Sequel: Lost, Lost, Lost

Love the Leaves

once he was a creeper

...But then he was something different. I watched him with glowing eyes as he walked toward me. My heart started fluttering like butterflies in springtime might do as he looked down at me and grinned.

"So, you know what's happening later, right?" I nodded. I was so ready, so so so ready for this moment. It was going to be the best moment of my life, I knew it would be. He showed me with the way he leaned towards me to kiss my forehead that it could be the best moment of his life, too.

Little did I know, it would also be the worst.

I stood up and he put his arm around me, taking up all the space on my little body. He was much taller than I was, and I couldn't help searching through his teddy bear eyes to see if he liked having a small friend. A small friend... hmm. I didn't really know if it fit, but I guess we'd find out after tonight.

"Which way are you going?" I pointed to the right and I could have sworn I saw a flash of sadness run through his deep brown eyes. "Oh, bummer. I'm going the other way." In two seconds he had given me a hug then he was gone. I stood there, kind of sad with feelings of lonesomeness wash over me. But maybe they would go away later, I thought.

Suddenly I felt a push from behind me and I turned around. Driff was behind me, laughing. So were my other friends. Driff was my best friend though; I told her pretty much everything and she liked to have deep conversations with me. So it worked out, I guess.

"Come on, Ren, you're gonna miss your class. And then I won't be able to have my texting buddy with me." I kind of smiled at that; she was being pretty nice. She wasn't always, but sometimes she was. A lot of times, really.

So I walked to class with a worried look on my face. Worried about later, worried about him, worried, so worried. I would tell Driff all about what happened later, so maybe she would help me feel not as worried as I felt right now. Ugh, but how could I be so sure? I guess there was only one way to find out.