, causing me to look up at him. "You're my crush...."

My eyes went wide as my breath hitched in my throat. He was doing it again. He was giving me his amazingly crooked smile that gave me a million butterflies and knots in my stomach and my mind to go fuzzy. And just by squeezing my hand he made my whole body go numb, and I couldn't think. I could barely see anything around me. It was just him. Him and me. Right now, as cliché as it sounds, we were the only two people on earth. And Iliked loved it that way.

My mouth could barely form words as I tried to wrap my mind around the fact that Nick Jonas just said I, Nahla Stahr, was his crush. "I...you...huh?"

He shook his head, standing up and letting go of my hand.

And he would never realize how everything came crashing down when he released my hand.

"Nevermind. Forget I said it." He mumbled. "Let's go back to the car." He started to walk away to get back to the car, leaving me behind.

He must think I don't like him. Why doesn't he realize that I lime him back? Maybe it was what I said. Or how I acted. I thought I gave him signs that I do like him.

I soon realized what he was doing, and found my strength back in my legs and ran over to him, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards me with all my might. He looked down at me, and I cringed as I saw the hurt look in his eyes.

"No, Nick, you've got it all wrong." I started quickly, shaking my head. "I like you, too."

He shook his head. "No, Nahla, you don't have to say that."

"No, Nick! I mean it! I really mean it!" I said, trying to get him understand. What was it going to take to get this boy to understand?

He shook his head again, the hurt look in his eyes still visible. "You don't have to say that if you don't mean it."

I groaned, looking up at the sky. "Lord Almighty, what am I going to have to do to get you to understand that I mean it?" I said softly, looking at his. I took my free hand, grabbing his hand that I wasn't holding, and looked him straight in his chocolate eyes. "Nick Jonas, I like you. A lot. And I really mean it."

He stared at me for what seemed like hours, but I knew it was only a few seconds before I finally saw his adam's apple go up and down, a smile slowly forming on his lips. "Really?"

"Really really." I grinned, squeezing his hands lightly.

He full put grinned, and for the first time in my life, I actually saw him smiling with his teeth showing, which made me even happier. Joy was dancing in his eyes as he pulled my into a big hug, squeezing the life out of me. But I didn't care.

I was squeezing the life out of him too.
♠ ♠ ♠
*sigh*
i really suck, huh?


well, they finally admitted they like each other. that was pretty fun to write. (:
comments? subscribe? please? i seriously need subscribers, or i think i might cancel this story if only like, five people are reading. ://


thanks to my commenters:
HearYouMe
Lovesick;;Melody
nat1016

i loveyouguys<333